- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Efficacy of Mannatide Combined with Sodium Cantharidate Vitamin B6 in the Treatment of Malignant Pleural Effusions
- Wang, Li-Zhi (Chemoradiotherapy Center, Chengde Central Hospital) ;
- Zhang, Hong-Juan (Department of General Surgery, Chengde Central Hospital) ;
- Song, Ji (Chemoradiotherapy Center, Chengde Central Hospital)
- 발행 : 2015.05.18
Objective: To evaluate the efficacy of mannatide combined with sodium cantharidate vitamin B6 in the treatment of malignant pleural effusions. Materials and Methods: Data for 69 patients with malignant pleural effusions who did not receive systemic chemotherapy were collected. Injection into the thorax using mannatide combined with sodium cantharidate vitamin B6 was performed for 37 patients in the experimental group and mannatide combined with cisplatin for 32 patients in the control group. Objective responses, KPS (Karnofsky Scoring) and incidences of side effects between the two groups were compared. Results: 13 patients reached CR (complete response) and 11 PR (partial response) in the experimental group, while 12 patients reached CR and 9 PR in the control group, the difference in overall objective responses between the two groups not being significant (66.7% vs 63.6%, p=0.806). However, improvement of KPS in the experimental group wasgreater than in the control group; total side-effect incidences during the period of treatment were 22.2% (8/36) and 54.5% (18/33), respectively (p=0.006). Conclusions: Regimen of mannatide combined with sodium cantharidate vitamin B6 had better improvement in quality-of-life and symptom relief, with a lower side-effect incidence in treatment of malignant pleural effusions.
Malignant pleural effusion;mannatide;sodium cantharidate vitamin B6
- Adams JS, Modlin RL, Diz MM, et al (1989). Potentiation of the macrophage 25-hydroxyvitamin D-1-hydroxylation reaction by human tuberculous pleural effusion fluid. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 69, 457-60. https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem-69-2-457
- Ahmed L, Ip H, Rao D, et al (2014). Talc pleurodesis through indwelling pleural catheters for malignant pleural effusions: retrospective case series of a novel clinical pathway. Chest, 146, 190-4.
- Fysh ET, Bielsa S, Budgeon CA, et al (2014). Predictors of Clinical Use of Pleurodesis and/or Indwelling Pleural Catheter Therapy for Malignant Pleural Effusion. Chest.
- Gaafar R, Abdel Rahman AR, Aboulkasem F, et al (2014). Mistletoe preparation (Viscum Fraxini-2) as palliative treatment for malignant pleural effusion: a feasibility study with comparison to bleomycin. Ecancermedicalscience, 8, 424.
- Morabito A, Gebbia V, Di Maio M, et al (2013). Randomized phase III trial of gemcitabine and cisplatin vs. gemcitabine alone in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer and a performance status of 2: the CAPPA-2 study. Lung Cancer, 81, 77-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2013.04.008
- Rafiei R, Yazdani B, Ranjbar SM, et al (2014). Long-term results of pleurodesis in malignant pleural effusions: Doxycycline vs Bleomycin. Adv Biomed Res, 3, 149. https://doi.org/10.4103/2277-9175.137831
- Sahn SA (1997). Pleural diseases related to metastatic malignancies. Eur Respir J, 10, 1907-13. https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.97.10081907
- Shao H, Hong G, Luo X (2014). Evaluation of sodium cantharidinate/vitamin B6 in the treatment of primary liver cancer. J Cancer Res Ther, 10, 75-8. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1482.139770
- Strizzi L, Catalano A, Vianale G, et al (2001). Vascular endothelial growth factor is an autocrine growth factor in human malignant mesothelioma. J Pathol, 193, 468-75. https://doi.org/10.1002/path.824
- Thomas R, Francis R, Davies HE, et al (2014). Interventional therapies for malignant pleural effusions: the present and the future. Respirol, 19, 809-22. https://doi.org/10.1111/resp.12328
- Wang B, Cui J (2014). Treatment of mid-late stage NSCLC using sodium cantharidinate/vitamin B6/GP regimen in clinic. J Cancer Res Ther, 10, 79-81.
- Wang XF, Wu YH, Jiao J, et al (2013). Diagnostic value of superoxide dismutase in tuberculous and malignant pleural effusions. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 821-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.2.821
- Yildiz PB, Yazar EE, Gorgun D, et al (2011). Predictive role of adenosine deaminase for differential diagnosis of tuberculosis and malignant pleural effusion in Turkey. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 419-23.
- Zhang Y, Yu LK, Lu GJ, et al (2014). Prognostic values of VEGF and endostatin with malignant pleural effusions in patients with lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 8435-40. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.19.8435
- Zhao WY, Chen DY, Chen JH, et al (2014). Effects of intracavitary administration of Endostar combined with cisplatin in malignant pleural effusion and ascites. Cell Biochem Biophys, 70, 623-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12013-014-9965-9