- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Self-directed Learning Ability and Motivation on Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Convergence Blended Learning Environment
융복합 블렌디드 러닝 환경에서 간호대학생의 자기주도학습력, 학습동기가 학습만족도에 미치는 영향
- Seo, Nam-Sook (Dept. of Nursing Science, Dongshin University) ;
- Woo, Sang-Jun (Dept. of Nursing Science, Dongshin University) ;
- Ha, Yun-Ju (Dept. of Nursing Science, Honam University)
- Received : 2015.07.07
- Accepted : 2015.09.20
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of this research was to investigate factors influencing learning outcomes and effects of self-directed learning ability and motivation on learning satisfaction of nursing students in blended learning environment. A survey was used, and the subjects were 140 undergraduate students participated in Adult Nursing lesson at D University. Data collected from 9 to 14 June, 2014. There were no significant differences among general characteristics. Self-directed learning ability and learning satisfaction had significant correlations with each other (r=.25, p=.003). Self-directed learning ability was significantly associated with learning satisfaction, explaining 22.1% of the variance (F=20.74, p<.001). The results suggest that further research is needed to consider self-directed learning ability of students and to test the advantages of blended learning in developing contents in blended learning.
- The National Institute of the Korean Language, Study Reference Information [Ienternet]. [cited 2014 December 21], Available From: http://www.korean.go.kr/(accessed March, 23, 2015).
- S. J. Choi, A study on the factors to Increase the usage of e-learning in class-based education: social, technological, and personal factors, The Journal of Information Systems, Vol.17, No.4, pp.233-260, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5859/KAIS.2008.17.4.233
- J. H. Ryu, A study of learner satisfaction and achievement on web-based learning environment in high educaiton, The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol.13, No.3, pp.189-208, 2007.
- J. J. Woo, B. N. Kim, O. H. Lee, "A study on the blended learning as an alternative of face-to-face learning in university", The Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.7, No.2, pp.219-225, 2009.
- Y. H. Ghang, A study on factors that affect learner satisfactin and academic achievement of e-learning, Unpublished master's thesis, Sejong University, 2004.
- J. S. Kim, The determinants of university students' satisfaction and performance in e-learning environment, Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, 2008.
- S. I. Park, S. E. Lee, J. E. Song, Major factors influencing effective on/offline learning on the blended learning in higher education, The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol.5, No.1, pp.17-45, 2007.
- M. Y. Kim, K. S. Ahn, W. S. Choi, The comparison of the learning achievement and learning satisfaction between in the blended class and online class and offline class, The Journal of Korean Industrial Educaiton Association, Vol.30, No.1, pp.106-119, 2005.
- J. H. Leem, Effects of blending type of online-offline and reflective activity on self-regulated learning and learning achievements in higher education course based on blended learning, The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol.13, No.4, pp.49-76, 2007.
- H. S. Jung, Effects of self-directedness, task value, and learning types on learner satisfaction and achievement, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha University, 2004.
- Y. S. You, The effect of self-directed learning ability and motivation on performance in distance learning, Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju University, 2006.
- J. Y. Han, E. H. Lee, Learner's perception and learning satisfaction on e-learning in the university blended learning environment, The Journal of Korean Association of computer education, Vol.13, No.6, pp.69-77, 2010.
- J. Y. Han, The effects of intrinsic motivation, and e-learning strategies on learning satisfation of nursing students in blended e-learning environment, The Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education, Vol.19, No.1, pp.16-23, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.16
- L. M. Guglielmino, Development of the self-directed learning readiness scale, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Georgia University, 1977.
- K. O. Yoo, J. W. Cheong, Demographic and socio-psychological variables to adults' self-direction in learning, Korean Journal of Adult & Continuing Education, Vol.4, No.1, pp.119-150, 1998.
- E. M. Lim, Relationships between academic motivation, parental behavior, and academic achievement, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul national University, 1998.
- J. M. Kell, Strategies for stimulating the motivation to learn, Performance & Instruction, Vol.26, No.8, pp.1-7, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1002/pfi.4160260802
- J. I. Choi, J. S. Choi, The effects of learning plans and time management strategies on college students' self-regulated learning and academic achievement in e-learning, Journal of Educational Studies, Vol.43, No.4, pp.221-244, 2012.
- Y. J. Joo, N. Y. Kim, H. K. Cho, Relationship between self-efficacy, online task value and self-regulated learning, and satisfaction and achievement in cyber education, The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol.14, No.3, pp.115-135, 2008.
- E. S. Park, A development of a blended learning model: focusing on R2D2 model and learning style", The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol.14, No.4, pp.85-110, 2008.
- S. J. Han, The impact of TBL(team-based learning) on nursing students, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.11, No.11, pp.595-602, 2013.
- M. S. Kang, J. I. Kim, I. W. Park, The examination of the variables related to the students' e-learning participation the have an effect on learning achievement in e-learning environment of cyber university, The Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol.10, No.5, pp.135-143, 2009.
- M. Y. Kim, E-learning strategies affecting the levels of participation, achievement and satisfaction in the university blended learning environment, The Journal of Korean Association of computer education, Vol.10, No.4, pp.93-102, 2007.
- M. Shon, H. H. Chung, An analysis on the learning hindrance factors in blended-learning environment, The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol.13, No.2, pp.251-276, 2007.
- G. Heo, A study on the structural equation model for students' satisfaction in the blended learning environment, Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol.10, No.1, pp.135-143, 2008.
- Effectiveness of Self-directed Learning on Competency in Physical Assessment, Academic Self-confidence and Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students vol.24, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2017.24.3.181