- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Convergence of CATV Networks for Ultra High Speed Internet Service
초고속 인터넷 서비스를 위한 CATV 망의 융복합 연구
- Park, Yong-Seo (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gachon University)
- 박용서 (가천대학교 전기공학과)
- Received : 2015.07.19
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The broadcasting communications service will accelerate its development with the convergence of broadcasting media and internet service. In the field of CATV network related technology, only those service providers will be able to survive in future, and they can combine available services in the most effective and economical way. This research aims to explain the CATV status of Korea and China and its technology trends. It also analyzes CMC(Cable Modem Concentrator) technology, suggested as one of the high-speed internet technology. CMC technology has the advantages of enhancing the transmission speed while using the existing basic structure of HFC network and expanding service area by adding amplifiers within CMC. The distance between coaxial cables is getting shorter with more concentrated areas in large cities in Korea. However, in China, the demand for long distance transmission service is increasing. CMC technology satisfies both short and long distance service subscribers without any geographical limitations. With these advantages, CMC technology is expected to generate lots of economic benefits if applied for the CATV network in the area of China, Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
CATV;CMC;HINOC;DOCSIS;Cable Modem;Convergence of broadcasting and communication
- Sun Jin Oh , "A Stream based Patching for True VoD", IJACT Vol.2 No.1, pp.14-19, pp.5-44, June 2014.
- H. E. Jeon, Y. K. Lee, "Trends of Broadcast. Communication Technology", Korea Communications Commission Report, 2007.
- Y. S. Choi, "Technology Trends of Digital TV Broadcasting Equipments and Issues on Domestic Industrialization" Next Generation DTV Broadcast Research Center at Yonsei University Report, 2013.
- H. H. Choi, J. H. Lee, M. W. Song, Y. L. Lee, "Overseas HD CATV Market and Technology", Korea Society of IT Services 2008 Autumn Conference, Nov. 19, pp.119-122, 2008.
- Sang-Hyun Lee, Byeong-Soo Jung, Kyung-Il Moon, "Quality of service management for intelligent systems", IJASC Vol.3 No.2, pp.18-21, Nov., 2014..
- DOI: http://www.ois.go.kr/portal/page?_pageid=93,721498&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&p_deps1=info&p_deps2=&oid=1131227132259271869
- H. C. Shin "Propulsion of 3 Networks Merge Policy and Cable Operator Unification", KISDI Vol.22, No. 18-494, pp.82-89,, 2010.
- Tomislav Kos, Branka Zovko-Cihlar, Songja Grgic, "New Services over CATV Network", EUROCON'2001, Vol.2, pp.442-445, IEEE, 2001.
- Michael J. Riezmann, "Bringing home the Internet"", IEEE Spectrum, March, 1999.
- Xiaoxin Cui, et al "A High Performance Baseband Transceiver IC for HiNOC Communication Systems", ICSICT, 10th IEEE International Conference, 2010.
- Doutje T. van Veen, et al "An analysis of the Technical and Economic Essentials for Providing Video over Fiber-to-the-Premises Networks"", Bell Labs Technical Journal 10(1), 181-200, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/bltj.20088
- DOI : http://www.cablelabs.com/wp-content/uploads/specdocs/CM-SP-OSSIv3.0-I20-121113.pdf
- Dai-boong Lee, Hyunchul Joo, and Hwangjun Song "An Effective Channel Control Algorithm for Integrated IPTV Services Over DOCSIS CATV Networks", IEEE Transactions on broadcasting, Vol.53, No.4, pp.789-796, December, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBC.2007.910919
- J. Park, S. J. Shin, H. K. You, "A Study on Development Plan, Comparison & Analysis of Digital CATV and IPTV", JIIBC, VOL. 8 No. 6, pp.179-178, 2008.
- Won-ill Kim ," An Efficient Echo Canceller for Digital IPTV Subscriber Line", IJIBC VOL.3, No.1. Feb., 2011.