- Volume 16 Issue 14
Pancreatic cancer is a fatal malignancies which is predominantly seen in men and at advanced age (40-85 years) and has an aggressive course. Its frequency is gradually increasing over the past years. It accounts for 2% of all cancers and 5% of cancer-related deaths. Pancreatic cancer takes the first place among asymptomatic cancers. Ninety percent of cases are adenocarcinomas. Ten percent of the patients have a familial disposition. The disease is very difficult to detect as it has no early signs and spreads rapidly to surrounding organs is one of the most deadly types of cancer. Pancreatic cancer may result from hereditary germline or somatic acquired mutations in cancer-related genes and mutations also cause cancer progression and metastasis.
- Avila JL, Kissil JL (2013). Notch signaling in pancreatic cancer: oncogene or tumor suppressor? Trends Mol Med, 19, 320-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molmed.2013.03.003
- Bardou M, Le Ray I (2013). Treatment of pancreatic cancer: A narrative review of cost-effectiveness studies. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol, 27, 881-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpg.2013.09.006
- Cote GA, Smith J, Sherman S, Kelly K (2013). Technologies for imaging the normal and diseased pancreas. Gastroenterology, 144, 1262-71 https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2013.01.076
- Fang T, Yao Q, Chen Z, Xiang J, et al (2013). Genetic and molecular alterations in pancreatic cancer: implications for personalized medicine. Med Sci Monit, 31, 916-26.
- Gnoni A, Licchetta A, Scarpa A, Azzariti A, et al (2013). Carcinogenesis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: precursor lesions. Int J Mol Sci, 30, 19731-62.
- Hackert T, Buchler MW (2013). Pancreatic cancer: advances in treatment, results and limitations. Dig Dis, 31, 51-6. https://doi.org/10.1159/000347178
- Hezel AF, Kimmelman AC, Stanger BZ, et al (2006). Genetics and biology of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Genes Dev, 15, 1218-49.
- Jamieson NB, Morran DC, Morton JP, et al (2012). MicroRNA molecular profiles associated with diagnosis, clinicopathologic criteria, and overall survival in patients with resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res, 15, 534-45.
- Kaur S, Baine MJ, Jain M, Sasson AR, et al (2012). Early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer: challenges and new developments. Biomark Med, 6, 597-612. https://doi.org/10.2217/bmm.12.69
- Lee MX, Saif MW (2009). Screening for early pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: an urgent call! JOP, 9, 104-8.
- Munroe CA, Fehmi SM, Savides TJ (2013). Endoscopic ultrasound in the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. Expert Opin Med Diagn, 7, 25-35. https://doi.org/10.1517/17530059.2012.711313
- Ozkan H, Saisho H, Yamaguchi T, et al (1995). Clinical usefulness of a new miniscope in the diagnosis of pancreatic disease. Gastrointest Endosc, 42, 480-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-5107(95)70054-4
- Wolfgang CL, Herman JM, Laheru Daet al (2013). Recent progress in pancreatic cancer. CA Cancer J Clin, 63, 318-48. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21190
- Wood LD (2013). Pancreatic cancer genomes: toward molecular subtyping and novel approaches to diagnosis and therapy. Mol Diagn Ther, 17, 287-97. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40291-013-0043-6
- High Rab11-FIP4 expression predicts poor prognosis and exhibits tumor promotion in pancreatic cancer vol.50, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3892/ijo.2016.3828
- Gemcitabine and Doxorubicin Combination Enhance the Cytotoxic Effect to Pancreatic Cancer Cells BxPC3 and PANC1 through UMP/CMP Kinase 1 vol.05, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4236/jbm.2017.510007
- Germline Variants and Risk for Pancreatic Cancer vol.47, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1097/MPA.0000000000001136
- Itraconazole inhibits proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells through activation of Bak-1 vol.120, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.27719
- Downregulation of long noncoding RNA SNHG1 inhibits cell proliferation, metastasis, and invasion by suppressing the Notch-1 signaling pathway in pancreatic cancer vol.120, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.27897