- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Verification of a Communication Method Secure against Attacks Using Convergence Hash Functions in Inter-vehicular Secure Communication
차량간 보안 통신에서 융합 해시함수를 이용하여 공격에 안전한 통신방법 검증
- Lee, Sang-Jun (Dept. of Automobile Digital Tuning, Ajou Motor College) ;
- Bae, Woo-Sik (Dept. of AIS Center, Ajou Motor College)
- Received : 2015.07.25
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The increase in applying IT to vehicles has given birth to smart cars or connected cars. As smarts cars become connected with external network systems, threats to communication security are on the rise. With simulation test results supporting such threats to Convergence security in vehicular communication, concerns are raised over relevant vulnerabilities, while an increasing number of studies on secure vehicular communication are published. Hacking attacks against vehicles are more dangerous than other types of hacking attempts because such attacks may threaten drivers' lives and cause social instability. This paper designed a Convergence security protocol for inter-vehicle and intra-vehicle communication using a hash function, nonce, public keys, time stamps and passwords. The proposed protocol was tested with a formal verification tool, Casper/FDR, and found secure and safe against external attacks.
- Atallah, R.F.,Khabbaz, M.J.,Assi, C.M., Vehicular networking: A survey on spectrum access technologies and persisting challenges. Vehicular Communications, Vol. 2, Issue. 3, pp. 125-149, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vehcom.2015.03.005
- Zhu, X., Lu, Y., Zhu, X., Qiu, S., Lightweight and scalable secure communication in VANET. International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 102, Issue. 5, pp. 765-780, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2014.938255
- Hoque, M.A.,Hong, X.,Dixon, B., Efficient multi-hop connectivity analysis in urban vehicular networks. Vehicular Communications, Vol. 1, Issue. 2, pp. 78-90, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vehcom.2014.04.002
- Aiash M, Mapp G, Lasebae A, Phan R., A survey on authentication and key agreement protocols in heterogeneous networks. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 199-214, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5121/ijnsa.2012.4413
- Keun-Ho Lee, A Security Threats in Wireless Charger Systems in M2M. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 27-31, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.1.027
- Seung-Hwan Kim, Keun-Ho Lee, User Authentication Risk and Countermeasure in Intelligent Vehicles. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 7-11, 2012.
- WooSik Bae, Inter-device Mutual authentication and Formal Verification in M2M Environment. The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 219-224, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.219
- Qi X., A new authenticated key agreement for session initiation protocol. International Journal of Communication Systems 2011; 25:47-54. DOI: 10.1002/dac.1286. https://doi.org/10.1002/dac.1286
- ISO 26262, Road vehicles - Functional safety, Management of functional safety & Concept phase
- Aiash M, Mapp G, Lasebae A, Phan R, Loo J., A formally verified AKA protocol for vertical handover in heterogeneous environments using Casper/FDR. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Vol. 57, pp. 1-23, 2012.
- M. S. Han, W. S. Bae, Security Verification of a Communication Authentication Protocol in Vehicular Security System. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 229-234, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.229
- W. S. Bae, Formal Verification of an RFID Authentication Protocol Based on Hash Function and Secret Code. Wireless Personal Communications An International Journal, Vol. 79, No. 4, pp. 2295-1609, 2014.
- G. Lowe. Casper: A compiler for the analysis of security protocols. User Manual and Tutorial. Version 1.12, 2009.
- Formal systems (Europe) Ltd.: Failures-Divergence Re finement. FDR2 User Manual, 2011.
- PRESERVE(PREparing SEcuRe VEhicle-to-X Communication Systems)Deliverable 1.1, Security Requirements of Vehicle Security Architecture, 2011.
- Weis, S. et al., Security and Privacy Aspects of Low-Cost Radio Frequency Identification Systems. Security in Pervasive Computing, Vol. 2802, pp. 201-212, 2003.