- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effects of Using Convergence Digital Contents for High-Intensity Interval Exercise on Growth Hormone and Fatigue Elements in Middle Aged Women
융복합 디지털 콘텐츠를 활용한 고강도 인터벌 운동이 중년여성의 성장호르몬과 피로물질에 미치는 영향
- Baek, Soon-Gi (Dept. of Beauty & Health, Jungwon University) ;
- Min, Young-Sil (Dept. of Medicinal Plant Science, Jungwon University)
- Received : 2015.07.13
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
This study was tested growth hormone and fatigue materials after eight-week high-intensity interval exercise to middle aged women (40's~50's women) who have been obesity without other disease. Two group of 20 candidates were randomly divided 10 persons as exercise group and control group. Exercise was conducted 8 weeks 4 days 35 minutes, before the study each group was checked vital sign for fatigue materials. It showed the following results. First, it has been increased growth hormone level after exercise program compared each group, significantly. Secondly, it has been decreased fatigue materials due to the high-strength interval workout for 8 weeks compared control as significantly. As a result, eight-week high-intensity interval exercise could be increased growth hormone levels by reducing fatigue and it might be preventing fatigue materials levels. We would suggest that high-strength interval workout for 8 weeks could have a positive effect for preventing and reducing fatigue and related disease, obesity.
- National Statistics Office. 2013.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2013.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. 2013.
- Kim, Kye-Boon, Effect of Twenty Weeks' Toning Exercises on Blood Components, and Bone Density of Aged Women in Rural Area, Graduate School of Gyeongsang National University, Master's thesis. 2015.
- Kim, Mi-Lyang, Chung,Jin-Wook, Verifying Health Behavior Model of Middle Aged Women Participating Regular Exercise : Emphasis on Spousal Support, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 877-886. 2013.
- Cho Yoon-sil, Differences in Outpatients Healthcare Utilization by Level of Physical Activity among Middle-aged Korean Women, Graduate School of Seoul National University, Master's thesis. 2015.
- ACSM's Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription(8th ed.) Baltimore : American College of Sports Medicine. 2009.
- Babraj, J. A., Vollaard, N., Keast, C., Goppy, F. M., Cottrell, G., & Timmons, J. A, Extremely short duration high intensity interval training substantially improves insulin action in young healthy male. BMC Endocrine Disorders, 9, 3. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6823-9-3
- Kirsten A. B., Scott, C. H., George J. F. H, Suzanne, N. B, Martin J. G, Six sessions of sprint interval training increases muscle oxidative potential and cycle endurance capacity in humans, Journal of Applied physiology, Vol. 98, pp. 1985-1990. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.01095.2004
- Baechle, T. R. and R. W. Earle (2008). Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning.(3rd ed.) USA: National strength and conditioning association.
- Tjonna, A. E., Lee, S. J., Rognmo, O., Stolen, T. O., Bye. A., Haram, P. M., Loennechen, J. P., Al-Share, Q. Y., Skogvoll, E., Slordahl, S. A., Kemi, O. J., Najjar, S. M., & Wisloff, U, Aerobic interval training versus continuous moderate exercise as a treatment for the metabolic syndrome: A pilot study. American Heart Association, Vol. 118, pp. 346-354. 2008.
- Wisloff, U., Stoylen, A., Loennechen, J. P., Bruvold, M., Rognmo, O., Haram, P. M., Tjonna, A. E., Helgerud, J., Rognmo, O., Helgerud, J., Slordahl. S. A., Lee, S. J., Videm, V., Bye, A., Smith, G. L., Najjar, S. O., Ellingsen, O., & Skjaerpe, T, Superior cardiovascular effect of aerobic interval training versus moderate continuous training in heart failure patients: a randomized study. Circulation, Vol. 115, pp. 3086-3094. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.675041
- J. Yim, J. Yoo, S. Chang, J. Lee, J. Yoo, "2013 Mobile Internet Report," Korea Internet & Security Agency, 2013.
- S. Fox, M. Duggan, "Mobile health 2012," PEW Research Center, 2013.
- Kim, Hak-Kyun, The Effects of Smartphone Application to Increase Physical Activity Among University Students, Graduate School of Seoul National University, Master's thesis. 2012.
- Patrick K, Griswold W, Raab F, Intille S. Health and the mobile phone. American Journal of Prevent Medicine, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 177-181, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2008.05.001
- Kang, Hui-Won, The Effect of TABATA Training on Body Composition, Blood lipids and Immunoglobulin of Middle-aged Women, The Graduate School of Hanyang University, Master's thesis. 2015.
- Eliakim, A., Scheett, T. P., Newcomb, R., Mohan, S., & Cooper, D. M, Fitness, training, and the growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1 axis in prepubertal girls. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, Vol. 86, No. 6, pp. 2797-2802. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.86.6.2797
- Westphal, O, Normal growth and growth disorders in children. Acta Odontol Scand, Vol. 53, pp. 174-178. 1995. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016359509005968
- Kang, lk-won, Cho, Won-Je, The Relationship of Maximal Oxygen Uptake, Growth-Related Hormone, Serotonin and Working Memory in Adolescent by High-Intensity Aerobic Exercise, The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 1051-1063. 2015.
