- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on Evaluation of Usefulness of Copper Additional Filter in the Digital Radiography System
디지털 방사선장치에서 구리 부가필터의 유용성 평가에 관한 융복합 연구
- Kim, Sang-Hyun (Dept. of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Dept. of Radiological Science, Eulji University)
- 김상현 (서울대학교병원 영상의학과, 을지대학교 방사선학과)
- Received : 2015.07.23
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
This convergence study analyzed the effectiveness of digital radiography system of copper(Cu) filter in the added filtration for the removal of lower energy radiation through dose and image evaluation. We were analyzed from April to June 2015 result of the examination. Cu filter was applied to each non, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 mm according to change of kV and mAs and doses were evaluated. Image quality was evaluated by PSNR, MAE, MSE, CNR, SNR and qualitative analysis was performed by seven items for resolution and contrast from chest x-ray criteria of national cancer checkup. The absorbed doses with Cu were lowered by 16-88 % than non-filter but the gaps decreased as kV increased. PSNR were over 30 dB and all significant and CNR and SNR were superior with non-filter but in the qualitative analysis, there were different statistical significant according to each item. The score of 0.1 mm filter was high at pulmonary blood vessel observation and in the 0.3 mm Cu, there were no statistical signigicant except high density and full of air portion. Cu filter can improve image quality with lower radiation dose using better radiation quality and correction power at digital radiography system.
Convergence;Copper filter;Digital radiography system;Dose;Image quality
- W. I. Cho, Y. K. Kim, G. D. Lee, Change of dose exposure and improvement of image quality by additional filtration in mammography, Journal of Radiation Protection, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.78-90, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2013.38.2.078
- G. S. Shin, J. H. Choi, Y. H. Kim, J. M. Kim , C. G. Kim, Patient dose in mammography, Journal of radiological science and technology, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp.293-299, 2005.
- S. J. Moon, Y. G. Kim, S. G. Lee, Reduction of patient dose exposure and improvement of image quality by use of additional filtration in digital radiology, Korean J Digit Imaging Med, pp.19-25, 2010.
- Raymond P. Rossi, Reduction of Radiation Exposure in Radiography of the chest, Radiology, Vol. 144 pp. 909-914, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.144.4.7111745
- J. W. Gil, J. H. Park, S. H. Bae, H. J. Hwang, Y. G. Kim, The solution to the limitation of the conventional digital x-ray system and its feasibility test, Journal of digital convergence, Vol, 12, No. 12, pp. 371-379, 2014.
- Schaefer-Prokop C, Neitzel U, Venema HW, Prokop M, Digital chest radiography: an update on modern technology, dose containment and control of image quality, European radiology, Vol 18, Issue 9, pp. 1818-1830, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-008-0948-3
- Y. S. Kim, H. S. Park, S. J. Park, H. J. Kim, Effective detective quantum efficiency(eDQE) evaluation for the influence of focal spot size and magnification on the digital radiography system, Korean journal of medical physis, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 26-32, 2012.
- J. H. Kwak, J. B. Jeong, A study on the guardan's perception of attending patient in pediatric radiology, J. Korean Soc. Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 189-201, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.4.189
- I. J. Lee, H. Y, Kim, N. C. Kim, Y. C. Lee, Y. K. Park, Evaluation of image according to exposure conditions using contrast-detail phantom for chest digital radiography, J. Radiological science and technology, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 25-32, 2009.
- K. H. Jo, Y. H, Kang, B. S. Kim, A study on the exposure parameter and the patient dose for digital radiography system in dae goo, J. Korean Soc. Radiol. science, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 172-182, 2008.
- Y. H. Kim, Method for measurement of entrance surface dose and role of radiation technologist, J. Radiological science and technology, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 173-191, 2005.
- S. I. Shin, C. Y. Kim, S. C. Kim, The study on the reduction of patient surface dose through the use of copper filter in a digital chest radiography, J. Radiological science and technology, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 223-228, 2008.
- J. H. Jeong, J. M. Kim, M. H. Jeong, E. K. Im, Imaging characteristics of digital chest radiography with an amorphus silicon flat panel detectors, Journal of the korean society of digital medical imaging technology, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 27-32, 2008.
- J. S. Lee, C. S. Kim, The additional filter and ion chamber sensor combination for reducing patient dose in digital chest x-ray projection, J. Korean soc. Radiol, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 175-181, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.3.175
- S. Yang, J. B. Han, N. G. Choi, S. G. Lee, The Review of Exposure Index in Digital Radiography and Image Quality, Journal of Radiation Protection, Vol 38, No 1, pp.29-36, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2013.38.1.029
- Uffmann M, Cornelia S, Digital Radiography: Balance between image quality and required radiation dose, Eur. J. Radil, Vol 72, pp.202-208, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2009.05.060