- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Effects of the Convergence of musculoskeletal disorders Women with Disabilities on Quality of life in Jeon-nam Area
근골격계질환 장애여성의 융복합이 삶의 질에 미치는 영향
- Min, Je-Ho (Department of Alternative Medicine, Kwangju Women's University) ;
- Han, Hee-Jeong (Department of Occupational Therapy, Sorabol college)
- Received : 2015.07.22
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
As we enter the era Convergence, commercialized convergence contents aimed at the disabled are giving a lot of help to them. This fusion research is aimed at providing necessary basic data and practical measures for these by analyzing the effect of influencing the quality of life for women with disabilities. This research was conducted with 250 disabled women living in Jeon-nam region from Jan,1 through April, 25 in 2015. After screening women aged 20-80 who had symptoms and musculoskeletal disorders and were using convergence contents, convergence projects were implemented with total 125 patients over 16 weeks. The result of the convergence projects showed that most of these experieced the decrease of musculoskeletal pain, the decrease of depressed levels, and the improvement of quality of life. Future studies should be done in terms of a long-term perspective and continuing support, and follow-up studies should also be done to evaluate its effectiveness.
Musculoskeletal disorders;Women with Disabilities;quality of life;depression;convergence
- M. Y. Gee, J.S. Moon, "Subjective Symptoms of Musculoskeletal Disorders in Women Workers", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 634-642, 2007.
- Hughes. RB, Robinson-Whelen. S, Taylor. HB, Petersen. NJ, Nosek. MA, "Characteristics of depressed and non-depressed women with physical disabilities", Archives of Physical Medicine & rehabilitation, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 473-9, 2005.
- Y. O. Kim, J. Park, S. Y. Ryu, "A study on the cervicobrachial syndrome among the microwave-oven assemblers", Korean Journal Occupational Environment Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 306-319, 1995.
- J. W. Choi, Y. T. Yeom, D. B. Song, J. T. Park, S. H. Jang, J. A. Chok, "Musculoskeletal diseases of upper extremities among the electronic assembly workers and telecommunication workers Korean", Journal Occupational Environment Medicine, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 301-319, 1996.
- S. Y. Kim, "The development of a structural model on work-related musculoskeletal disorders of women works", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 18, No.4, pp. 624-633, 2007.
- M. S. Lee, M. K. Lee , KDS-30, Hakjisa, 2005.
- H. S. Kim, "A study of the lifestyle and health status of middle aged women", Ehwa women University, 1999.
- M. J. Jeon, J, SaKong, J. J. Lee, H. K. Lee , "Assessment of job related cumulative trauma disorders of dentists in Daegu metropolitan city", Korean Journal of Occupational Environment Medicine, Vol.13, No.1, pp.55-63, 2001.
- S. Y. Son, "Factors Related to the Health Related Quality of Life in Elderly Women", Korean journal of women health nursing, Vol.15, No.2, pp.99-107, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.2.99
- S. B. Kim, B. K. Lee, "Effects of Folk Dance Program on Health Physical Fitness, Pain and Depression in Older Female", The official journal of the korean association of certified exercise professionals, Vol.12, No.4, pp.9-21, 2010.
- K. Chikuji, M. Motoyama, H. Ohto, T. Morita, Y. Sunami, M. Tanaka, M. Shindo, "The effects of low intensity aerobic training on the physiological indexes and the quality of life in middle-aged white collar workers", Sangyo Eiseigaku Zasshi, Vol.41, No.3, pp.63-71, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1539/sangyoeisei.KJ00001990787
- J. E. Ware, "SF-36 Physical and Mental Health Summary Scales: A User's Manual. Boston, Massachusetts: The Health institute", New England Medical Center, 1994.
- D. L. Smith, "Employment status of women with disabilities from the behavioral risk factor surveillance survey," Work, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 127-35, 2007.
- A. Ozcan, Z, Tulum, A. K. Bacakoglu, "The relationship between quality of life and functional status measurements in shoulder impingement syndrome", Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 219-225, 2003.
- Yun-Young Sok, Seok-Hun Kim, "Integrated Medical Information System Implementation for the u-Healthcare Service Environment", Korea Contents Association ,Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 115-126, 2010.
- M.F. Folstein, S.E. Folstein, P.R McHugh, Mini-mental state. "A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician", Journal of Psychiatric Research, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 189-198, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3956(75)90026-6
- J.W. Won et al, "Korea Activities of Daily Living Scale and Korea Instrumental Activities of Daily Living Scale", The Korean Geriatrics Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 1-20, 2002.
- The Effect of home education convergence program on arm functions, occupational performance, quality of life, and depression in mastectomy patients with arm function impairment vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.515