- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Characteristic Trend Analysis of Cancer Patients Hospitalized in Shanxi Tumor Hospital for the First Time during 2001 and 2010
- Zhang, Wen-Li (Department of Information, ShanXi Cancer Hospital) ;
- Wang, Yan (The Etiology and Tumor Markers Laboratory, ShanXi Cancer Hospital) ;
- Han, Cun-Zhi (The Etiology and Tumor Markers Laboratory, ShanXi Cancer Hospital)
- Published : 2015.05.18
To observe and analyze the characteristic trend of cancer patients hospitalized for the first time in Shanxi Tumor Hospital from 2001 to 2010, clinical data including case number, age, gender, and frequency of different tumor occurrences were collected and statistically analyzed. Results: (i) From 2001 to 2010, the number of cancer patients hospitalized for the first time increased by 1.3-fold; (ii) The patient overall average age also increased from 51.8 to 54.4, for males from 55.5 to 58.7 and females from 48.4 to 51.1, respectively. (iii) Male patients accounted for 43-48% and females accounted for 52-57% of the total. The percentage of female patients was higher than that of male patients in every year and showed an upward trend over the years, while that of the males showed a downward trend (
Cancer inpatients;trend analysis;age;gender;Shanxi, China
- Rong SD, Chen W, Wu LY, et al (2002). Risk factors for cervical cancer in Xianghuan county, Shanxi province. Chin J Prev Med, 36, 42-6.
- Chen W, Sun XD, Fan JH, et al (2003). Variation of risk factors for esophageal cancer in Linxian, China. Cancer Res Clin, 15, 5-7.
- Chen WQ, Zhang SW, Zou XN, et al (2010). An analysis of lung cancer mortality during 2004-2005 in China. Chin J Prev Med, 44, 378-82.
- Chen RJ, Zhang JL , Han HD (2011). Review of epidemiological studies of air pollution and lung cancer in China. J Hygiene Res, 40, 243-5.
- Chen PL, Zhao T, Feng R, et al (2014). Patterns and trends with cancer incidence and mortality rates reported by the China National cancer registry. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 6327-32. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.15.6327
- Guan T, Zhang ZW, Xie YF, et al (2006). Relationship between human papillomavirus genotype and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Maternal Child Health Care China, 21, 960-3.
- http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerbasics/cancer-surveillanceprograms-and-registries-in-the-united-states. Accessed on October 23, 2013.
- http://www.dukeraleighhospital.org/healthservices/cancer-center/about/2012-reports/cancer-registry. Accessed on October 23, 2013.
- Ji FM , Ha N (2011). Epidemiology of breast cancer in female from 1996-2007. World Health Dig, 8.
- Jiang HC, Shen F,Yang YB (2012). Statistic analysis of inpatients with lung cancer during 2003-2010. Chin J Hospital Statistics, 19, 239-41.
- Kuriyama S, Tsubono Y, Hozawa A, et al (2005). Obesity and risk of cancer in Japan. Int J Cancer, 113, 148-57. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.20529
- Li J, Huang R, Schmidt JE, Qiao YL (2013). Epidemiological features of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection among women living in Mainland China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4015-23. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4015
- Pei GG, Fu L , Cui YL (2008). Risk factor meta-analysis of Chinese women with breast cancer. Maternal & Child Health Care China, 23, 2650-2.
- Qiao YL (2007). Epidemiological studies and status quo of Chinese women with papillomavirus infection and cervical cancer and prospects for preventable vaccine. Chinese J Epidemiol, 28, 937-40.
- Sheng YH, Chen F, Huang MN, et al (2003). Population-based study of human papillomavirus infection in high-risk area for cervical cancer in Shanxi Province, China. Acta Acad Med Sin, 25, 382-5.
- Wang XZ, Yuan FM, Wang F, et al (2011). Analysis of incidence of esophageal cancer in Yangcheng County during 1999 and 2007. China Cancer, 20, 419-21.
- Zhao FG, Qiao YL(2004). Advance in etiology of cervical cancer. Oncol Prog, 2, 39-42.
- Zen ZP, Chen F, Liu B, et al (2004). Risk factors for cervical cancer in Yangcheng county, Shanxi province. Cancer Res Prev Treat, 31, 178-81.
- Evaluation of the clinical application of multiple tumor marker protein chip in the diagnostic of lung cancer vol.32, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcla.22565