- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Convergence Relationship between Self-Esteem and Obesity Stress among Women in Korea
한국여성의 자아존중감과 비만스트레스와의 융복합적 관계에 관한 연구
- Park, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Kwangju Women's University) ;
- Park, Hae-Ryoung (Division of Liberal Arts & Teacher Training, Kwangju Women's University)
- Received : 2015.07.16
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the factors affecting Obesity-Stress among women in their twenties. The research design for this study was a descriptive survey design using a convenience sampling. Data collection was done using self-report questionnaires with 216 women located in M city. Pearson correlation coefficients and Hierarchical multiple regression with the SPSS Win 18.0 Program were used to analyze the data. In the hierarchical multiple regression analysis, Perceived body shape and BMI significantly predicted. A result of examining the correlation between stress and obesity Stress and the variables, Appearance Orientation,(r=.386, p=<.001) Self-Esteem(r=.324, p=<.001) Body Evaluation(r=-453, p=<.001), Body Appearance Satisfaction(r=-.560, p=<.001). hierarchical multiple regression step 3 shows that variables explained 54.1%. As a result on the basis of, This will require a variety of training programs provided in order to reduce obesity stress.
Obesity-Stress;Body Appearance Satisfaction;Appearance Orientation;Convergence;Self-Esteem
- K. O. Shin, "Study on Body Awareness, and Health Status according to Body Mass Index of College Women in Seoul Area", Journal of East Asian Soc Dietary Life, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp.49-63, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2015.2.25.1.49
- Y. H. Yom, K. E. Lee, "Factors Affecting Body image of Undergraduate Students", Journal of Korean academy of fundamentals of nursing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp.452-462, 2011.
- http://www.econovill.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=254697(July, 23, 2015).
- R. H. Hwang, "A Study on Eating Disorder, Body Image and Self-Esteem of Female University Students", Korean Journal of Womens Health Nursing. Vol. 15. No. 4. pp. 328-335. 2009. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.4.328
- H. S. Shin, S. N. Paik, "Body Image, Self-esteem and Depression in College Female Students-Normal and Overweight " Journal of Korean Academic Nursing, Vol. 33, No. 3. pp. 331-338. 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.3.331
- M, H. Sung, "The Relationship between Eating Disorders, Self-Esteem and Depression among in College Woman" Journal of Korean Academy Fundamental Nursing, Vol. 11. No.1, pp. 59-66. 2004.
- S. H. Park, G. S. Park, "Appearance Management Behaviors of Female University Students by Self-Efficacy and Self-Esteem", The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp.1075-1087, 2011. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2011.19.5.1075
- M. C. Lim, C. N. Son, "Effects of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy on Body Image satisfaction, Anxiety, and Self-Esteem in University Students with Negative Body Image", The Korean Journal of the Health Psychology, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.823-840, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2012.17.4.004
- S. E. Choi "The Influence of Weight Control on The Obesity Stress Female Dance Major Students", Unpublished master's dissertation Dan_Kook University, Cheonam, 1998.
- E. H. Kim, K. Y. Kim, "The Relationship between the Sociality and the Obesity Stress of Children", Korean Journal of Play Therapy , Vol. 5. No. 2 pp. 65-80. 2002.
- J. W. Moon, J. S. Park, "A Study on the Relationship of Obesity Stress, Sociality and Academic Achievements in Elementary school Students", Journal of Korean Heath and Medical Sciety, Vol.25 pp. 79-97. 2009.
- S. J. Park, C. N. Son, "The Effects of Cognitive Behavior Therapy on Body Image Esteem, Self Esteem and Depression of College Woman with Negative Body Image", Journal of Korean Psychology, Vol. 7. No. 3. pp. 335-351. 2002.
- Y. J. Jung, "The Relation between Obesity S tress and Dance Activity in Accordance with BMI Index of University Dance Majors", Unpublished master's dissertation Dan_Kook University, Cheonam,
- K. H. jun. "The effects od Self-Concept Enhancement Program on Elementary school Children Slef-Esteem and Development of an Learning Attitude" Unpublished master's dissertation Korea National University, Seoul,
- H. Y. Choi, "Effects of Sociocultural Attitude toward Appearance and Body Images on Clothing Benefits Sought", Unpublished master's Kyungpook dissertation University. 2000.
- J. E. Lee, S. Y. Auh, I. K. Jung, J. H. Kim, "The Effects of Body Appearance Satisfaction and Self-Esteem on the Perceived Obesity Stress in Adolescence in Seoul", Vol. 24. No. 4. pp. 105-116. 2012.
- O. S. Kim, H. S. Yoon. "Factors Associated with Weight Control Behaviors Among High School females with Normal Body Weight", Vol. 30. No.2. pp. 391-401. 2000. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.2.391
- O. S. Kim, K. H. Kim. "Weight Self Esteem and Depression in High School and College Female", Vol. 12. No.3. pp. 396-406. 2000.