- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of Mucor mucedo immobilized to corncob in remediation of pyrene contaminated agricultural soil
- Hou, Wei (College of Environmental Science, Liaoning University) ;
- Zhang, Le (College of Environmental Science, Liaoning University) ;
- Li, Xiaojun (Key Laboratory of Pollution Ecology and Environmental Engineering, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences) ;
- Gong, Zongqiang (Key Laboratory of Pollution Ecology and Environmental Engineering, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences) ;
- Yang, Yongwei (College of Environmental Science, Liaoning University) ;
- Li, Zhi (College of Environmental Science, Liaoning University)
- Received : 2015.01.30
- Accepted : 2015.04.01
- Published : 2015.06.30
In recent years, immobilization agents were introduced into organic contaminated soil remediation and more and more materials were screened and used as the immobilizing carrier. However, effect of the decomposition of the immobilizing carrier on the bioremediation was rarely concerned. Therefore, the decomposition experiment of immobilizing carrier -corncob was carried out in the lab with the efficient degradation fungi - Mucor mucedo (MU) existing, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) residues E4/E6 of the dissolved organic matter and microbial diversity during the decomposition process were studied. The results showed that: a) during the decomposition, the degradation of pyrene (Pyr) was mainly in the first 28 d in which the content of extractable Pyr decreased rapidly and the highest decrease was in the treatment with only MU added. b) Anslysis of E4/E6 changes showed that rich microorganisms could promote aromatization and condensation of humus. c) From the diversity index analysis it can also be seen that there is no significant difference in effects of PAHs on the uniformity of microorganisms. These results will not only be useful to have a better understanding of the bioavailability of contaminants adsorbed to biodegradable carriers in PAHs contaminated soil remediation, but also be helpful to perfect the principle of immobilized microbial technique.
Immobilizing carrier;Microbial diversity;Mucor mucedo (MU);Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) degradation
Supported by : NSFC (Natural Science Foundation of China)
- Bouchard DC, Wood AL, Campbell ML, Nkedi-Kizza P, Rao PS. Sorption nonequilibrium during solute transport. J. contam. Hydrol. 1998;2:209-223.
- Fismes J, Perrin-Ganier C, Empereur-Bissonnet P, Morel JL. Soil-to-root transfer and translocation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by vegetables grown on industrial contaminated soils. J. Environ. Qual. 2002;31:1649-1656. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq2002.1649
- Gan S, Lau EV, Ng HK. Remediation of soils contaminated with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). J. Hazard. Mater. 2009;172:532-549. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2009.07.118
- Teng Y, Luo Y, Sun M, Liu Z, Li Z, Christie P. Effect of bioaugmentation by Paracoccus sp strain HPD-2 on the soil microbial community and removal of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from an aged contaminated soil. Bioresour. Technol. 2010;101:3437-3443. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2009.12.088
- Murray MR, Hall JK. Sorption-desorption of dicamba and 3, 6-dichlorosalicylic acid in soils. J. Environ. Qual. 1989;18:51-57.
- Li P, Li H, Stagnitti F, et al. Biodegradation of pyrene and phenanthrene in soil using immobilized fungi Fusarium sp. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 2005;75:443-450. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-005-0773-1
- Su D, Li PJ, Xin W. Immobilization of combined bacteria and its degradation of pyrene and benzo[a]pyrene in contaminated soil. J. Liaoning Technical Univ. 2007;26:461-463.
- Wang X, Li PJ, Song S, Verkhozina VA. Degradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soils by Immobilized Microorganism. J. Northeastern Univ. 2006;27:1154-1156.
- Li P, Wang X, Stagnitti F, et al. Degradation of phenanthrene and pyrene in soil slurry reactors with immobilized bacteria Zoogloea sp. Environ. Eng. Sci. 2005;22:390-395. https://doi.org/10.1089/ees.2005.22.390
- Gentili AR, Cubitto MA, Ferrero MA, Rodriguez MS. Bioremediation of crude oil polluted seawater by a hydrocarbon degrading bacterial strain immobilized on chitin and chitosan flakes. Int. Biodeterior. Biodegradation 2006;57:222-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibiod.2006.02.009
- Mohammadi A, Nasernejad B. Enzymatic degradation of anthracene by the white rot fungus Phanerochaete chrysosporium immobilized on sugarcane bagasse. J. Hazard. Mater. 2009;161: 534-537. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.03.132
- Su D, Li PJ, Stagnitti F, Xiong XZ. Biodegradation of benzo[ a]pyrene in soil by Mucor sp. SF06 and Bacillus sp. SB02 co-immobilized on vermiculite. J. Environ. Sci. 2006;18: 1204-1209. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(06)60063-6
- Dzul-puc JD, Esparza-garcia F, Barajas-aceves M, Rodriguez-Vazquez R. Benzo[a]pyrene removal from soil by Phanerochaete chrysosporium grown on sugarcane bagasse and pine sawdust. Chemosphere 2005;58:1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2004.08.089
- Li XJ. Study on environmental behavior of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soil aging sewage irrigation [dissertation]. Shenyang: China science Shenyang institute of applied ecology institute; 2007.
