- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Reported Study on Intervention Programs for Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
당뇨병환자에게 적용한 중재프로그램 연구논문 분석
- Song, Gab-Sun (Depat. of nursing Daedong College) ;
- Kim, Ho-Jin (Depat. of nursing Daedong College) ;
- Jun, Jum-Yi (Depat. of nursing Dongeu University)
- Received : 2015.07.17
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
This research was a review and analysis of published articles and theses in Korea on Intervention Programs for patients with Diabetes Mellitus. A comprehensive search of databases was undertaken(Korean studies, Riss4u). using research terms such as"diabetes", "diabetes and education" "diabetes and exercise", "diabetes and intervention", "diabetes and education or exercise." 53 studies were analyzed focusing on type, application method, dependant variable and effect using descriptive statistics. 8 intervention type and 113 dependant variables were used. The most frequently used applied education and counseling and glycometabolism, self-care, self-efficacy the most frequently used dependant variable. The effects of dependant variables no effect or were different effects. Further reserarch in the digital convergence should requires the consideration of Structured content and exercise and the effect of the measurement variables, including the psychological variable effect.
Diabetes Mellitus Patients;Intervention Programs;Literture Review;Analysis;Digital Convergence
- International Diabetes Federation, IDF diabetesatlas. 6th ed. Brussels: International Diabetes Federation, 2013.
- Korean Diabetes Association, Diabetes treatment guidelines, Seoul: Medical literature, 2007.
- Y. O. Chio, Correlationships between Family Support, Self-Care Behaviors and Quality of life in Middle Aged Adults with Diabetes Mellitus, Ewha Women University , 2002.
- Y. S. Park, & S. H. Ryu, Factors Influencing Qulaity of Life in Type II Diabetes Mellitus Patients Reistered at Public Health Center, Journal of Korean Community Nursing Vol. 13, No. 4 pp. 679-688, 2002.
- Stratton, I. M., Adler, A. I., Neil,H. A. W., Matthews, D. R., S. E., Cull, C. A., Hadden, D., turner, R. C., & Hadden, R. R, Association of glycemia with macrovascular and microvascular complications of type 2 diabetes: Prospective observational study, BMJ, 321(7258) pp. 405-412, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.321.7258.405
- J. S. Yoo, & S. J. Lee, A Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Exercise Programs on Glucose and Lipid Metabolism and Cardiac Function in Patients With Type II Diabetes Mellitus, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 546-554, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.3.546
- Y. R. Chin, E .S. So, & H. Y. Lee, A Meta - Analysis of Korean Diabetes Patient Studies, Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 25, No.1 pp.5-16, 2011.
- H. E. Kim, E. J. Kim, & G. E .Kim, The Effects of Diabetes Management Programs using Mobile App: A Systematic Review and a Meta-Analysis, Journal of Contents , Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 300-307, 2015.
- Brown, S. A, Meta-analysis of diabetes patient education research: Variation in intervention effects across studies, Research in Nursing and Health, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 409-419, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.4770150603
- Conn, V. S., Valentine, J. C., & Cooper, H. M, Interventions to increase physical activity among aging adults: A meta-Analysis, Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 191-200, 2002.
- Norris, S. L., Nichols, P. J., Caspersen, C. J., Glasgow, R. E., Engelgau, M. M., Jack L.et al, Increasing diabetes self management education in community settings: A systematic review, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol.22, Suppl. 4, pp. 39-66, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(02)00424-5
- Kibby, M., Tyc, V. L., & Mulhern, R. K, Effectiveness of psychological intervention for children and adolescents with chronic medical illness A meta analysis. Clinical Psychology Review, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 103-117, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-7358(97)00049-4
- H. S. Kim, Effects of Web-based Diabetes Education in Obes Diabetic Patients, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 924-930, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.5.924
- C. H. Ko, &, M. O. Gu, The Effects of a Diabetes Education Program for Coping with Problem Situation on Self-efficacy, Self care behaviors, Coping and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes Patients, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 34, No 7 ,pp. 1205-1214, 2004. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2004.34.7.1205
- H. S. Park, Y. M. Lee, Y. O. Chio, E. S. Bae, & J. H. Na, M. S. Kim, Effects of Diabetes Education Program on Glucose Metabolism and Lipid Metabolism, Self-efficacy in NIDDM Patients, The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, Vol. 4, No 2 pp. 165-178, 2001.
- M. S. Song, The Effects of Diabetes Outpatient Intensive Management Program on Glycemic Control for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus , Catholic University, 205.
