- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Operation design for long-distance live fish container transport system
활어 컨테이너 장거리 수송시스템 운용 설계
- YANG, Yongsu (Division of Fisheries System Engineering, Institute of National Fisheries Research and Development,) ;
- LEE, Kyounghoon (Division of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University) ;
- BAE, Jaehyun (Division of Aquaculture Industry, East Sea Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- KIM, Seonghun (Division of Fisheries System Engineering, Institute of National Fisheries Research and Development,) ;
- PARK, Seongwook (Southwest Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research and Development Institute) ;
- PARK, Taeil (Geoje Fishers Aquaculture Association) ;
- KOO, Jasun (Geoje Fishers Aquaculture Association)
- 양용수 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 이경훈 (전남대학교 해양기술학부) ;
- 배재현 (동해수산연구소 해역산업과) ;
- 김성훈 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 박성욱 (남서해수산연구소) ;
- 박태일 (거제어류양식협회) ;
- 구자선 (거제어류양식협회)
- Received : 2015.06.23
- Accepted : 2015.08.17
- Published : 2015.08.31
Fish exportation using airplanes incurs sizable logistics costs (12,000KRW/kg), according for more than 45% out of the total export cost. Thus, it is unreasonable to quantitatively expand fish exportation by means of air transport. In addition, cases of failing to deliver fish at the right time to the right place occurs frequently due to the limited cargo capacity and insufficient cargo space of airplanes, especially during the peak season. Therefor, a technology that not only minimizes the logistics costs but also transports fish freshly and safely, in the case of long distance exportation to countries such as the United States and Taiwan, should be developed. In this study, a live fish container control system for long distance transportation was designed and implemented. Live flatfish (2,000kg) were selected as the target fish, were transported to the United States to analyze and verify the performance of the a live fish container control ystem and transportation ability.
Live fish container;Long-distance transport system;Flatfish
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원, 국립수산과학원
- Cho YJ, Kim YY, Lee NG and Choi YJ. 1994. Basic studies on developing equipment for waterless transportation of live fish. J Kor Fish Soc 27(5), 501-508.
- Choi SH, Ha TY and Won SH. 2009. A study on the establishment of the technology road map for container port in Korea. J Navig Port Res 33(3), 199-206. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2009.33.3.199
- Lee MJ, Lee EJ, Ha DC, Ryu KH and Baek SJ. 2005. Reefer container monitoring system using trajectory information. J Kor Assoc Geogr Infor Stud 8(1), 23-39.
- Moon YS, Choi SP, Lee EK, Kim JJ and Choi HR. 2013. Performance eveluation of advanced container security device (ACSD) system based on IoT (Internet of Things). J Kor Inst Infor Commun Eng 17(9), 2183-2190. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.9.2183) https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.9.2183
- Oh SM and Lee IM. 2014. A study to develop a multiple container transportation system. J Kor Acad Industr coop Soc 12(2), 638-645. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.638) https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.638
- Yoon SM, Kim CB, Cho YJ and Hur BK. 1998. Study of the temperature container system for a live fish transportation. Koran J Air Cond Refrig Eng 10(3), 343-347.
- Yoon TB, Kim NJ, Lee JY and Kim CB. 2000. Development of a waterless container utilizing thermoelectric modules of live fish transportation. Koran J Ai Cond Refrig Eng 12(5), 519-524.