- Covino S, Svobodova K, Cvancarova M, et al. Inoculum carrier and contaminant bioavailability affect fungal degradation performances of PAH-contaminated solid matrices from a wood preservation plant. Chemosphere 2010;79:855-864. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2010.02.038
- Covino S, Cvancarova M, Muzikar M, et al. An efficient PAH-degrading Lentinus (Panus) tigrinus strain: Effect of inoculum formulation and pollutant bioavailability in solid matrices. J. Hazard. Mater. 2010;183:669-676. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2010.07.078
- Li X, Li P, Lin X, Zhang C, Li Q, Gong ZQ. Biodegradation of aged polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) by microbial consortia in soil and slurry phases. J. Hazard. Mater. 2008;150: 21-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2007.04.040
- Wang S, Li X, Liu W, et al. Degradation of pyrene by immobilized microorganisms in saline-alkaline soil. J. Environ. Sci. 2012;24: 1662-1669. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(11)60963-7
- Yufang S, Ziqing O, Tieheng S, Yediler A, Lorinci G, Kettrup A. Analytical method of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in soil and plant samples. Chinese J. Appl. Ecol. 1995;6:92-96.
Dong D, Li P, Li X, Zhao Q, Zhang Y, Jia C, Li P. Investigation on the photocatalytic degradation of pyrene on soil surfaces using nanometer anatase
$TiO_2$under UV irradiation. J. Hazard. Mater. 2010;174:859-863. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2009.09.132
- Campitelli P, Ceppi S. Effects of composting technologies on the chemical and physicochemical properties of humic acids. Geoderma 2008;144:325-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2007.12.003
- Wallage ZE, Holden J, McDonald AT. Drain blocking: An effective treatment for reducing dissolved organic carbon loss and water discolouration in a drained peatland. Sci. Total Environ. 2006;367:811-821. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2006.02.010
- Long GQ, Jiang YJ, Sun B. Seasonal and inter-annual variation of leaching of dissolved organic carbon and nitrogen under long-term manure application in an acidic clay soil in subtropical China. Soil Till. Res. 2015;146:270-278. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2014.09.020
- Su Z, Wang J, Li X., Li X, Zhang H, Li P. The effect of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon contamination on distribution of the Sphingomonas community in the Shenfu irrigation area of Northeast China. Ann. Microbiol. 2013;63:1005-1012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13213-012-0554-0
- Chen XN, Lai HX, Tian XH, Wang XD. Dynamics of organic fractions of cow manure plus wheat straw during decomposition with microbial inoculation. J. Agro-environ. Sci. 2009;28:2417-2421.
- Marschner B, Winkler R, Jodemann D. Factors controlling the partitioning of pyrene to dissolved organic matter extracted from different soils. Eur. J. Soil Sci. 2005;56:299-306.
- Tang D, Wu J, Chen H, Zhou J. Effect of dissolved organic matter on the sorption and desorption behavior of pyrene in soil. Acta scientiae circumstantiae 2010;30:814-819.
- Tang DM. The dynamic change of dissolved organic matter and its effects on the sorption-desorption of organic pollutants [dissertation]. Sichuan: Sichuan agricultural Univ.; 2008.
- Cheng KY, Lai KM, Wong JWC. Effects of pig manure compost and nonionic-surfactant Tween 80 on phenanthrene and pyrene removal from soil vegetated with Agropyron elongatum. Chemosphere 2008;73:791-797. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2008.06.005
- Xiao YJ. Fractionation of dissolved organic matter during the decaying process of rice straw and it environmental significance [dissertation]. Sichuan: Sichuan agricultural Univ.; 2009.
- Process optimization of benzo[ghi]perylene biodegradation by yeast consortium in presence of ZnO nanoparticles and produced biosurfactant using Box-Behnken design pp.1674-7992, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11515-018-1523-1