- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
PLCE1 Gene in Esophageal Cancer and Interaction with Environmental Factors
- Guo, Li-Yan (Department of Public Health, Jining Medical University) ;
- Zhang, Shen (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, The first people's hospital of Jining city) ;
- Suo, Zhen (Department of pharmacy, Ankang hospital of Shandong province) ;
- Yang, Chang-Shuang (Department of Public Health, Jining Medical University) ;
- Zhao, Xia (Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, The first people's hospital of Jining city) ;
- Zhang, Guo-An (School of Basic Medical Science, Jining Medical University) ;
- Hu, Die (Department of Public Health, Jining Medical University) ;
- Ji, Xing-Zhao (Department of Public Health, Jining Medical University) ;
- Zhai, Min (Department of Public Health, Jining Medical University)
- Published : 2015.04.14
Objective: To study the PLCE1 gene rs2274223 polymorphism with regard to esophageal cancer and its interaction with diet, lifestyle, psychological and environmental factors in Southwest Shandong province. Materials and Methods: A case series study (case-case) was conducted. Questionnaire data were collected and 3 ml-5ml venous blood was drawn for DNA extraction among the qualified research subjects. PLCE1 gene polymorphism was detected after PCR amplification of DNA. SPSS 13.0 software was used for statistical analysis of the data. Results: The three genotypes A/A, A/G and G/G PLCE1 gene rs2274223 was 31, 16 and 4 cases, accounting for 60.8%, 31.4%, 0.08% respectively. The difference of three genotypes (AA/GA/GG) proportion between negative and positive family history of patients was statistically significant,
Esophageal carcinoma;PLCE1 gene;case series study;gene polymorphism;interaction
Supported by : Jining Medical University
- Abnet CC, Freedman ND, Hu N, et al (2010). A shared susceptibility locus in PLCE1 at 10q23 for gastric adenocarcinoma and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.Nat Genet, 42, 764-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.649
- Abnet CC, Freedman ND, Hu N, et al (2012). Genome-wide association studies of gastric adenocarcinoma and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma identify a shared susceptibility locus in PLCE1 at 10q23. Nat Genet, 44, 1090-7. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.2411
- Bunney TD, Katan M (2010). Phosphoinositide signalling in cancer: beyond PI3K and PTEN. Nat Rev Cancer, 10, 342-52. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc2842
- Cui XB, Chen YZ, Pang XL, et al (2013). Multiple polymorphisms within the PLCE1 are associated with esophageal cancer via promoting the gene expression in a Chinese Kazakh population. Science Direct, 530, 315-22.
- Fan Y, Yuan JM, Wang R, et al (2008). Alcohol, tobacco, and diet in relation to esophageal cancer: the Shanghai cohort study. Nutr Cancer, 60, 354-63. https://doi.org/10.1080/01635580701883011
- Ferlay J, shin HR, Bray F, et a1(2010). Estimates of worldwide burden of cancer in 2008: GLOBOCAN 2008. Int J Cancer, 127, 2893-917. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.25516
- Gbadegesin R, Bartkowiak B, Lavin P J (2009). Exclusion of homozygous PLCE1 (NPHS3) mutations in 69 families with idiopathic and hereditary FSGS. Pediatr Nephrol, 24, 281-5. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-008-1025-5
- Guo LY, Yang N, Hu Die, et al (2014). PLCE1 rs2274223 polymorphism and susceptibility to esophageal cancer: a meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 9107-12. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.21.9107
- Hao NB, He YF, Zhang D, et al (2013). PLCE1 polymorphism and upper gastrointestinal cancer risk: a meta-analysis. PLoS One, 8, 1-8.
- Hu L, Edamatsu H, Takenaka N, et al (2010). Crucial role of phospholipase cepsilon in induction of local skin inflammatory reactions in the elicitation stage of allergic contact hypersensitivity. J Immunol, 184, 993-1002. https://doi.org/10.4049/jimmunol.0901816
- Ikuta S, Edamatsu H, Li M, et al (2008). Crucial role of phospholipase cepsilon in skin inflammation induced by tumor-promoting phorbol ester. Cancer Res, 68, 64-72. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-07-3245
- Konda VJ, Ross AS, Ferguson MK, et al (2008). Is the risk of concomitant invasive esophageal cancer in high-grade dysplasia in barrett's esophagus overestimated. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 6, 159-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cgh.2007.09.013
- Li M, Edamatsu H, Kitazawa R, et al (2009). Phospholipase cepsilon promotes intestinal tumorigenesis of Apc(Min/+) mice through augmentation of inflammation and angiogenesis. Carcinogenesis, 30, 1424-32. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgp125
- Lin CS, Chang SC, Wei YH, et al (2009). Prognostic variables in thoracic esophageal squamouscell carcinoma. Ann Thorac Surg, 87, 1056-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2008.11.051
- Song X, Zhou FY, Zhang LQ, et al (2012). Correlation of PLCE1 gene polymorphism in the smokers/non-smokers, drinking/non-drinking, and BMI subgroups with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Henan Univers Med Sci, 31, 186-90.
- Wang LD, Zhou FY, Li XM, et al (2010). Genome-wide association study of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese subjects identifies susceptibility loci at PLCE1and C20orf54. Nat Genet, 42, 759-3. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.648
- Zhang SW, Zhang M, Li GL, et al (2012). An analysis of incidence and mortality of esophageal cancer in China, 2003-2007. China Cancer, 21, 241-7.