- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study of Knowledge, Health Beliefs and HPV Preventive Behavior Intention about Human Papilloma Virus(HPV) Vaccination among Health College Students
일부 보건계열 대학생의 인유두종 바이러스 지식과 예방접종 관련 건강신념 및 감염 예방행위의도에 관한 융복합 연구
- Jang, Young-Mi (Chungnam National University College of Nursing) ;
- Han, Jin-Sook (Konyang University College of Nursing) ;
- Moon, Young-Sook (Konyang University College of Nursing)
- Received : 2015.06.30
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the knowledge level, health beliefs related to HPV vaccination and HPV preventive behavior intention of human papilloma virus among health college student in Korea. A quantitative, descriptive design was used to study 264 students in D-city, M-city recruited from June 1 to June 15, 2014. The data were analyzed SPSS 21.0 program. The average level of HPV knowledge, health beliefs related to HPV vaccination and HPV preventive behavior intention about human papilloma virus were relatively low. No correlation between HPV knowledge and health beliefs. But health beliefs related to HPV vaccination have risen even higher degree of infection prevention behaviors. Therefore, it is necessary for specific methods, such as education programs, including HPV knowledge to improve future health beliefs related to HPV vaccination and HPV preventive behavior intention of human papilloma virus.
- H. Y. Kang, "A study on the characteristics of sexual knowledge, attitudes, behaviors and variables forecasting sexual intercourse of university students", Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkonghoe University, Seoul. 2007.
- L. E. Markowitz, E. F. Dunne, H. W. Chesson, C. R, Curtis, J. Gee, J. A. Bocchini & E. R. Unge, "Human papillomavirus vaccination recommendations of the advisory committee on immunization practice", MMWR, Vol. 63, No. 5, pp. 1-29, 2014.
- N. Munoz, F. X. Bosch, S. Sanjose, R. Herrero, X. Castellsague, K. Shah & P. J. F. Snijders, "Epidemiologic classification of human papillomavirus types associated with cervical cancer", New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 348, No. 6, pp. 518-527, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa021641
- K. A. Choi, Jin. K. Oh, H. R. Sin, J. H. Kim, K. S. Lee & N. L. Liu, "Knowledge of human papillomavirus infection and acceptability of vaccination among adult women in Korea", Korean Journal Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 617-623, 2008.
- International Agency for Research on Cancer, [internet] Available From: http://globocan.jarc.fr/old/facrSheets/cancers/cervix-new.asp (accessed on 8 December 2014)
- National Cancer Information Center. 2012 cancer statistic. Available From: http://kosis.kr/wnsearch/totalSearch.jsp
- E. F. Dunne, E. R. Unger, M. Sternberg, G. McQuillan, D. C. Swan, S. S. Patel & L. E. Markowitz, "Prevalence of HPV infection among females in the United States", The Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 297, No. 8, pp. 813-819, 2007. http://dx.doi:10.1001/jama.297.8.813. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.297.8.813
- K. B. Choi, H. S. Mo, Jin-Sun Kim, "Factors associated with intention to recommend human papillomavirus vaccination among Korean school health teachers", Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, Vol. 18, pp. 297-310, 2013. doi:10.1111/jspn.12041 https://doi.org/10.1111/jspn.12041
- E. J. Lee, "Knowledge about cervical cancer, health beliefs and human papillomavirus vaccination rate in female university students", Journal of Korean Oncology Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 65-73, 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.1.65 https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.1.65
- D. H. Seong, Y. H. Kim, "Factors influencing the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination of females in their twenties in some Busan Areas", Journal of the Korea Academia-industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 4212-4219, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4212 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4212
- S. M. Park, J. S. Choi, "Comparison of human papillomavirus vaccination status, associated with health belief and knowledge between male and female highschool students", Korean Society of Biological Nursing Science, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 24-32, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2013.15.1.24 https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2013.15.1.24
- J. H. Kim, M. K. Park, "Study on the knowledge of cervical cancer and human papillomavirus and preventive behavior intention of Female University Students", Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 225-231, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.225
- Y. S. Eo, N. Y. Lee, J. S. Kim, "A study on the level health beliefs and knowledge about Human papillomavirus vaccination among health college students", Journal of Fisheries and Marine Science Medication, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 345-356, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.2.345 https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.2.345
- H. J. Chih, A. H Lee, L. C. Colin, W. Binns & X, Daniel, "A review of dietary prevention of human papillomavirus-related infection of the cervix and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia", Nutrition a and Cancer, Vol 65, No. 3, pp. 317-328, 2013. doi: 10.1080/01635581.2013.757630 https://doi.org/10.1080/01635581.2013.757630
- J. S. Kim, H. Y. Kang, "Mothers's knowledge, health beliefs and intentions to vaccination their daughters against human papillomavirus in Korea", Contemporary Nurse, Vol. 47, No. 1-2, pp. 97-107, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/10376178.2014.11081911
- H. W. Kim, H. Y. Ahn, "Study on the knowledge of human papillomavirus in female university students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 13-20, 2007.
- C. Y. Zenobia, T. S. Chan, K. K. Ng, M. L. Wong, "A systematic review of literature about women's knowledge and attitudes to ward human papillomavirus(HPV) vaccination", Public Health Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 441-489, 2012. doi:10.1111/j.1525-1446.2012.01022.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1446.2012.01022.x
- E. J. Lee, H. O. Kim, "Effects of human papillomavirus vaccination education on college women's knowledge, health belief, and preventive behavior intention", Journal of Korean Academic-Nursing, Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 715-723, 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.715 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.715
- J. M. Riedesel, S. L. Rosenthal, G. D. Zimet, D. I. Bernstein, B. Huang, D. Lan, J. A. Kahn, "Attitudes about human papillomavirus vaccine among family physicians", Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 391-398, 2005. doi:10.1016/j.jpag.2005.09.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2005.09.004
- C. H. Lenselink, C. E. Schmeink, W. J. G. Melchers, L. M. Bekkers, "Young adults and acceptance of the human papillomavirus vaccine", Public Health, Vol. 122, No. 12, pp. 1295-1301, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.puhe.2008.02.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2008.02.010
- S. E. Jo, S. W. Yoo, "A study on the effects of risk perception attitudes and subjective norm on the preventive behaviors of cervical cancer: Testing RPA framework on Korean college women", Journal of Public Relations, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 58-98, 2011. http://www.earticle.net/article.aspx?sn=231609 https://doi.org/10.15814/jpr.2011.15.1.58
- Factors Influencing HPV-related Infection Preventive Behavioral Intention among Female University Students vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.2.126