- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Research for the Development of Oriental and Western Convergence Prevention Food of Tangerine Peel Powdered Chocolate with Antioxidant Activity
항산화 활성을 지닌 귤피 분말을 이용한 초콜릿의 동서 융복합적 예방식품개발 연구
- Park, Sung-Hye (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Kwangju Women' University) ;
- Cha, Kyoung-Ok (Agricultural Chemistry Graduate School, Wonkwang University) ;
- Park, Hae-Ryoung (Division of Liberal Arts & Teacher Training, Kwangju Women's University)
- Received : 2015.07.12
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
Traditionally we consider the food and the medicine have common roots, that is, energies from them share the same source, and it brought us an unique food culture of our own, and nurtured an unique academic area of oriental medicated dietary therapy. Thus we devise chocolate based on oriental theory and western food and convergence prevention nutritional approach. The study analyzed and examined the nutritional composition, physical properties and analysis DPPH radical scvenging, total polyphenolic compound contents, total flavonoids contents of chocolate added with 5% tangerine peel powder(TPC). Total polyphenolic compound content of TPC was 394.1 mg GAE/100g and DPPH radical scvenging activity was 68.66% and total flavonoid content was 148.88 mg QE/100g. Antioxidative activity of TPC was significantly higher than that of come into the market milk chocolate(p<0.05). In sensory evaluation, significantly difference(p<0.05)of TPC were surface color, flavor, overall acceptance.
- L. Gu, M. A. Kelm, J. F. Hammerstone, G. Beecher, J. Holden, D. Haytowiez, S. Gehbardt, R. L. Prior, Concentrations of proanthocyanidins in common food and estimations of normal consumption. J Am Clin Nutr., Vol. 20, pp. 613-617, 2004.
- S. Y. Kim, H. J. Rho, D. K. Oh, Effect of addition of fractionated milk fat onf fat composition anf melting behavior of cocoa butter. J Korea Food Sci Tehnol., Vol. 29 pp. 23-29, 1997.
- D. Rein, T. G. Paglieroni, D. A. Pearson, H. H. Schmits, R. Gosselin, C. Keen C, Cacao inhibits platelet activation and function. Am J Clin Nutr. Vol. 72, pp. 30-35, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/72.1.30
- W. J. Kim, H. S. Chae, Y. H. Lee, S. H. Park, Anti-oxidant activity and blood glucose level according to Saengmaegsan chocolate intake. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, Vol. 19, pp. 369-374, 2009.
- M. H. Hwang, H. L. Jeon, H. D. Kin, S. W. Lee, M.R. Kin, Quality characteristics and antioxidant activity of chocolate added with Mulberry Pomace. Korean J Food Cookery Sci., Vol. 2, pp. 479-487, 2012.
- S. Charlseri, P. S. Dimick, Cocao butter-its composition and properties. Manufacturing Confectioner Vol. 47, pp. 115-120, 1987.
- J. Y. Lee, J. S. Seo, B. H. Bang, E. J. Jeong, K. P. Kim, Preparation of chocolate added with Monascus barley Koli power and quality characteristics. Korean J Food Nutr., Vol. 16, pp. 116-122, 2003.
- S. W. Moon, M. S. Park, J. B. Ahn, G. E. Ji, Quality characteristics of chocolate blended wit Bifidobacterium-fermented isoflavone powder. J Korea Food Sci Tehnol., Vol. 35, pp. 1162-1168, 2003.
- K. M. Yoo, K. W. Lee, B. K. Moon, I. K. Hwang, Antioxidant characteristics and preparation of chocolate added with Sochungryongtang oriental medicinal extracts. Korean J Food Cookery Sci., Vol. 5, pp. 585-590, 2005.
- K. M. Yoo, C. H. Lee, I. K. Hwang, Preparation of chocolate added with Yuza and its antioxidant characteristics. Korean J Food Cookery Sci., Vol. 24, pp. 222-227, 2008.
- K. M. Yoo, Development of value-added chocolate with Korean red pepper and evaluation of their physiology properties. Korean J Food Nutr., Vol. 27, pp. 678-683, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.4.678
- K. M. Yoo, Physiological and sensory Characteristics of chocolate with Cinnamomi ramulus and Glycyrrhiza glabra L. Korean J Food & Nutr., Vol. 25, pp. 671-676, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2012.25.3.671
- Compilation Committee of Chinese Medicine Thesaurus, Chinese Medicine Thesaurus. Jeondam Publishing Co., Korea. pp. 405-418, 2003.
- M. R. Rye, E. Y. Kim, I. Y. Bae, Y. K. Park, Contents of narigin, hesperidin, and neohesperidin in premature Korean Citrus fruits. Korean J Food Sci Technol., Vol. 34, pp. 132-135, 2002.
