- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on noise removal technique for acoustic data from a fishing boat
조업선에서 수집한 음향자료에 대한 잡음 제거 기법에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.06.29
- Accepted : 2015.08.27
- Published : 2015.08.31
The Commission for Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) is utilized to manage krill resources using acoustic data collection and a scientific observer program operating on the fishing boats. However, the acoustic data were contained seriously noise, example of background, spike, and intermittent noise, due to purpose of fish boats. In this study, the noise removal techniques were confirmed the potential of the acoustic data analysis. Acoustic system and frequency used in the survey were commercial echosounder (ES70, SIMRAD) and 200 kHz split beam transducer. Acoustic data were analyzed using Echoview software (Myriax), and general data analysis and new noise removal method was used. Although a variety of noise, most of the noises have been removed using the noise removal processing. We confirmed the possibility of analyzing the acoustic data obtained from fish boats. The results will be useful for analysis of the acoustic data acquired from krill fishing boats.
Fishing boat;Acoustic survey;Noise removal;Antarctic krill;Euphausia superba
- Everson I. 2000. Distribution and standing, The Southern Ocean. Blackwell Science, London., UK, 63-79.
- Everson I, Kayanda R and Taabu-Munyaho A. 2013. Comparing echosounder efficiency using field observations. Lake Resev Manage 18, 167-177 (DOI:10.1111/lre.12026). https://doi.org/10.1111/lre.12026
- CCAMLR. 2014. CCAMLR Statistical Bulletin. Volume 26 (Database Version; www.ccamlr.org). CCAMLR, Hobart, Australia. Accessed 25/06/2015.
- Demer DA. 2004. An estimate of error for the CCAMLR 2000 survey estimate of krill biomass. Deep-Sea Res II 51, 1237-1251 (DOI:10.1016/j.dsr2.2004.06.012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2004.06.012
- ICES. 2014. A metadata convention for processed acoustic data from active acoustic systems. Document SISP 4-TG-AcMeta, ICES WGFAST Topic Group, TG-ASMeta. Copenhagen, Denmark, ICES, pp. 44.
- Kang D, Shin HC, Kim S, Lee YH and Hwang DJ. 2003. Species identification and noise cancellation using volume backscattering strength difference of multi-frequency, J Kor Fish Soc 36, 541-548 (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2003.36.5.541). https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2003.36.5.541
- Kang D, Shin HC, Lee YH, Kim YS and Kim S. 2005. Acoustic estimated of the krill (Euphausia Superba) density between South Shetland Islands and South Orkney Islands, Antarctica, during 2002/2003 austral summer, Ocean Polar Res 27, 75-86 (DOI: 10.4217/OPR.2005.27.1.075). https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2005.27.1.075
- Kang MH. 2011. Semiautomated analysis of data from an imaging sonar for fish counting, sizing, and tracking in a post-processing application, Fish Aquat Sci 14 (3), 218-225 (DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2011.0218). https://doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2011.0218
- Kang MH, Seo YI, Oh TY, Lee KH, Jang CS. 2015. Estimating the biomass of anchovy species off the coast of Tongyeong and Yeosu in South Korea in the spring and winter of 2013 and 2014. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 51 (1), 86-93 (DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.086). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.086
- Lee HB, Kang DH, Im YJ and Lee KH. 2014. Distribution and Abundance of Japanese Anchovy Engraulis japonicus and Other Fishes in Asan Bay, Korea, estimated Hydroacoustic Survey, Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 47 (5), 1055-1062 (DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0103). https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0103
- Lee KH, Choi JH, Shin JK, Chang DS and Park SW. 2009. Acoustical backscattering strength characteristics and density estimates of Japanese common squid distributed in Yellow Sea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 45 (3), 157-164 (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.157). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.157
- Wang X, Zhao X and Zhang J. 2015. A noise removal algorithm for acoustic data with strong interference based on post-processing techniques. Document SG-ASAM-15. Hobart, Australia, CCAMLR, pp. 1-11.
- Comparison of Echogram Analysis Methods for Evaluating the Sound-scattering Layer vol.49, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0856
Supported by : 국립수산과학원