- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Sales Prediction of Electronic Appliances using a Convergence Model based on Artificial Neural Network and Genetic Algorithm
인공신경망과 유전자 알고리즘 기반의 융합모델을 이용한 가전제품의 판매예측
- Seo, Kwang-Kyu (Dept. of Management Engineering, Sangmyung University)
- 서광규 (상명대학교 경영공학과)
- Received : 2015.07.13
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The brand and product awareness of Korean electronics companies in the North American market has grown significantly and North American consumers has been recognized as an innovative technology products good performance of Korean electronics appliances. The consumer need of energy saving has led to a rise in market share because Korean electronics appliances have the excellence in energy saving aspects. The expansion of smartphones and mobile devices and the development of smart grid technology can affect electronics market. Domestic companies are continuously develop new product to provide consumers convenient with a variety of additional features combined consumer products. This study proposes a convergence model for sales prediction of electronic appliances using sales data of A company from the North American market. We develop the convergence model for sales prediction based on based on artificial neural network and genetic algorithm. In addition, we validate the superiority of the proposed convergence model by comparing the prediction performance of traditional prediction models.
Artificial Neural Network;Genetic Algorithm;Convergence Model;Sales Prediction;Electronic Appliances
Supported by : 상명대학교
- C. -W. Chu, G. P. Zhang, A Comparative Study of Linear and Nonlinear Models for Aggregate Retail Sales Forecasting, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 86, No. 3, pp. 217-231, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5273(03)00068-9
- J. H. Park, K. -K. Seo, Approximate Life Cycle Assessment of Product Concepts using Multiple Regression Analysis and Artificial Neural Networks, KSME International Journal, Vol. 17, No. 12, pp 1969-1976, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02982436
- Z. Guoqiang, B. E. Patuwo, M.Y. Hu, Forecasting with artificial neural networks: The state of the art, International Journal of Forecasting, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 35-62, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2070(97)00044-7
- D. C. Park, M.A. El-Sharkawi, R.J. Marks, L.E. Atlas, Electric load forecasting using an artificial neural network, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 6, No.2. pp. 442-449, 1991.
- K. Iebeling, B. Milton, Designing a neural network for forecasting financial and economic time series, Neurocomputing, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 215-236, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0925-2312(95)00039-9
- J. -H. Lee, J. -S. Kim, H. -W. Jang, J. -C. Lee, Drought Forecasting Using the Multi Layer Perceptron (MLP) Artificial Neural Network Model, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 46, No. 12, pp. 1249-1263, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2013.46.12.1249
- D.E. Rumelhart, G.E. Hinton, R.J. Williams, Learning representations by back-propagating errors, Nature, Vol. 323, pp. 533-536, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1038/323533a0
- W. K. Yeo, Y. M. Seo, S. Y. Lee, H. K. Jee, Study on Water Stage Prediction Using Hybrid Model of ANN and GA, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 43, No. 8, pp. 721-731, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2010.43.8.721
- Z. Michalewicz, Genetic algorithms + data structures=evolution programs (3rd ed.), Springer-Verlag, 1996.
- D. T. Pham, G. Jin, Genetic algorithm using gradient-like reproduction operator, Electronics Letters, Vol. 31, No. 18, pp. 1558-1559, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:19951092
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic algorithms in search, optimization, and machine learning. Addison-Wesley, 1989.
- V. Maniezzo, Genetic evaluation of the topology and weight distribution of neural network, IEEE Transaction of Neural Network, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.39-53, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/72.265959
- M. Nasseri, K. Asghari, M.J. Abedini, Optimized scenario for rainfall forecasting using GA coupled with ANN, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 1415-1421, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.08.033
- K. -K. Seo, Development of a Sales Prediction Model of Electronic Appliances using Artificial Neural Networks, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 209-214, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.209
- K. -K. Seo, An Application of One-class Support Vector Machines in Content-based Image Retrieval, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 491-498, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2006.05.030