- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Catch and cluster analysis according to net materials of gillnet for the Pacific herring in the coastal waters of Samcheok, Korea
삼척 연안 청어자망의 그물 재질에 따른 어획과 군집 분석
- AN, Heui-Chun (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- BAE, Jae-Hyun (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- PARK, Jong-Myung (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- HONG, Sung-Eic (Bada Ecology Research) ;
- KIM, Seong-Hun (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI) ;
- PARK, Hae-Hoon (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI)
- 안희춘 (동해수산연구소 해역산업과) ;
- 배재현 (동해수산연구소 해역산업과) ;
- 박종명 (동해수산연구소 해역산업과) ;
- 홍성익 (바다생태리서치) ;
- 김성훈 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 박해훈 (동해수산연구소 해역산업과)
- Received : 2015.07.07
- Accepted : 2015.08.22
- Published : 2015.08.31
Experiments for catch and cluster analysis on the catch by gillnet for the Pacific herring were conducted using traditional nylon net (PA) and developing biodegradable net (PBS) with different monofilaments of #2 (=0.23 mm) and #3 (=0.28 mm) in diameter between 2011 and 2012, and of #2, #2.5 and #3 in 2013 in the eastern coastal waters of Samcheok, Korea. The total catch during the experiments was 3,337kg in weight and 16,757 individuals in number. Though the catch ratio of the Pacific herring in 2011 and 2012 was 97.4% and 98.7%, respectively, that of the Pacific herring in 2013 was 73.6% as the biggest and followed by goldeye rockfish (8.6%), black edged sculpin (8.4%), atka mackerel (7.2%) and Alaska cod (1.0%). The ANOVA analysis on the total catch in relation to net material showed that there was not statistically significant difference at the 5% level between nylon net (PA) and biodegradable net (PBS) (p=0.91). With the cluster analysis on the catch in relation to net material (PA, PBS) and twine thick (#2, #3), it showed the influence of net material on the catch was greater than that of twine diameter in this experiment. From the test of homogeneity on the catch by the gillnet with PA and PBS in which several species were caught in 2013, there was not statistically significant homogeneity in relation to net material (p<0.005). That meant the traditional gillnet of nylon (PA) was more efficient than the biodegradable (PBS) gillnet to catch several kinds of fish, however the PBS gillnet was better than the PA gillnet to catch the target Pacific herring.
Species composition;Biodegradable net;Cluster analysis;Homogeneity;Gillnet
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- An HC, Kim SH, Lim JH and Bae JH, 2013. Catching efficiency of the biodegradable gill net for Pacific herring (Clupea pallasii). J Kor Soc Fish Technol, 49, 341-351. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.341). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.341
- An HC, Bae JH, Park JM, Park CD and Hong SE, 2014. Species composition and cluster analysis of the communities caught by dredge in relation to tooth spacing and mesh size in the coastal waters of Gangneung, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Technol, 50, 530-541. (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.530). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.530
- Ayaz A, Acarli D, Altinagac U, Ozekinci U, Kara A and Ozen A. 2006. Ghost fishing by monofilament and multifilament gillnets in Izmir bay, Turkey. Fisheries Research 79, 267-271. (DOI: 10.1016/j.fishres.2006.03.029) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2006.03.029
- Bray JR and Curtis JT. 1957. An ordination of the upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin. Ecol Monogr 27, 325-349. https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Kim IO, Lee GH, Cho SG, Cha JB and Sohn BK. 2012. Catching efficiency of biodegradable trammel net for swimming crab (Portunus trituberculatus) in the yeonpyeong fishing ground of korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48(4), 322-336 (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.322). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.322
- Kim S, Park SW, Lee K and Lim JH, 2013. Characteristics on the fishing performance of a drift net for yellow croaker (Larimichthys polyactis) in accordance with the thickness of a net twine. J Kor Soc Fish Technol, 49, 218-226. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.218). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.218
- Marglef R. 1963. On certain unifying principles in ecology. Amer Nature 97, 357-374 https://doi.org/10.1086/282286
- NFRDI (National fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2008. Fishing gear of Korea. Hangul Graphics, Busan, Korea, 1-579.
- NFRDI, 2011. Development of environmentally-friendly fishing materials, fishing gears and fishing methods. In 1/2 Technical report of National fisheries Research and Development Institute. 495-522, Busan.
- NFRDI, 2012. Development of environmentally-friendly fishing materials, fishing gears and fishing methods. In 1/2 Technical report of National fisheries Research and Development Institute. 439-460, Busan.
- NFRDI, 2013. Development of environmentally-friendly fishing materials, fishing gears and fishing methods. In 2/2 Technical report of National fisheries Research and Development Institute. 553-576, Busan.
- Park SW and Bae JH. 2008. Weatherability of biodegradable polybutylene succinate (PBS) monofilaments. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 265-272. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.265
- Park SW, Bae JH, Lim JH, Cha BJ, Park CD, Yang YS and Ahn HC. 2007. Development and physical properties on the monofilament for gill nets and traps using biodegradable aliphatic polybutylene succinate resin. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 281-290. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.281
- Park SW, Kim SH, Do CH, Lim JH and Choi HS. 2014. Effects of a steam heat treatment conditions on the swelling and physical properties of PBS (polybutylene succinate) copolymer monofilament gill net. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 50, 274-283 (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.274). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.274
- Pielou EC. 1966. The measurement of diversity in different types of biological collection. J Theoret Biol 13, 131-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5193(66)90013-0
- Pielou EC. 1977. Mathematical ecology, 2nd. John Wiley and Sons. Inc, New York, USA, 358.
- Tschernij, V and Larsson PO. 2003. Ghost fishing by lost gill nets in the Baltic sea. Fish Res 64, 151-162. (DOI: 10.1016.S0165-7836(03)00214-5) https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-7836(03)00214-5
- Winger PD, Legge G, Batten C and Bishop G, 2015. Evaluating potential biodegradable twines for use in the snow crab fishery off Newfoundland and Labrador. Fish Res, 161, 21-23. (DOI: 10.1016/j.fishres.2014.06.007) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2014.06.007