- Volume 24 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
An Estimation of Extreme Wind Speed of Typhoon Affecting the Damage of Public and Industrial Facilities
공공 및 산업시설 피해에 영향을 미치는 태풍의 최대풍속 도출
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.09.11
- Published : 2015.09.30
There were 35 typhoons affecting Korean Peninsula from 1999 to 2009(The average annual number of typhoon is 3.18). Among these typhoons, the number of typhoon passing through the Yellow sea, the Southern sea and the East sea were 14, 6 and 15 respectively. Wind speed on the height of 10 m can be finally estimated using the surface roughness after we calculate wind speed on the height of 300 m from the data on the surface of 700 hPa. From the wind speeds on the height of 10 m, we can understand the regional distributions of strong wind speed are very different according to the typhoon tracks. Wind speed range showing the highest frequency is 10~20 m/s(45.69%), below 10 m/s(30.72%) and 20~30 m/s(17.31%) in high order. From the analysis of the wind speed on the hight of 80 m, we can know the number of occurrence of wind speed between 50 and 60 m/s that can affect wind power generation are 104(0.57%) and those of between 60 and 70 m/s that can be considered as extreme wind speed are even 8(0.04%).
Extreme wind;Typhoon;Wind power;Damage
- Lee, B. H., Kim, H. G., Ha, Y. C., 2011, An estimation of wind speeds for return period in Jeju island for investigating wind scale of wind turbines, Journal of the Wind Engineering Institute of Korea, 15(2), 37-44.
- Florida Department of Financial Services, 2005, Florida public hurricane loss projection model, Engineering team final report volume I-III. Florida, Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Franklin, J. L., Black, M. L., Valde, K., 2003, GPS Dropwindsonde wind profiles in hurricanes and their operational implications, Journal of Weather and Forecasting, 18, 32-44. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0434(2003)018<0032:GDWPIH>2.0.CO;2
- IPCC(Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), 2007, The physical science basis. Contribution of wrking group I to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, Cambridge university press.
- Jung, W. S., Park, J. K., Choi, H. J., 2010, An estimation of amount of damage using the 3-second gust when the typhoon attack. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 19, 353-363. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2010.19.3.353
- Kim, A. R., 2012, The reason why the damage of this year was low even though they were four typhoon. The Financial News, September 30.
- Kim, B. J., Lee, S. L., Kim, H. K., 2006, On the characteristics of the damage and occurrence of high winds in Korea. Magazine of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, 18, 79-86.
- Moon, I. J., Sim, J. S., Lim, K. C., 2010, A study on the intensity variation of typhoons that made landfall over the Korean peninsula using the Ieodo ocean research station. Ieodo Journal, 2, 189-199.
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Choi, H. J., 2008, The study on the strong wind damage prediction for estimation surface wind speed of typhoon season(I). Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 17, 195-201. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.2.195
- Park, J. K., Kim, B. S., Jung, W. S., 2006, Change in statistical characteristics of typhoon affecting the Korean peninsula. Atmosphere, 16, 1-17.
- Forecasting the Low-Voltage Line Damage Caused by Typhoons in China Based on the Factor Analysis Method and an Improved Gravitational Search Algorithm-Extreme Learning Machine vol.11, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11092321
- Building Baseline Data for a Typhoon Protection System via Calculation of the Extreme Wind Speed During a Typhoon vol.27, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2018.27.3.203
Supported by : 기상청