- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Knowledge Creation Structure of Big Data Research Domain
빅데이터 연구영역의 지식창출 구조
- Namn, Su-Hyeon (Department of Global IT Business, Hannam University)
- 남수현 (한남대학교 글로벌IT경영전공)
- Received : 2015.07.12
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
We investigate the underlying structure of big data research domain, which is diversified and complicated using bottom-up approach. For that purpose, we derive a set of articles by searching "big data" through the Korea Citation Index System provided by National Research Foundation of Korea. With some preprocessing on the author-provided keywords, we analyze bibliometric data such as author-provided keywords, publication year, author, and journal characteristics. From the analysis, we both identify major sub-domains of big data research area and discover the hidden issues which made big data complex. Major keywords identified include SOCIAL NETWORK ANALYSIS, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY/PROTECTION/PRIVATE INFORMATION, CLOUD COMPUTING, VISUALIZATION, and DATA MINING. We finally suggest missing research themes to make big data a sustainable management innovation and convergence medium.
Big Data;Convergence;Bottom-up Approach;Keyword Analysis;Bibliometric Data;Research Domain
- H. Chen, R. Chiang, and V. Storey, "Business Intelligence and Analytics: From Big Data to Big Impact", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 36, No. 4, pp. 1165-1188, 2012.
- M. Chen, S. Mao, and Y. Liu, "Big Data: A Survey", Mobile Networks and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 179-20, 2014.
- J. Choi, S. Yi, and K. Lee, "Analysis of keyword networks in MIS research and implications for predicting knowledge evolution", Information & Management, Vol. 48, pp. 371-381, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2011.09.004
- A. Hayashi, "Thriving in a Big Data World", Sloan Management Review, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 35-39, 2014.
- D. Kiron, P. Prentica, and R. Ferguson, "Raising the Bar With Analytics", Sloan Management Review, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 29-33. 2014.
- J. Lee, S. Han, and K. Kwon, "A Study on Korean legal research trend during the last 10 years based on keyword network analysis", Ajou Law Studies, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 519-539, 2015. https://doi.org/10.21589/ajlaw.2015.8.4.519
- V. Mayer-Schonberger and K. Cukier, "Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think", John Murray, 2013.
- A. McAfee and E. Brynjolfsson, "Bid Data: The Management Revolution", Harvard Business Review, Vol. 90, No. 10, pp 61-68, 2012.
- H. Mintzberg and F. Westley, "Decision making: It's not what you think", Sloan Management Review, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp 89-93, 2001.
- S. Namn and S, Seol, "Coauthorship Analysis of Innovation Studies in Korea: A Social Network Perspective", Korea Technology Innovation Studies, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp 605-628, 2007.
- S. Namn, J. Park, S. Seol, "Quantitative Analysis of Knowledge Flow - Technology Innovation Reserach in Korea", Korea Technology Innovation Studies, Vol. 8, No. Special Issue, pp 337-359, 2005.
- S. Namn and K. Noh, "A Study on the Effective Approaches to Big Data Planning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp 227-235, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.227
- W. Oh, J. Choi, and K. Kim, "Coauthorship Dynamics and Knowledge Capital: The Patterns of Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration in Information Systems Research", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp 265-292, 2006.
- Society of Digital Policy & Management,"Big Data Analytics for Business", WOW Pass, 2015.
- Society of Digital Policy & Management, "Big Data Analytics for Business", Kwangmoonkag, 2015.