- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Initial Adoption and Convergence of Accounting System under the K-IFRS by the Quasi-Government Entity : A Case of National Research Foundation of Korea
준정부기관의 한국채택국제회계기준(K-IFRS) 도입 및 회계시스템 융합과정의 주요 회계현안과 시사점 -한국연구재단 도입사례를 중심으로-
- Kim, Do-Hyeong (NRF(National Resear ch Foundation of Korea)) ;
- Oh, Kwang-Wuk (Dept. of Business and Economics, Korea University) ;
- Park, Sung-Jong (Dept. of Business Administration, Anyang University)
- Received : 2015.03.31
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The study introduces the case of initial adoption and convergence of accounting system under the K-IFRS by the quasi-government entity, the National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF). Followings are the methodology used in the study. (1) The study provides several accounting issues, their impact on the financial information of the NRF and implications about NRF's financial information in the course of convergence of accounting system under the K-IFRS. (2) As examples of accounting issues, the NRF reflected several accounting difference such as revaluation of fixed assets, economic useful life, depreciation method, reclassification of investment, representation of transfer revenue from the government, the timing of revenue recognition, and employ benefits, etc. As results of adjustments under the K-IFRS, the NRF decreased 1,109 billion of total assets and 1,064 billion of total liabilities. Also, increase in operating expenses results a slight decrease in net income, which may have an impact on future management evaluation of the NRF. A successful case of K-IFRS adoption by the NRF which brings deep insight on adoption and convergence of new accounting system to other quasi-government entity.
- J. I. Jang W. H. Kim K. A. Jeon D. G. Jung, Implications and Expected Effects of Adoption of IFRS by the State-Owned Enterorise, p23, Korea Institute of Public Finance, 2013.
- S. J. Sung, A Study on Improvement of Corporate Law System with Adoption of K-IFRS, p.3, Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2012.
- Understanding and Preparing IFRS, p.150, Financial Supervisory Service, 2009.
- Statement of Accounts 2013 (I): Public Enterprise, p7, Ministry of Strategy and Finance, 2014.
- Statement of Accounts 2013 (I): Quasi-government Entity, p11, Ministry of Strategy and Finance, 2014.
- J. O. Kim, Adoption of IFRS in KT&G Case, Korea Accounting Journal. Vol 19, pp.295-313, 2010.
- J. K. Chun Y. H. Kim S. C. Kim, A Case Study of Implementing IFRS: Lessons and Implications from the KEPCO Group. Korea Accounting Journal. Vol 19, pp.149-182, 2010.
- K. H. Pyo, A Case Study on Adoption Process and F/S Effects of IFRS in Energy Public Corporations, Sungkyunkwan University, 2012
- H.Y. Ma S. J. Park, A Case Study on the Adoption of K-IFRS: focusing on the Ground Radio Wave Broadcasting System Sector, Journal of Digital Convergence Vol 11, No 5, pp.135-144, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.5.135
- S. H. Jeong, The Effect of K-IFRS Implementation on the Financial Statements of Public Institutions, Government Accounting Research. Vol 11, No 2, pp.33-59, 2013.
- Y. H. Park S. H. Cho S. J. Park, A Case Study on Implementing K-IFRS: Lessons and Implications from the A public-sector, Korea Business Review Vol 17, pp.1-39, 2013.
- Analysis of Government Budget for FY 2015 (I), p.192, National Assembly Budget Office, 2014.
- FY 2013 Specialization Training Book for Quasi-government Entity, p18, p36, Ministry of Strategy and Finance, 2013.
- Handbook of Evaluation of Business Performance of Public Enterprise for FY 2013, p9, Ministry of Strategy and Finance, 2013.
- Evaluation Report 2013 of Business Performance of Public Enterprise, p42-46, Ministry of Strategy and Finance, 2014.
- S. H. Hong, Issues on Finance Statistics in Public Sector, Korea Institute of Public Finance Forum, Vol 208, p8-20, 2013.