- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Suggestion of the Bicycle Wear Design based on Active Senior Women's Preference
액티브 시니어 여성의 자전거의류 선호에 따른 디자인 제안
- Jung, Hee-Kyeong (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Ran (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles/Research Institute of Elderly, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2015.04.01
- Accepted : 2015.06.10
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study investigates preferred bicycle wear designs that can satisfy active senior consumers. A survey was conducted on 50-60's women who periodically rode bicycles. The results indicated a preference for slim designs and red colors. Jacket designs preferences were for a tight fit for size tolerance, stand collar style, and elastic band details for cuff styles. Pants design preferences were for a whole band waist belt type with a tight fit style such as leggings in pants silhouette, zipper details on the side line and ankle length. They also preferred styles with pads attached to underpants in the pad style and the part of the back waist in the pocket position. The survey showed four kinds of jacket design drawings on an ordinal scale rating. Results indicated a preference for set-in variation jackets with the red and gray color combination. Finally, we demonstrated bicycle wear design suggestions. The jacket applied different armhole line colors connected to the sleeve to make the waist slimmer; in addition, stretchable material helped improve armpit part functionality.
bicycle wear;active senior;design preference;design suggestion
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bae, J. H. (2010, May 20). Senior, why do you often wear red clothes?. Retrieved March 26, 2015, from http://health.chosun.com
- Cha, Y. M., & Lee, S. E. (2012). Study dissatisfaction factors and preferred items about clothes to wear when commuting by bicycle. Journal of Korean Traditional Costume, 15(2), 31-43.
- Cho, E. H. (2012, March 30). 'Le coq sportif' released the cycle line. Apparelnews. Retrieved April 27, 2012, from http://www.apparelnews.co.kr
- Choi, M. S. (2004). An exploratory research on pattern development of bicycle apparel for cyclists. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(5), 637-647.
- Eum, J. E. (2013). A study on bike wear for commuting female riders in consideration of functionality and sensibility. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yeungnam University, Geongsan.
- Jeong, Y. H. (2005). Pattern development of cycling pants from 3D human scan data considering the moving posture and the curvature plot for comfortable pressure sensation. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Jeong, J. K. (2011a, May 24). Attraction of bicycle. Citylife 278. Retrieved April 25, 2012, from http://www.mk.co.kr
- Jeong, S. Y. (2011b, July). Bicycle transport brief. The Korea Transport Institute, pp. 2-8.
- Kim, E. K. (1996). Kinetical function of the bicycle pants. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, E. K. (2010). A study of the current state of cyclist wear. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(5), 88-105.
- Kim, H. N. (2013, June 16). Fashion industry, focus on 'active senior'. Fashion Insight. Retrieved January 22, 2015, from http://www.fi.co.kr
- Kim, J. (2015, March 4). Bike industry without recession. Bike Chosun. Retrieved April 16, 2015, from http://bike.chosun.com
- Kim, Y. H., & Kim, Y. S. (2003). Considerable differences of body surface area in the preparation of bicycle wear. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 11(3), 375-386.
- Kim, Y. I., Hahn, S. W., Kim, H. Y., & Hong, Y. H. (2011). Characteristics of color perception and preference for analogous color combination of senior generation. Journal of Korean Society of Color Studies, 25(3), 67-76. https://doi.org/10.17289/jkscs.25.3.201108.67
- Lee, H. J. (2011, October 5). Activity at Geum river area of bicycle riders. Korea Report. Retrieved April 16, 2015, from http://reporter.korea.kr
- Lee, J. H. (2014, May 29). Enjoy riding active senior. Bravo-mylife. Retrieved January 22, 2015, from http://www.bravo-mylife.co.kr
- Lee, M. J., Lee, H. L., & Yoo, S. J. (2011). A study on the current state for the development of a cycle wear for commuting. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Fall Conference, Korea, p. 205.
- Lee, Y. J., & Suh, M. A. (2008). A research on the actual state of manufacturers of cycle wears and condition in wearing -Focusing on cycle wear of male(20-35 age)-. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 16(1), 58-69.
- Nam, Y. J., Jung, H. J., & Oh, J. K. (2007). The effect of cycling exercise on body composition, muscle strength and BMD in postmenopausal women. Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, 21, 1-9.
- Park, J. H., & Yoo, S. H. (2011). Body mapping of subjectively assessed sweat sensation and thermal comfort in cycling wear. Journal of the Korean Society of Living Environment System, 18(6), 824-834.
- Park, J. H., & Yoo, S. J. (2012). Upper body mapping of sweet rate for development of cycling wear. The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 19(1), 171-177.
- Park, J. H., & Yoo, S. J. (2014). Effect of air flow on local skin temperature, clothing microclimate and subjective sensation during winter cycling. The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 21(5), 809-820.
- Park, Y. S. (2012). A study on color image and preference according to demographic factors of the aged generation. The Treatise on the Plastic Media, 15(1), 63-74.
- Park, Y. S., & Son, H. Y. (2012). A study on the silver generation's color preference for color designs in silver industries-focusing on silver products on online websites-. Journal of Korean Society of Color Studies, 26(1), 5-19.
- Yoo, S. J., Park, J. H., & Bang, G. S. (2011). A study on the air permeability and current state of cycle wear. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Fall Conference, Korea, p. 210.