- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effects of Preemptive Analgesia with Parecoxib Sodium on Haemodynamics and Plasma Stress Hormones in Surgical Patients with Thyroid Carcinoma
- Wang, Lian-Dong (Department of General Surgery, Laiwu Hospital Affiliated to Taishan Medical University) ;
- Gao, Xia (Parmacy Department, Binzhou People's Hospital) ;
- Li, Jun-Ying (Parmacy Department, Binzhou People's Hospital) ;
- Yu, Hong-Yan (Department of Anesthesiology, The Third People's Hospital of Qingdao) ;
- Su, Hai-Wen (Department of Anesthesiology, The Third People's Hospital of Qingdao) ;
- Liu, Lian-Zhong (Department of Anesthesiology, Laiwu Hospital Affiliated to Taishan Medical University) ;
- Qi, Jun (Department of Anesthesiology, Laiwu Hospital Affiliated to Taishan Medical University)
- Published : 2015.05.18
Background: To investigate the effects of preemptive analgesia with parecoxib sodium on haemodynamics and plasma stress hormones in surgical patients with thyroid carcinoma. Materials and Methods: Fifty-seven patients with thyroid carcinoma who underwent thyroidectomy selectively in Laiwu Hospital Affiliated to Taishan Medical University and Binzhou People's Hospital were selected and randomly divided into three groups, 19 cases in each group. The control group was intravenously injected 0.9% sodium chloride injection before anesthesia induction; trial group I was intravenously injected with parecoxib sodium 20 min before anesthesia induction; based on trial group I, trial group II was injected with parecoxib sodium again 12 h after surgery. The levels of plasma norepinephrine (NE), cortisol (Cor) and blood glucose before, 12 and 24 h after surgery and changes of haemodynamics before surgery, at the end of surgery and 12, 24 and 48 h after surgery were compared in the three groups. Besides, visual analogue scale (VAS) scores were recorded 4, 8, 12 and 24 h after surgery. Results: 12 and 24 h after surgery, the levels of plasma NE and Cor in three groups rose dramatically (P<0.05 or (P<0.01); The levels of plasma NE and Cor in trial groups I and II were evidently lower than in control group (P<0.05 or P<0.01), and those in trial group II slightly lower than in trial group I. 12 h after surgery, the heart rates (HR) and systolic pressures (SBP) in trial groups I and II increased obviously by comparison to surgery before (P<0.05 or P<0.01), but gradually returned to the preoperative level. HR, SBP and diastolic pressures (DBP) in trial groups I and II at the end of surgery and 12 h after surgery were all lower than in the control group, and significant differences were present (P<0.05 or (P<0.01). At 4, 8, 12 and 24 h after surgery, VAS scores in trial groups I and II were markedly lower than in the control group (P<0.05 or (P<0.01), the scores in trial group II being the lowest. Conclusions: Combined application of parecoxib sodium for preemptive analgesia before anesthesia and after surgery can effectively reduce the levels of plasma stress hormones and improve analgesic effects in surgical patients with thyroid carcinoma, and without conspicuous impact on haemodynamics.
Thyroid carcinoma;parecoxib sodium;preemptive analgesia;haemodynamics;stress hormones
- Cramer JD, Fu P, Harth KC, et al (2010). Analysis of the rising incidence of thyroid cancer using the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results nationalcancer data registry. Surgery, 148, 1147-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2010.10.016
- Das J, Kumar S, Khanna S, et al (2014). Are we causing the recurrence-impact of perioperative period on long-term cancer prognosis: Review of current evidence and practice. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol, 30, 153-9. https://doi.org/10.4103/0970-9185.129996
- Ezhevskaya AA, Mlyavykh SG, Anderson DG (2013). Effects of continuous epidural anesthesia and postoperative epidural analgesia on pain management and stressresponse in patients undergoing major spinal surgery. Spine (Phila Pa 1976), 38, 1324-30. https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e318290ff26
- Haselkorn T, Bernstein L, Preston-Martin S, et al (2000). Descriptive epidemiology of thyroid cancer in Los Angeles County, 1972-1995. Cancer Causes Control, 11, 163-70. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008932123830
- Kyriakidis AV, Perysinakis I, Alexandris I, et al (2011). Parecoxib sodium in the treatment of postoperative pain after Lichtenstein tension-free mesh inguinal hernia repair. Hernia, 15, 59-64. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10029-010-0737-1
- Lloyd R, Derry S, Moore RA, et al (2009). Intravenous or intramuscular parecoxib for acute postoperative pain in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 15, 4771.
- Oakley GM, Curtin K, Layfield L, et al (2014). Increased melanoma risk in individuals with papillary thyroid carcinoma. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 140, 423-7. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoto.2014.78
- Persec J, Persec Z, Bukovic D, et al (2007). Effects of clonidine peempt analgesia on acute postoperative pain in abdominal surgery. Coll Antropol, 31, 1071-5.
- Ranjbari N, Almasi S, Mohammadi-Asl J, et al (2013). BRAF mutations in Iranian patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2521-3. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.4.2521
- Rasmussen GL, Steckner K, Hogue C, et al (2002). Intravenous parecoxib sodium foracute pain after orthopedic knee surgery. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ), 31, 336-43.
- Sandhu T, Paiboonworachat S, Ko-iam W (2011). Effects of preemptive analgesia in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. Surg Endosc, 25, 23-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-010-1122-y
- Sungwalee W, Vatanasapt P, Kamsa-Ard S, et al (2013). Reproductive risk factors for thyroid cancer: a prospective cohort study in Khon Kaen, Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 5153-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.9.5153
- Talley JJ, Bertenshaw SR, Brown DL, et al (2000). N-[[(5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl)-phenyl]sulfonyl] propanamide, sodium salt, parecoxib sodium: A potent and selective inhibitor of COX-2 for parenteral administration. J Med Chem, 43, 1661-3. https://doi.org/10.1021/jm000069h
- Wei W, Zhao T, Li Y (2013). Efficacy and safety of parecoxib sodium for acute postoperative pain: A meta-analysis. Exp Ther Med, 6, 525-31.
- Xhaard C, Ren Y, Clero E, et al (2014). Differentiated thyroid carcinoma risk factors in French Polynesia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2675-80. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2675
- Perioperative events influence cancer recurrence risk after surgery vol.15, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1038/nrclinonc.2017.194
- Role of Parecoxib Sodium in the Multimodal Analgesia after Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Double-blinded Controlled Trial vol.10, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/os.12410