- Volume 35 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study for Flexural Failure Behavior of Composite Beam with Cast-in-place High Strength Concrete and GFRP Plank Using As a Permanent Formwork and Tensile Reinforcement
유리섬유강화폴리머 판을 영구거푸집 및 인장 보강재로 활용한 현장타설 고강도콘크리트 합성보의 휨 파괴거동에 관한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2015.01.28
- Accepted : 2015.08.11
- Published : 2015.10.01
An experiment of composite beam was performed which utilized glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP) plank as the permanent formwork with cast-in-place high strength concrete. This research analyzed the flexural failure behavior of composite beam by setting the sand coated at GFRP bottom surface, the perforation and interval of the GFRP plank web, and the width of the top flange as the experimental variables. As a result of the experiments for effectiveness of sand attachment in case of not perforated web, approximately 43% higher ultimate load value was obtained when the sand was coated than not coated case. For effectiveness of perforation and interval of gap, approximately 23% higher maximum load value was seen when interval of the perforation gap was 3 times and the fine aggregate was not coated, and approximately 11% higher value was observed when the perforation gap was 5 times on the coated specimen. For effectiveness of top flange breadth, the ultimate load value was approximately 12% higher in case of 20mm than 40mm width.
GFRP plank;Composite beam;Permanent formwork;Tensile reinforcement;Perforated web
- Bank, L. C. (2006). Composites for construction: Structural design with FRP materials, John Wiely & Sons, NJ, USA.
- Bank, L. C., Oliva, M. G., Bae, H. U., Barker, J. and Yoo, S. W. (2006). "Test of pultruded FRP plank as formwork and reinforcement for concrete structures." COMPOSITES 2006 Convention and Trade Show, American Composites Manufacturers Association, USA, October 18-20, pp. 1-8.
- Cheng, L., Zhao, L. M., Karbhari, V., Hegemier, G. A. and Seible, F. (2005). "Assessment of a steel-free fiber reinforced polymer-composite modular bridge system." Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 131, No. 3, pp. 498-506. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2005)131:3(498)
- Cho, J. R., Park, S. Y., Cho, K. H., Kim, S. T. and Kim, B. S. (2012). "Pull-out test and discrete spring model of fibre-reinforced polymer perfobond rib shear connector." Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 12, pp. 1311-1320. https://doi.org/10.1139/cjce-2011-0573
- Cho, K. H., Park, S. Y., Cho, J. R. and Kim, B. S. (2007). "Structural systems and behavioral characteristics of an innovative FRP-concrete composite deck." Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 347-357 (in Korean).
- Erki, M. (1999). "Fiber-reinforced polymers for structural engineering in Canada." Structural Eng, International, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 278-280. https://doi.org/10.2749/101686699780481691
- Fukuyama, H., Matsuzaki, Y., Sato, Y., Iso, M. and Suwada, H. (2000). "Structural performance of engineered cementitious composite elements." Proceeding of 6th ASCCS Conference, pp. 969-976.
- Jeong, J. W., Park, K. T., Lee, Y. H. and Hwang, Y. K. (2007). "A comparison of the structural performance for GFRP bridge decks applied to vinyl ester and polyester resins." Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 479-484 (in Korean).
- Kim, Y. B. and Lee, J. H. (2005). "Simplified analytical model for flexural response of fiber reinforced plastic decks." Journal of the Korean Association for Shell and Spatial Structures, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 65-74 (in Korean).
- Tang, B. and Podolny, W. and Hooks, J. (1999). "A good start for fiber-reinforced polymer composite material bridges." American Society of Civil Engineers, Materials Engineering Congress, pp. 324-331.
- Yong, H. S., Hwang, Y. K., Kyung, K. S. and Park, Y. C. (2006). "A study of static behavior of FRP bridge deck concerning connection condition." Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 597-604 (in Korean).
- Yoo, S. W., Bae H. U., Oliva, M. and Bank, L. (2007). "Experimental study of concrete beam with FRP plank as formwork and rein-forcement." Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, KCI, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 67-74 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.1.067
- Zureick, A. H., Shih, B. and Munley, E. (1995). "Fiber-reinforced polymeric bridge decks." Structural Engineering, SCI, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 257-266.
Supported by : 한국연구재단