- Volume 24 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Determination of Prior Areas for Livestock Excreta Pollution Survey
가축분뇨실태조사를 위한 우선 조사 대상지역 선정 방안 도출
- Ryu, Hong-Duck ;
- Park, Bae Kyung ;
- Chung, Eu Gene ;
- Ahn, Ki Hong ;
- Choi, Won-Sik ;
- Kim, Yongseok ;
- Rhew, Doughee
- Received : 2015.07.10
- Accepted : 2015.08.13
- Published : 2015.08.31
The purposes of this study were to suggest the methodology to select prior areas in the environmental pollution survey for livestock excreta (EPSLE) as well as to elucidate the validity of the methodology. In this study, the prior areas in the EPSLE were determined by examining the number of compost facilities categorized according to the three levels of size including the basin, the sub-basin and the watershed, respectively, based on the data from "Annual Nation-wide Pollution Sources Survey (2012)". The results suggested that the list of prior basins were Nakdong, Geum, Youngsan and Han river basins in order. Also, it was examined that the prior sub-basins in the four river basins including Nakdong, Geum, Youngsan and Han rivers were Naesung Stream, Geumgang Gongju, Juam Dam and Namhan Downstream, respectively. The prior watersheds in the sub-basins of Naesung stream, Geumgang Gongju, Juam Dam and Namhan Downstream were Seocheon Downstream, Geum Stream, Gyeombaek Suwipyo and Yanghwa Stream, respectively. The validity of the methodology used in this study was elucidated by analyzing the correlation of the number of compost facilities with the concentrations of T-N and T-P observed in the end-points of sub-basins. The results of correlation analysis showed that the concentrations of T-N and T-P increased with the number of compost facilities. Specifically, there was the stronger correlation between the number of compost facilities and the concentrations of T-N than that for T-P. Consequently, it was proved that the methodology used in this work was valid and rational for the selection of prior areas in environmental pollution survey for EPSLE.
Prior area;Environmental pollution survey;Livestock excreta;Compost facility;Four river basin;Watershed;T-N;T-P
- Ahn, H. K., Choi, H. L., Jung, W. C., Kim, K. Y., Kim, J. K., Park, I. H., Jung, Y. C., 2001, Impact of livestock waste on the water quality of Paldang reservoir, J. Anim. Sci. & Techno., 43(4), 569-586.
- Alonso., A., Camargo, J., 2011, The freshwater planarian Polycelis felina as a sensitive species to asses the long-term toxicity of ammonia, Chemosphere, 84, 533-537. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2011.04.030
- Daegu Regional Environmental Office, 2013, Implementation assessment for water environmental management plan of sub-basin of Naesung stream, 11-1480 359-000093-01, Daegu.
- Dupas, R., Delmas, M., Dorioz, J., Garnier, J., Moatar, F., Gascuel-Odoux, C., 2015, Assessing the impact of agricultural pressures on N and P loads and eutrophication risk, Ecol. Indic., 48, 396-407. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2014.08.007
- Ferretti, J., Calesso, D., 2011, Toxicity of ammonia to surf clam (Spisula solidissima) larvae in saltwater and sediment elutriates, Mar. Enviro. Res., 71, 189-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marenvres.2011.01.002
- Georgieva, N., Yaneva, Z., Dospatliev, L., 2010, Ecological monitoring of the fresh waters in Stara Zagora Region, Bulgaria I. quality analysis of nitrogen compounds contents, Desalination, 264, 48-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2010.07.003
- Jang, N., Kim, B., Im, S., Kim, T., 2012, A study on evaluation of target region for the agricultural nonpoint sources management, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 34(1), 23-31. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2012.34.1.023
- Kim, C. G., Kim, T. Y., Shin, Y. K., 2005, Implementation program for introducing regional-based maximum nutrients loading system, Korea Rural Economic Institute, Seoul.
- Kim, D. W., Jang, M. J., Han, I. S., 2014, Determination of focused control pollutant source by analysis of pollutant delivery characteristics in unit watershed upper Paldang lake, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 36(5), 367-377. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.5.367
- Kim, P. J., Lee, Y. B., Lee, Y., Yun, H. B., Lee, K. D., 2008, Evaluation of livestock manure utilization rates as agricultural purpose in developed OECD countries by using nutrient balance, Korean J. Enviro. Agric., 27(4), 337-342. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.4.337
- Lee, G. S., Kim, T. K., 2012, Estimation of nonpoint source pollutant loads of Juam-Dam basin based on the classification of satellite Imagery, J. Korean Assoc. Geo. Info. Stud., 15(3), 1-12.
- Ministry of Environment, 2010, Measure plan for managing livestock manure and improving water quality, Sejong.
- Ministry of Environment, 2014, 2014 White paper of environment, 11-1480000-000586-10, Sejong.
- Ministry of Agriculture, 2007, Development of non-point source pollution control and management techno-logies for the Saemangeum watershed, Sejong.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2014, Water Information System, http://water.nier.go.kr/main/
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2013, Study based on basic unit of livestock pollution source for extended application of target pollutant of total load management(I), Incheon.
- National Institute of Environmental Rearch, 2014, Nationwide annual report for pollution sources in the year of 2012, 11-1480523-000429-10, Incheon.
- Neal, C., Heathwaite, A. L., 2005, Nutrient mobility within river basins: a European perspective, J. Hydrol., 304, 477-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2004.07.045
- Puckett, L. J., 1995, Identifying the major sources of nutrient water pollution, Environ. Sci. Technol., 29, 408-414. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00009a743
- Rural Development Administration, 2012, Soil quality assessment environmental impact of livestock manure application to cropland, Jeonju.
- Shin, Y., Lyou, C., Choi, Y. H., Lim, K. J., Choi, J., 2006, Pollutant load characteristics by baseflow in a small agricultural watershed, J. Korean Soc. Water Environ., 22(2), 244-249.
- Statistics Korea, 2014, http://kostat.go.kr.