- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Relationships among Self-Esteem, Satisfaction with Major, Career Identity and University life adjustment of University Students in the Department of Children's English Education
아동영어교육전공 대학생의 자아존중감, 전공만족도, 진로정체감 및 대학생활적응간의 관계
- Kim, Yun-Joo (Dept. of Children's English Education, Dongshin University) ;
- Kim, Yoon-Young (Dept. of Nur sing, Gwang Yang Health College) ;
- Lee, Song-Mi (Dept. of Children's English Education, Dongshin University)
- Received : 2015.07.21
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of this study is, targeting 88 students in the department of English education for Children, D University, to examine the relationships between self-esteem, major satisfaction, career identity, and university life adjustment. A survey was performed, and collected questionnaires were analyzed with IBM SPSS Statistics 22 using reliability analysis, factorial analysis, frequency analysis, descriptive statistics, t-test, variance analysis, correlation and multiple regression analysis. As a result of the analysis, self-esteem, career identity, major satisfaction and career identity had high correlations with university life adjustment, in order. Self-esteem (
Children's English Education;Self-Esteem;Major Satisfaction;Career Identity;University Life Adjustment;Convergence Education
- Korea Institute of Childcare and Education. (2014). Estimation Study on Children's Education and Childcare Expenses II.
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Kim, J. E. (2010). Relationship among Self-esteem, Subjective Happiness, and Educational Faith on Pre-service Early Childhood Teachers. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University.
- Lee, H. K. (2014). A study on the relationship between the self-esteem and the satisfaction with major of college students in the early childhood education", J. Young Child Studies, 17, 27-43.
- Holland, J. L., & Holland, J. E. (1977). Vocational indecision: More evidence and speculation. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 24(5), 404-414. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0220.127.116.114
- Lee, J. H. (2013). The Relationship Between Clusters of Career Identity and Career Resilience and the Career Maturation of College Students", J. leaner-centered curriculum and instruction, 13(2), 39-59.
- Kim, K. H., & Ha, H. S. (2000). A Study of Department Satisfaction Factors of Undergraduate Students. The Korean Journal of Counseling, 1(1), 7-20.
- Son, B. H., Kim, Y. M., & Jun, I. G. (2011). A Study on Nursing Students Job-esteem, Work Values, and Satisfaction of their Major. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing. 20(3), 240-249. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.3.240
- Baker, R. W., & Siryk, B. (1984). Measuring adjustment to college. Journal of Counselling Psychology, 31(1), 179-189. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-018.104.22.168
- Kim, H. W. (2005). The relationship between family system patterns and career decision-making and adjustment to college. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Kang, Y. S., & Hwang, S. (2013). Correlation of Self-esteem, Major satisfaction and Career motivation in College Nursing Students. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 14(7), 3301-3309. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3301
- Cho, I. Y. (2014). The Relationship of Career Identity, Major Satisfaction and College Adaptation of Nursing Freshmen. J. Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 15(5), 2937-2945. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.2937
- Coopersmith, S. (1967). The antecedents of selfesteem. Consulting Psychologists Press.
- Kang, J. K. (1986) Effects of self-concept, career maturity and school achievement upon occupational status aspiration. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University.
- Holland, J. L., Daiger, D. C., & Power, P. G. (1980). My vocational situation. Palo Alto, CA : Consulting Psycology Press.
- Kim, B. H. (1997). Career decision level and career preparation behavior of the college students. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University.
- Kwon, Y. H., & C. N. Kim. (2002). Effect of a ready planned self growth program through MBTI on interpersonal relationships and the career identity of nursing college students. Journal of Korean Community Nursing, 13(2), 216-229.
- Lee, D. J. (2004). The relationships among satisfaction in major, gender identity, and gender stereotypes of male nursing students. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University.
- Hyun, J. W. (1992). The effect of perfectionism and evaluative threat on the performance of task. Unpublished Master's thesis, Yon-sei University.
- Kim, N. K. (2012). Patterns of Career Choice and Career Identity of Students in Nursing. Unpublished master's thesis, Aju National University.
- Kim, M. H. & Yu, Y. O. (2012). Actual Practices of Young Children's English Education Method and English Teacher in Kindergartens and Day care centers. The Journal of Child Education, 21(4), 153-168.
- Ha, H. S. (2000). A study of department satisfaction and school satisfaction of undergraduate students. Unpublished master's Thesis, Seoul National University.
- Factors Influencing the Career Preparation Behavior of Nursing Students vol.22, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.4.344