- J. S. Yoo, S. J. Lee, H. C Lee, E. S, Kang, & S. H. Kim, E. J. Park, The Effects Short Term Comprehensive Life Style Modification Program on Glycemic Metabolism, Lipid Metabolism and Body Composition in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 34, No. 7, pp. 1277-1287, 2004. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2004.34.7.1277
- S. A. Kang, Effects of home program exercise therapy on blood glucose in non-insulin dependent diabetic patients, Dankook University, 2004.
- J. H. Yoo, Effects of an Efficacy- source-based individual Aerobic Exercise Program on the Physiological Status and Quality of Life of Postmenopausal Women with Type-2 Diabetes, Kyung Hee University, 2005.
- A. R. Hwang J. S. Yoo, & C. J. Kim, The Effects of Planned Exercise Programs on Metabolism, Cardiopulmonary Function and Exercise Compliance in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 31, No 1, pp. 20-30, 2001. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2001.31.1.20
- H. Y. Kang, Development and Effects of a Motivational Interviewing Self-management Program for the Elderly Patients with Diabetes Mellitus, Gyeongsang University, 2013.
- M. S. Wang, Effects of a self-help program including aerobic exercise in type 2 diabetic patients, Hanyang University, 2005.
- Norris, S. L., Zhang, ,X., Avenell, A., Gregg, E., Bowman, B., Serdula, M., et al, Long-term effectiveness of lifestyle and behavioral weight loss intervention in adults with type 2 diabetes: A Meta-analysis, American Journal of Medicine, Vol.1, No.17, pp. 762-774, 2004.
- Funnell, M. M., Brown, T, L., Childs, B. P., Haas, L. B., Hosey, G. M., Jensen, B. et al, National standards for diabetes self-management education, Diabetes Care, Vol.30, No. 6, pp. 413-427, 2004.
- Norris, S. L., Engelgau, M., & Narayan, K. M. V, Effectiveness of self-management trainig in type 2 diabetes, Diabetes Care, Vol.24, No.3, pp.561-587, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.24.3.561
- Stratton, I. M., Adler, A. I., Neil, H. A.W., Matthews, D. R., Manley, S. E., Cull, C., et al, The effectiveness of web-based vs non-web-based interventions: A meta-analysis of behavioral change outcomes, Journal of Medical Internet Research, Vol.6, No.6, e40, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.6.4.e40
- Isoma, B., Almgren, P., Tuomi, T., Forsen, B., Lahti, K., Nissen, M., et al. Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality associated with the metabolic syndrome, Diabetes Care, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 155-165, 2001.
- K. S. Paek, The Effects of a Diabetic Education Program on Self-care Behavior and Glucose Metabolism in Type 2 Diabetic Patients, Journal of Korean Community Nursing Vol. 12, No. 2 , pp. 390-395, 2001.
- J. S. Yoo, E. J . Kim, & S. J. Lee, The Effects of a Comprehensive Life Style Modification Program on Glycemic Control and Stress Response in Type 2 Diabetes, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 751-760, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.5.751
- Bandura, A, Self -efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, Vol. 84, No. 2, pp. 191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Brown, S., & Hedges, L. V. Predicting metabolic control in diabetes; A pilot study using meta-analysis to estimate a linear model, Nursing Research, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 362-368, 1994.
- H. J. Lee, K. Y, Park, H.S. Park, & I. J. Kim,The Effects of Programs Solving Nursing Counseling and Intensified Walking Exercise on Diabetes Self-care, Coping Strategies, and Glycemic Control among Clients with DM Type II, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 1314-1324, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.7.1314
- C. G. Kim, & C. H. Chung, Effects of Telephone Consulting Program on Self-efficacy and Self-care in NIDDM Patients, Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 306-314. 2002.
- E. Y. Kim,& A. Y. So, The Effects of a Community-Based Self-Help Management Program for Patient with Diabetes Mellitus, Journal of Korean Community Nursing Vol. 20, No. 3 , pp. 307-315, 2009.
- M. O. Gu, Structural model for self care behavior and metabolic control in diabetic patient, Seoul National University, 1992.
- E. S. Baek, & H. J. Park, Effets of a Case Management Program on Self-efficacy, Depression and Anxiety in Pregnant Women with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, Korean J Women Health Nurs, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.88-98.
- H. S. Kim, & S. Kim, Effects of an Integrated Self-Management Program on Self-Management, Glycemic Control, and Maternal Identity in Women with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 69-80,2013 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.1.69
- Hosoya T, Matsushima M, NuKariya K, Utsunomiya K.. The relationship between the severity of depressive symptoms and diabetes-related emotional distress in patients with type 2 diabetes, Inern Med, Vol. 50, pp. 263-269, 2012.
- Effect of Diabetic Dietary Education Program on Diabetes Knowledge and Dietary Behaviors of Elderly Diabetic Patients vol.33, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.5.601