- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Parenting Attitudes on Adolescents' Fandom Activities in the Times of Convergence: Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Psychological Factors and Life Satisfaction
융복합시대 부모양육태도가 청소년의 팬덤활동에 미치는 영향: 심리적 요인과 삶의 만족도의 매개효과를 중심으로
- Paik, Jina (Department of Social Welfare, Hansei University)
- 백진아 (한세대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2015.07.23
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of the study is to examine the effect of parenting attitudes on adolescents' fandom activities, and to prove the meditating effect of psychological factors and life satisfaction on the relationship between parenting attitudes and adolescents' fandom activities. The results are as follows: First, while negative parenting attitude influenced negatively adolescents' fandom activities, positive parenting attitude had no effect on them. Second, positive parenting attitude had negative effect on adolescents' psychological factors, but negative parenting attitude influenced positively them. Third, adolescents' psychological factors influenced positively their fandom activities. Fourth, adolescents' psychological factors had perfect mediating effect between positive parenting attitude and their fandom activities, and they also played partial mediating role between negative parenting attitude and their fandom activities.
Parenting Attitude;Psychological Factor;Life Satisfaction;Fandom Activity;Convergence
- Y. S. Kim, Research on Youth Social Participation through Fan Clubs- Based on 'Girls' Generation' Fan Club-, The Journal of Civic Youth Studies, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 101-1421, 2011.
- H. J. Kim.Y. S. Lim.S. J. Oh, The Relationship between Idolization and School Life Adjustment in Adolescence. Family and Culture, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 31-52, 2000.
- H. J. Kim, Mediated through Peer Relationship and Fear of Negative Evaluation: The Effects of Self-esteem on Idolization. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 115-139, 2002.
- H. J. Kim.Y. J. Won, Fandom Evolves like a Moving Organism. Korean Jounal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 253-278, 2002.
- J. M. Choung, An Analysis of Youth Fandom Based on the Ground Theory. Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 91-119, 2010.
- W. S. Choi.Y. H. Kim, Characteristics in Adolescent's Idolization of Entertainers. Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 171-192, 1999.
- S. S. Kim, An Influence on Adolescents' Fandom Activities. The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 167-176, 2013.
- J. H. Lim.J. S. Chun, Effect of Parenting Behaviors and Parent-child Communication on School Adjustment among Male and Female Adolescents. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 19, No. 8, pp. 169-190, 2012.
- H. L. Chang.I. J. Chung, The Effects of Parenting Attitudes on Prosocial Behavior and Aggression Mediated by Self-esteem. Korean Journal of Family Social Work, Vol. 40, pp. 33-61, 2013.
- S. N. Seo.S. G. Lee.S. H. Lim, The Effect of Positive Parenting Style, Self-efficacy, Stress, and Depression on School Adjustment of Adolescents. The Society of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 327-333, 2012.
- H. K. Shin, The Relationship of Academic Stress, Negative Affectivity, Alexithymia, and Perceived Parenting Behavior to Somatization in Adolescents. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 171-187, 2002.
- M. Y. Kim, Mediated Effects of Confusion of Identity in Relation to a Parent's Child-rearing Attitude and Depression, Anxiety and Compulsive Obsession: Focusing on Japanese university students. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 337-362, 2011.
- S. S. Kim, An Influence on Adolescents' Fandom Activities, The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 167-176, 2013.
- H. R. Yim.S. H. Kim.I. J. Chung, The Differential of Positive Parenting Attitudes on Adolecents' Psychosocial Adjustment, Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 1-27, 2014.
- S. Y. Jeon, The Effect of Mother's Psychological Control, Children's Behavioral Autonomy an Self Control on Children's Problems Behavior. Korean Home Management Association, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2007.
- J. M. Choung, An Analysis of Youth Fandom Based on the Ground Theory. Journal & Article Management System, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 91-119, 2010.
- H. S. Park.S. Y. Jung, Predictors of Addictive Behavior in Adolescents. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 592-607, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.3.592
- Y. I. Choi, Emotional Intelligence, Entertainer Idolization, and School Life Adjustment in Middle School Students. Department of Family Environment & Welfare Graduate School Chonnam National University, 2011.
- E. M. An.S. H. Kim.S. Y. Jeun.S. M. Jin.I. J. Chung, The Effect of Fandom Activity Participation on Adolescent School Adjustment. Social Science Research Review, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 421-446, 2012.
- S. K. Kim.M. K. Park.J. S. An, The Influence of School Adjustment on Life Satisfaction of Middle School Students: The Moderating Effects of Perceived Parental Behavior, Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 163-182, 2014.
- Y. M. Baek, The Effects of Circadian Rhythm on Life Satisfaction and Optimistic Attitudes in Middle School Students. The Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 15, pp. 163-182, 2004.
- Y. S. Lim, Adolescent Idolization of Public Stars and Psycho-social Adjustment. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 57-78, 2002.
- J. H. Jeon, A Study on the Emotional Characteristics of Adolescents Acting in a Fan-club for Entertainers: Focusing on Woobak Family, a Fan-Club for Rain. Department of Education at Seoul National University, 2011.