- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Association of the miRNA146a rs2910164 C>G Polymorphism with Head and Neck Cancer Risk: A Meta-analysis
- Chen, Xiang-Jun (Department of Medical Quality Control, West China Hospital, Sichuan University) ;
- Zhou, Tao-You (Department of Infectious Disease, West China Hospital, Sichuan University) ;
- Chen, Min (Department of Medical Quality Control, West China Hospital, Sichuan University) ;
- Li, Nian (Department of Medical Quality Control, West China Hospital, Sichuan University) ;
- Liu, Fang (Department of Medical Quality Control, West China Hospital, Sichuan University)
- Published : 2015.05.18
Objective: To investigate any association of the miRNA146a rs2910164 C>G polymorphism with head and neck cancer risk. Materials and Methods: The Medline, PubMed, PUBMED, EMBASE, Web of Science, WanFang and CNKI databases were searched and a meta-analysis was conducted using RevMan 5.2 software. Results: After searching and evaluating the literature, a total seven papers involving 2,766 patients with head and neck cancer and 6,603 healthy controls were included into this meta analysis. The results showed that there were no significant differences between patients and healthy controls overall for the miRNA rs2910164 C>G gene polymorphism (dominant model:OR=0.78, 95%CI:0.58-1.04, P=0.09; recessive model:OR=0.86, 95%CI:0.67-1.12, P=0.27;GG:CC:OR=0.75, 95%CI:0.52-1.08, P=0.12;GC:CC:OR=0.79, 95%CI:0.60-1.04, P=0.10). However, a significant association of miRNA rs2910164 C>G gene polymorphism with Chinese head and neck cancer risk was noted, limited to the dominant model (OR=0.68, 95%CI:0.50-0.95, P=0.02;GG:CC:OR=0.62, 95%CI:0.42-0.92, P=0.02;GC:CC:OR=0.72, 95%CI:0.520.99, P=0.04). Conclusions: miRNA146a rs2910164 C>G polymorphism is not associated with head and neck cancer risk in general, but tehre may be link in Chinese.
Head and neck cancer;miRNA146a rs2910164 C>G;polymorphism;meta analysis;Chinese
- Ambros V (2004). The functions of animal microRNAs. Nature, 431, 350-5 https://doi.org/10.1038/nature02871
- Bartel DP (2004). MicroRNAs: Genomics, biogenesis, mechanism, and function. Cell, 116, 281-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0092-8674(04)00045-5
- Chen C, Zhang Y, Zhang L, et al (2011). MicroRNA-196:critical roles and clinical applications in development and cancer. J Cell Mol Med, 15, 14-23. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1582-4934.2010.01219.x
- Christensen BC, Avissar-Whiting M, Ouellet LG, et al (2010). Mature microRNA sequence polymorphism in MIR196A2 is associated with risk and prognosis of head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res, 16, 3713-20. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-10-0657
- Chu YH, Tzeng SL, Lin CW, et al (2012). Impacts of microRNA gene polymorphisms on the susceptibility of environmental factors leading to carcinogenesis in oral cancer. PLoS One, 7, 39777. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0039777
- Huang GL, Chen ML, Li YZ, et al (2014). ssociation of miR-146a gene polymorphism with risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in the central-southern Chinese population. J Hum Genet, 59, 141-4. https://doi.org/10.1038/jhg.2013.135
- Hung PS, Chang KW, Kao SY, et al (2012). Association between the rs2910164 polymorphism in pre-mir-146a and oral carcinoma progression. Oral Oncol, 48, 404-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2011.11.019
- Labbaye C and Testa U(2012) The emerging role of MIR-146A in the control of hematopoiesis, immune function and cancer. J Hematol Oncol, 27, 13.
- Lin D, Dong WD, Lu MP, et al (2014). The association between rs2910164 C>G polymorphism in pre-microRNA-146a and laryngeal cancer in Jiangsu Han population. J Otolaryngol Ophthal Shandong Univ, 28, 46-50.
- Liu Z, Li G, Wei S, et al (2010). Genetic variants in selected pre-microRNA genes and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer, 116, 4753-60. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.25323
- Li YJ, Zhang ZY, Mao YY, et al (2014). A genetic variant in miR-146a modifies digestive system cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 145-50. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.145
- Li Y, Zhang M, Chen H, et al (2010). Ratio of miR-196s to HOXC8 messenger RNA correlates with breast cancer cell migration and metastasis. Cancer Res, 70, 7894-904. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-10-1675
- Lu J, Getz G, Miska EA, et al (2005). MicroRNA expression profiles classify human cancers. Nature, 435, 834-8 https://doi.org/10.1038/nature03702
- Lung RW, Wang X, Tong JH, et al (2013). A single nucleotide polymorphism in microRNA-146a is associated with the risk for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Carcinog, 52, 28-38. https://doi.org/10.1002/mc.21937
- Orsos Z, Szanyi I, Csejtei A, et al (2013). Association of pre-miR-146a rs2910164 polymorphism with the risk of head and neck cancer. Anticancer Res, 33, 341-6.
- Popovic R, Riesbeck LE, Velu CS, et al (2009). Regulation of mir-196b by MLL and its overexpression by MLL fusions contributes to immortalization. Blood, 113, 3314-22. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2008-04-154310
- Schetter AJ, Nguyen GH, Bowman ED, et al (2009). Association of inflammation-related and microRNA gene expression with cancer-specific mortality of colon adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res, 15, 5878-87. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-09-0627
- Wang J, Bi J, Liu X, et al (2012). Has-miR-146a polymorphism (rs2910164) and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 19 case-control studies. Mol Biol Rep, 39, 4571-9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-011-1247-7
- Xu Y, Li L, Xiang X, et al (2013). Three common functional polymorphisms in microRNA encoding genes in the susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gene, 527, 584-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2013.05.085
- Yin ZH, Yan L, Cui Z, et al (2013). Effects of common polymorphisms rs2910164 in miR-146a and rs3746444 in miR-499 on cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Mol Biol Rep, 40, 3003-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-012-2372-7