- K. M. Yoo, M. R. Song, J.E. Jung, Preparation and sensory characteristics of chocolate with added coffee waste. Korean J Food Nutr., Vol. 24, pp. 111-116, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.1.111
- J. S. Hyon, S. M. Kang, M. Senevirathne, W. J. Koh, T. S. Yang, M. C. Oh, C. K. Oh, Y. J. Jeong, S. H. Kim, Antioxidative activities of extracts from dried Citrus sunki and C. unshiu peels. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr., Vol. 39, pp. 1-7, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.1.001
- J. Y. Cha, S. Y. Kim , S. J. Jeong , Y. S. Cho, Effects of hesperidin and naringenin on lipid concentration in orotic acid treated mice. Korean J Life Sci., Vol. 9, pp. 389-394, 1999.
- L.Y. Rios, M. P. Gonthier, C. Remesy, I. Mila, C. Lapierre, S. A. Lazarus, G. Williamson, A. Scalbert, Chocolate intake increase urinary excretion of polyphenol derived phenolic acids in healthy subjects. Am J Clin Nutr., Vol. 77, pp. 912-915, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/77.4.912
- H. S. Son, H. S. Kim, T. B. Kwon, J. S. Ju, Isolation, purification and hypotensive effects of bioflavonoids in Citrus sinensis. J Korean Soc Food Nutr., Vol. 21, pp. 136-142, 1992.
- J. H. Son, S. H. Lee, Y. B. Park, K. H. Bae, K. H. Son, T. S. Jeong, M. S. Choi, Plasma and hepatic cholesterol and hepatic activities of 3-hydroxy- 3-methylgluraryl Co A reductase and acyl Co A cholesterol transferase are lower in rat fed citrus peep extract or a mixture of citrus bioflavonoids. J Nutr., Vol. 129, pp. 1182-1185, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/129.6.1182
- J. Graaf, P. R. W. Sauvage, M. V. Dam, E. M. Belsey, J. J. P. Kastelein, H. Pritchard, A. F. H. Stalenhoef, Consumption of tall oil-derived phytosterol in a chocolate matrix significantly decrease plasm total and low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels. British J of Nutrition, Vol. 88, pp. 479-485, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN2002690
- M. T. Monforte, A. Trovato, S. Kirjavanien, A. M. Forestieri, E. M. I. Galati, R. B. Curto, Biological effects of hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid hypolipidemic activity on experimental hyper-cholesterolemiain rats. Famco, Vol. 50, pp. 595-599, 1995.
- A.O.A.C., Official Methods of Analysis. 15th ed., Association of official analytical chemists, Washington, D.C., pp. 788, 1990.
- A.O.A.C. Official Methods of Analysis. 14th ed., Association of official analytical chemists, Washington, D.C., pp. 453, 1984.
- M. S. Blois, Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature, Vol. 181, pp. 1199-1200, 1958. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- V. Singleton, J. A. Rossi, Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic acid reagents. Am J Enolo Viticul Vol. 16, pp. 2125-2223, 1996.
- W. B. Davis, Determination of flavanones in citrus fruits. Anal Chem., Vol. 19, pp. 476-478, 1947. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60007a016
- Rural Development Administration Nutritional composition of Food. Komunsa Publishing Co., Korea, 2011.
- J. H. Son, K. O. Kang, Antioxidant properties of commercial noodles supplemented with functional ingredients. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, Vol. 24, pp. 183-189, 2014.
- S.W. Murphy, A. K. Chronopoulos, Dietary flavonls and procyandin oligomers from cocoa in habit platelet function. Am J Clin Nutr., Vol. 77, pp. 1466-1471, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/77.6.1466
- B. Halliweill, J. M. Gytterige, Role of free radical and catalytic metal ions in human disease. Methods Enzymol., Vol. 186, pp. 1-85, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0076-6879(90)86093-B
- J. H. Lim, B. K. Kim, C. E. Park, K. J. Park, J. C. Kim, Antioxidative and antimicrobial activities of presimon leaf tea and green tea. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life, Vol. 18, pp. 709-804, 2008.
- E. Y. Kim, I. H. Baik, J. H. Kim, S. R. Kim, Screening of the antioxidant activity of some medicinal plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol., Vol. 36, pp. 333-338, 2004.
- Y. H. Chu, C. L. Chan, H. F. Hsu, Flavonoids content of several vegetables and mushroom and their antioxidant. J Sci Food Agr., Vol, 80, pp. 561-570, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0010(200004)80:5<561::AID-JSFA574>3.0.CO;2-#
- I. C. Jung, W. J. Kim, S. H. Park, Study of oriental prescription for medicinal food application. J Oriental Phy & Pathology, Vol. 20, pp. 629-633, 2006.
- O. K. Yu, M. A. Kim, J. O. Rho, H. S. Sohn, Y. S. Cha, Quality characteristics and optmization recipes of chocolate added with bokbunja. J Korean Food Sci Nutr., Vol. 36, pp. 1193-1197, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.9.1193
- LRCC5193, a Plant-Origin Lactic Acid Bacterium Isolated from Kimchi and Its Use in Chocolates pp.00221147, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.14364