- Wideman, L., Consitt, L., Patrie, J., Swearingin, B., Bloomer, R., Davis, P., Weltman, A, The impact of sex and exercise duration on growth hormone secretion, Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 101, No. 6, pp. 1641-1647. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00518.2006
- Boisseau, N., ＆ Delamarche, P, Metabolic and hormonal responses to exercise in children and adolescents. Sports Med. Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 405-442. 2000. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200030060-00003
- Kraemer, R. R., Kilgore, J. L., ＆ Kraemer, G. R, Growth Hormone, IGF-1 and testosterone response to resistive exercise. Med. Sci. Sports. Exerc. Vol. 24, pp. 1346-1352. 2002.
- Park, So-Young, The effects of 12 weeks aerobic dance program on the old women's cardiorespiratory function, body composition, blood lipid and hormones, Graduate School of Yong-In University, Doctor's thesis. 2003.
- Kim, Chang-Hwan, Effect of 12 Wk aerobic training on muscle perfusional capacity, IGF-1 and Growth related hormone concentration in old aged adults, Graduate School of Korean National University, Doctor's thesis. 2003.
- Felsing N. E., Brasel J. A., Cooper D. M, Effect of low and high intensity exercise on circulating growth hormone in men. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab, Vol. 75. pp. 157-162. 1992.
- Baird MF, Graham SM, Baker JS, & Bickerstaff GF, Creatine-kinase and exercise-related muscle damage implications for muscle performance and recovery. Journal of Nutrition Metabolism, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 247-254. 2012.
- Lee MS, Paik IY, Kwak YS, No HT, & Jin HE, The effect of kinesio taping on muscle strength improvement, blood fatigue factors, muscle fatigue and damage index. Journal of Life Science, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 870-876. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2010.20.6.870
- Brancaccio P, Lippi G, & Maffulli N (2010). Biochemical markers of muscular damage. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, 48(6): 757-767. https://doi.org/10.1515/CCLM.2010.179
- Sang-Hoon Yang, The influence of judo masters' pre-season winter hard-training on fatigue substance, muscle injury marker and inflammation markers. Exercise Science, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 39-47. 2015. https://doi.org/10.15857/ksep.2015.24.1.39
- Mooren, F. C., Lechtermann, A., Fobker, M., Brandt, B., Srg, C., VOlker, K., & Nacken, W, The response of the novel pro-inflammatory molecules S100A8/A9 to exercise. Int J Sports Med, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp. 751-758. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2005-872909
- Taribian, B., Azadpoor, N., & Abbasi, A, Effects of two different type of treadmill running on human blood leukocyte populations and inflammatory indices in young untrained men, J Sports Med Phys Fitness, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 214-223. 2009.
- Poulsen HE, Loft S, & Vistisen K, Extreme exercise and oxidative DNA modification. J Sports Sci, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 343-346. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640419608727720
- Lacour, J. R, Muscle activity and energy expenditure. Revue des maladies respiratoires. Vol. 28, No. 10, pp. 1278-1292. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rmr.2011.06.014
- Wagenmakers, A. J. M., Coakley, J. H., Feilly, T., & Edwards, R. H. T, Metabolism of Branched-Chain Amino Acids and Ammonia During Exercise: Clues from McArdle's Disease. J. Int. Sports Med. Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. S101-S113. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-1024861
- Kim, Dong-Jae, Ahn, Byung-Keun, Yoon Hyun,Kim, Sung-Hee, Effects of plyometric training on cardio-respiratory fitness, isokinetic leg strength, power, agility, and blood fatigue materials in high school judo players, The Journal of Korean Alliance of Martial Arts, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 235-247. 2011.
- Warren, B. J., M. H. Stone, J. T. Kearney, S. J. Fleck, R. L. Johnson, G. D. Wilson, and W. J. Kraemer, Performance measures, blood lactate and plasma ammonia as indicators of overwork in elite junior weightlifters. Int. J. Sports Med. Vol. 13, pp. 372-376. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-1021283
- Bangsbo, J, Physiology soccer with special reference to intense intermittent exercise Acta. Physiol. Scand., Vol. 151, pp. 619. 1994.
- Palmer RM, Rees DD, Ashton DS, Moncada S. L-arginine is the physiological precursor for the formation of nitric oxide in endothelium-dependent relaxation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, Vol. 153, No. 3, pp. 1251-1256. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-291X(88)81362-7
- Juan GP, Luis MR, Uric acid as a cardiovascular risk factor in arterial hypertension. J Hypertens, Vol. 17, pp. 869-872. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-199917070-00001
- Kreider RB, Melton C, Greenwood M, Rasmussen C, Lundberg J, Earnest C, Almada A, Effects of oral D-ribose supplementation on anaerobic capacity and selected metabolic markers in healthy males. Int. J. Sport Nutr. Exerc. Metab, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 76-86. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.13.1.76
- Kim, Yoo-Jin, The effect of obesity treatment program on body composition, blood pressure and blood ingredient of middle-aged women, Graduate School of Jeju National University, Master's thesis. 2007.
- Shin, Kyung-A, Kwon, Dae-keun, Song, Young-ju, The Effect of Phellinus Linteus Extract Supplementation on Exercise Performance, Muscle Fatigue and Related Blood Components, The Korean Journal of Exercise Nutrition, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 117-122. 2007.