- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Stock assessment and Diagnosis of Flatted grey mullet, Mugil cephalus, in the coastal water of Yeosu
여수 연안의 숭어 (Mugil cephalus) 자원평가 및 진단
- Received : 2015.08.09
- Accepted : 2015.08.24
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study was performed to estimate biomass and to provide management plan through population ecological characteristics, including survival rate, instantaneous coefficient of natural and fishing mortalities, and age at first capture of Flathead grey mullet, Mugil cephalus, in the coastal waters of Yeosu. Survival rate (S) of the flathead grey mullet was 3.671. The instantaneous coefficients of natural mortality (M) and fishing mortality (F) was estimated to be 0.325/year, 0.962/year for flathead grey mullet. Also fist capure age of flathead grey mullet was 3.61year. The current biomass of the flathead grey mullet in the study area was estimated to be 19.6 M/T and
Flathead grey mullet;Ecological characteristics;Biomass;Yield per recruitment;Optimum fishing level
- Allen GR, Midgley SH and Allen M. 2002. Field guide to the freshwater fishes of Australia. Western Australian Museum, Perth, Western Australia, 1-394.
- Alverson DL and Carney MJ. 1975. A graphic review of the growth and decay of population cohorts. J Cons Int Explor Mer 36(2), 133-143. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/36.2.133
- Bertalanffy L. von, 1938. A quantitative theory of organic growth (Inquiries on growth laws (II)). Hum Biol 10(2), 181-213.
- Beverton RJH and Holt SJ. 1957. On the dynamics of exploited fish populations. Fishery investigations, Series II, Marine Fisheries, Great Britain Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food 19, 1-533.
- Eschmeyer WN, Herald ES and Hammann H. 1983. A field guide to Pacific coast fishes of North America. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, U.S.A, 1-336.
- Kim JK, Kim YU and Byum SG. 2000. Egg and larval development of chelon lauvergnii from Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 12(2), 137-145.
- Kim DS, Joo SC and Park JS. 2005. A study of the movement distribution of common grey mullet, Mugil cephalus in Funnel net fishing ground of the Yeosu coastal sea. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 41(1), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2005.41.1.001
- Lee CL and Joo DS. 1994. Synopsis of Familiy Mugilidae (Perciformes) from Korea. Bull Korean Fish Soc 27(6), 814-824.
- NFRDI. 2004. Commercial fishes of the coastal and offshore water in Korea. 2nd ed. Hnagul Press, Busan, Korea, p78.
- Pauly D. 1984 Length-converted catch data. A powerful tool for fisheries research in the Tropics (Part II). ICLARM fishbyte 2, 9-10.
- Tung IH. 1981. On the fishery biology of the grey mullet, Mugil cephalus Linnaeus, in Taiwan. Rep Inst Fish Biol Minist Econ Aff Natl Taiwan Univ 3, 38-102.
- Zhang CI. 2010. Fisheries Resource Ecology. Fisheries science series 1, Pukyong National University Press, Busan, Korea, 422-423.
- Zhang CI and Megrey BA. 2006. A revised Alverson and Carney model for estimating the instantaneous rate of natural mortality. Trans Amer Fish Soc 135(3), 620-633. (doi:10.1577/T04-173.1) https://doi.org/10.1577/T04-173.1
- Zhang CI and Megrey BA. 2010. A simple biomass-based length-cohort analysis for estimating biomass and fishing mortality. rans Amer Fish Soc 139, 911-924. (doi: 10.1577/T09-041.1) https://doi.org/10.1577/T09-041.1
- Zhang CI, Park HW and Kwon HC. 2011. Age and growth of the flathead grey mullet (Mugil cephalus) in the coastal water of Yeosu. J Kor Sco Fish Tech 47(3), 203-2013. (doi:10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.3.203) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.3.203
Supported by : 국립수산과학원