- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Test and simulation of High-Tc superconducting power charging system for solar energy application
- Jeon, Haeryong (Yonsei University) ;
- Park, Young Gun (Yonsei University) ;
- Lee, Jeyull (Yonsei University) ;
- Yoon, Yong Soo (Shin Ansan University) ;
- Chung, Yoon Do (Suwon Science College) ;
- Ko, Tae Kuk (Yonsei University)
- Received : 2015.08.07
- Accepted : 2015.09.21
- Published : 2015.09.30
This paper deals with high-Tc superconducting (HTS) power charging system with GdBCO magnet, photo-voltaic (PV) controller, and solar panels to charge solar energy. When combining the HTS magnet and the solar energy charging system, additional power source is not required therefore it is possible to obtain high power efficiency. Since there is no resistance in superconducting magnet carrying DC transport current the energy losses caused by joule heating can be reduced. In this paper, the charging characteristics of HTS power charging system was simulated by using PSIM. The charging current of HTS superconducting power charging system is measured and compared with the simulation results. Using the simulation of HTS power charging system, it can be applied to the solar energy applications.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Dong-Jin Choi, "Comparison Researches for Installation of the Module Angles and Array Spacing on Photovoltaic Power System," KIIEE, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 162-168, 2009.
- Y. Do Chung, D. W. Kim, H. C. Jo, Y. S. Yoon, H. K. Kim, and T. K. Ko, "Fundamental performance of novel power supply for HTS magnet using solar energy system," Cryogenics, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 220-224, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cryogenics.2010.12.004
- Dae Wook Kim, Yoon Do Chung, Hyun Chul Jo, Yong Soo Yoon, Hyun Ki Kim, Tae Kuk Ko, "Fabrication and Test of HTS Flux Pump Combined with Solar Energy System," Progress in Superconductivity and Cryogenics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 22-26, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9714/psac.2011.13.1.022
- Dae Wook Kim, Yong Soo Yoon, Yoon Do Chung, Hyun Chul Jo, Ho Min Kim, Tae Jung Kim, Jae Gi Oh, Tae Kuk Ko, "Characteristic Analysis of HTS Magnet Charging System Combined with PV System Using MPPT Control," Progress in Superconductivity and Cryogenics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 8-13, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9714/psac.2012.14.1.008
- H. C. Jo, Y. G. Park, Y. Do Chung, H. M. Kim, T. K. Ko, and Y. S. Yoon, "Design and Test of a High-Tc Superconducting Power Conversion System With the GdBCO Magnet," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1-5, 2014.
- Y. S. Yoon, H. C. Jo, Y. G. Park, J. Lee, K. Y. Yoon, H. Kim, Y. Do Chung, Y. Chu, and T. K. Ko, "Analysis of a High-Tc Superconducting Power Converting System," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 2-5, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2015.2481500
- Y. S. Yoon, H. M. Kim, M. Joo, D. K. Bae, M. C. Ahn, and T. K. Ko, "Characteristics analysis of a high-Tc superconducting power supply considering flux creep effect," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1918-1923, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2006.873997