- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Clinical Observation of Three Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy with Tamoxifen in Treatment of Postoperative Malignant Glioma
- Zhou, Shao-Bing (Department of Radiation Oncology, Affiliated People's Hospital of Yangzhou University) ;
- Liu, Yang-Chen (Department of Radiation Oncology, Affiliated People's Hospital of Yangzhou University) ;
- Yin, Xiao-Xiang (Department of Radiation Oncology, Affiliated People's Hospital of Yangzhou University) ;
- Ding, Wen-Xiu (Department of Radiation Oncology, Affiliated People's Hospital of Yangzhou University) ;
- Guo, Xin-Wei (Department of Radiation Oncology, Affiliated People's Hospital of Yangzhou University) ;
- Gu, Liang (Department of Radiation Oncology, Affiliated People's Hospital of Yangzhou University) ;
- Huang, Xin-En (Department of Chemotherapy, the Affiliated Jiangsu Cancer Hospital of Nanjing Medical University and Jiangsu Institute of Cancer Research)
- Published : 2015.03.18
Objective: To evaluate the efficacy and adverse effects of three dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) with tamoxifen in treating patients with postoperative malignant glioma. Patients and Methods: 60 patients of postoperative malignant glioma were randomly assigned into two groups, 30 patients were treated with 3D-CRT plus tamoxifen (treatment group), and the other 30 patients with 3D-CRT plus temozolomide (control group). All patients were radiated by 6MV X-ray, 2.0Gy per fraction, once daily, with a total dose (DT) of 56~60Gy. Tamoxifen was delivered at
Malignant glioma;three dimensional conformal radiotherapy;tamoxifen
- Broniscer A, Leite CC, Lanchote, et al (2000). Radiation therapy and high-dose tamoxifen in the treatment of patients with diffuse brainstem gliomas: results of a Brazilian cooperative study. J Clin Oncol, 18, 1246-53.
- Flannery TW, Dibiase S, Patel S, et al (2005). A Phase I clinical trial assessing temozolomide and tamoxifen with concomitant radiotherapy for the treatment high-grade gliomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 82, 739-42.
- Liu XX, Cui L, Dong HM (2009). Clinical observation in 3 dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) concurrent chemotherapy in treatment of postoperative cerebral gliomas. China Oncology, 12, 938-42.
- Partap S, Fisher PC (2007). Update on new treatments and developments in childhood brain tumors. Curt Opin Pediart, 19, 670-4. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOP.0b013e3282f0eafa
- Pashaki AS, Hamed EA, Mohamadian K, et al (2014). Efficacy of high dose radiotherapy in post-operative treatment of glioblastoma multiform--a single institution report. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2793-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2793
- Pollack IF, DaRosso RC, Robertson PL, et al (1997). A phase I study of high-dose tamoxifen for the treatment of refractory malignant gliomas of childhood. Clin Cancer Res, 3, 1109-15.
- Robins H, Won M, Seiferheld WF, et al (2006 ). Phase 2 trial of radiation plus high-dose tamoxifen for glioblastoma multiforme. Neuro oncolo, 8, 47-52. https://doi.org/10.1215/S1522851705000311
- Tang Xi, Hu Ya, Xu Yanhua (2009). Clinical research in three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy combined with Temozolomide in the treatment of malignant glioma. Prog Modern Biomedicine, 12, 2885-6.
- Tian DS, Liu JL, Xie MJ, et al (2009). Tamoxifen attenuates inflammatory-mediated damage and improves functional outcome after spinal cord injury in rats. J Neurochem, 109, 1658-67. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.2009.06077.x
- Wang JJ, Wang G, Du SM, et al (2013). Relations between multidrug resistance and P13K/Akt signaling pathway and treatment progression of glioma. Oncology Progress, 11, 287-91.
- Wang LY, Tu QS, Zhou WB, et al (2011). Efficacy and safety of 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy combined with Temozolomide for glioma. J Central South University, 4, 1106-10.
- Yin WB, Yu ZH, Xu GZ, et al (2008). Beijing: Beijing union medical university press, Radiation Oncology, 1122-9.
- Zhang W, Couldwell WT, Song H, et al (2000). Tamoxifeninduced enhancement of calcium signaling in glioma and MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Cancer Res, 60, 395-400.
- Zheng W, Nie Q, Kang JB, et al (2011). Clinical efficacy study of concurrent chemoradiotherapy for patients with postoperative high grade glioma. Chinese J Neuromedicine, 10, 900-4.
- Safety and Efficacy of a Mouth-Rinse with Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor in Patients with Chemotherapy-Induced Oral Mucositis vol.17, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2016.17.1.413
- A Clinical Study on Juheli (Recombinant Human Interleukin - 11) in the Second Prevention of Chemotherapy Induced Thrombocytopenia vol.17, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2016.17.2.485