- Volume 16 Issue 14
DOI QR Code
A Promising Serum Autoantibody Marker, Anti-Heat Shock Protein 90α, for Cholangiocarcinoma
- Boonjaraspinyo, Sirintip (Department of Community Medicine, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center) ;
- Juasook, Amornrat (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mahasarakham University) ;
- Boonmars, Thidarut (Neglected and Vector Borne-Zoonosis Research Group, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center) ;
- Aukkanimart, Ratchadawan (Neglected and Vector Borne-Zoonosis Research Group, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center) ;
- Silsirivanit, Atit (Neglected and Vector Borne-Zoonosis Research Group, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center) ;
- Loilome, Watcharin (Neglected and Vector Borne-Zoonosis Research Group, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center) ;
- Sriraj, Pranee (Neglected and Vector Borne-Zoonosis Research Group, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center) ;
- Wu, Zhiliang (Department of Parasitology, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University) ;
- Ratanasuwan, Panaratana (Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University)
- Published : 2015.09.02
The present study was designed to investigate cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) antibodies in hamster serum. Hamster CCA cell lines were processed using sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry. A candidate biomarker was confirmed by immunoprecipitation and western blot, and was further analyzed using ELISA and sera from normal control hamsters, hamsters with opisthorchiasis and hamsters with various stages of CCA, as well as from CCA patients and healthy individuals. One candidate marker was identified as
- Boonjaraspinyo S, Boonmars T, Kaewkes S, et al (2012a). Down-regulated expression of HSP70 in correlation with clinicopathology of cholangiocarcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res, 18, 227-37. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12253-011-9432-5
- Boonjaraspinyo S, Boonmars T, Wu Z, et al (2012b). Plateletderived growth factor may be a potential diagnostic and prognostic marker for cholangiocarcinoma. Tumour Biol, 33, 1785-802. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13277-012-0438-8
- Boonmars T, Wu Z, Boonjaruspinyo S, et al (2011). Involvement of c-Ski oncoprotein in carcinogenesis of cholangiocacinoma induced by Opisthorchis viverrini and N-nitrosodimethylamine. Pathol Oncol Res, 17, 219-27. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12253-010-9300-8
- Drecoll E, Nitsche U, Bauer K, et al (2014). Expression analysis of heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) and Her2 in colon carcinoma. Int J Colorectal Dis, 29, 663-71. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-014-1857-3
- Friman S (2011). Cholangiocarcinoma-current treatment options. Scand J Surg, 100, 30-4.
- Hong DS, Banerji U, Tavana B, et al (2013). Targeting the molecular chaperone heat shock protein 90 (HSP90): lessons learned and future directions. Cancer Treat Rev, 39, 375-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctrv.2012.10.001
- IARC (2011). Opisthorchis viverrini and Clonorchis sinensis IARC. Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum, 100, 347-76.
- Jego G, Hazoume A, Seigneuric R, et al (2013). Targeting heat shock proteins in cancer. Cancer Lett, 332, 275-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canlet.2010.10.014
- Juasook A, Aukkanimart R, Boonmars T, et al (2013). Tumorrelated gene changes in immunosuppressive Syrian hamster cholangiocarcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res, 19, 785-94. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12253-013-9645-x
- Khalil AA, Kabapy NF, Deraz SF, et al (2011). Heat shock proteins in oncology: diagnostic biomarkers or therapeutic targets? Biochim Biophys Acta, 1816, 89-104.
- Khan SA, Davidson BR, Goldin RD, et al (2012). Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of cholangiocarcinoma: an update. Gut, 61, 1657-69. https://doi.org/10.1136/gutjnl-2011-301748
- Kim JY, Yenari MA (2013). The immune modulating properties of the heat shock proteins after brain injury. Anat Cell Biol, 46, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.5115/acb.2013.46.1.1
- Li W, Sahu D, Tsen F (2012). Secreted heat shock protein-90 (Hsp90) in wound healing and cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1823, 730-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbamcr.2011.09.009
- Messaoudi S, Peyrat JF, Brion JD, et al (2011). Heat-shock protein 90 inhibitors as antitumor agents: a survey of the literature from 2005 to 2010. Expert Opin Ther Pat, 21, 1501-42. https://doi.org/10.1517/13543776.2011.594041
- Patel HJ, Modi S, Chiosis G, et al (2011). Advances in the discovery and development of heat-shock protein 90 inhibitors for cancer treatment. Expert Opin Drug Discov, 6, 559-87. https://doi.org/10.1517/17460441.2011.563296
- Ruys AT, van Haelst S, Busch OR, et al (2012). Long-term survival in hilar cholangiocarcinoma also possible in unresectable patients. World J Surg, 36, 2179-86. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-012-1638-5
- Schiffman SC, Reuter NP, McMasters KM, et al (2011). Overall survival peri-hilar cholangiocarcinoma: R1 resection with curative intent compared to primary endoscopic therapy. J Surg Oncol, [Epub ahead of print].
- Sithithaworn P, Yongvanit P, Duenngai K, et al (2014). Roles of liver fluke infection as risk factor for cholangiocarcinoma. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci, 21, 301-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/jhbp.62
- Tomcik M, Zerr P, Pitkowski J, et al (2014). Heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) inhibition targets canonical TGF-beta signalling to prevent fibrosis. Ann Rheum Dis, 73, 1215-22.