- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A literature Review (1996-2014) on Critical Thinking in Korean Nursing Education for the Era of Convergence
융복합 시대 준비를 위한 국내 간호대학 교육에서의 비판적 사고 연구(1996-2014) 동향 분석
- Ha, Na-Sun (Department of Nursing, Seoil University) ;
- Pak, So-Young (College of Nursing, Shinhan University) ;
- Lee, Mi-Ja (Department of Nursing, Seoil University)
- Received : 2015.07.22
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The critical thinking has become gradually important in nursing education for the era of convergence. The literature review was undertaken to identify the study trends of critical thinking in nursing education in Korea. 75studies from 1996 to 2014 were reviewed. The studies related to critical thinking were highly increased from 2006. The study design was identified descriptive studies to path model. The predictors to critical thinking were an academic system, age, interpersonal relationship, academic achievement, the duration of clinical practice, satisfaction on nursing, self-esteem, self-efficacy, learning methods and so on. The consequence variables were clinical practice stress, cognitive stress, the ability of problem-solving, clinical competency, emotion control, communication competence. It is necessary to develop education programs and curriculum based on evidence from the researches for increasing critical thinking.
- R. H. Ennis, A logical basis for measuring critical thinking skills. Educational Leadership, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp.44-48, 1985.
- P. A. Facione, Critical thinking; A statement of expert consensus for purpose of educational assessment and instruction. p.2, Milbrae, CA, The California Academic Press, 1990.
- S. H. Bhang, Research Trends in Korea on critical thinking education and lesson, Journal of lifelong learning society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.61-83, 2011. https://doi.org/10.26857/JLLS.2011.04.7.1.61
- Zenobia C. Y. Chan, A systematic review of critical thinking in nursing education, Nurse Education Today, Vol. 33, Issue 3, pp.236-240, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2013.01.007
- J. A. Worrell, J. Profetto-McGrath, Critical thinking as an outcome of context-based learning among post RN student: A literature review. Nurse Education Today, Vol. 27, Issue 5, pp.420-426, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2006.07.004
- S. J. Shin, D. Y. Jung, Critical thinking in nursing science: A literature review. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp.117-128, 2009.
- G. Watson, E. Glaser, Watson-Glaser Critical thinking appraisal manual, New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanoich, 1964.
- N. C. Facione, P.A. Facione, C. A. Sanchez, Critical thinking disposition as a measure of competent clinical judgment: the development of the california critical thinking disposition inventory. J Nursing Education, Vol. 33, No. 8, pp.345-350, 1994.
- S. H. Park, The effect of the program for the improvement of college students' critical thinking ability, Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp.93-112, 1999.
- J. Yoon. Development of an instrument for the measurement of critical thinking disposition, Ph.D. dissertation, Catholic University, 2004.
- I. S. Kwon, G. E. Lee, G. D. Kim, Y. H. Kim, K. M. Park, H. S. Park, Development of a critical thinking disposition scale for nursing students, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 36, No. 6, pp.950-958. 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.950
- S. Y. You, N. C. Kim, Development of critical thinking skill evaluation scale for nursing students, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.44 No.2, pp.129-138, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2014.44.2.129
- C. Tanner, Caring as a value in nursing education. Nursing Outlook. Vol. 38, pp.70-72, 1990.
- A. Kawashima, M. A. Petrini, Study of critical thinking skills in nursing students and nurses in Japan. Nurse Education Today, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp.286-292, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2004.02.001
- H. Kaya, H. Sen, A. Kececi, Critical thinking in nursing education: Anatomy of a course. New Educational Review, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.159-173, 2011.
- A. Mangena, M. M. Chabeli, Strategies to overcome obstacles in the facilitation of critical thinking in nursing education. Nurse Education Today, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp.291-298, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2005.01.012
- F. Myrick, Preceptorship and critical thinking in nursing education. The Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.154-164, 2002.
- F. Myrick, O. Yonge, Enhancing critical thinking in the preceptorship experience in nursing education. Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp.371-380, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.2003.02920.x
- Beck CT. Caring within nursing education: A metasynthesis. Journal of Nursing Education. Vol. 40, No. 3, pp.101-109, 2001.