- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Research on the Actual Wearing Condition of Cycle Wear for Athletes - Focusing on Male Cyclist in Domestic Highschool -
선수용 사이클 웨어의 착용 실태 조사 - 국내 남자 고등학교 사이클 선수를 중심으로 -
- Park, Hyunjeong (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University) ;
- Do, Wolhee (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles/Research Institute of Human Ecology, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2015.03.24
- Accepted : 2015.06.15
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study investigates the actual domestic and overseas cyclewear wearing conditions for male high school cyclists. The study results provide factors and degree of dissatisfaction as basic data for cyclewear development. This study was conducted on 35 male high school cyclists (freshman to seniors) by a questionnaire and interview method. Study results were: Male high school cyclists considered functionality as most important when they bought cyclewear and the brand they most often bought was a cheap domestic brand. Dissatisfaction with the crotch, thigh circumference and minimum leg circumference was higher than other parts during wearing. A cyclist is more sensitive to wear because they require more lower body motion than other parts. Cyclewear should be: less transformed even by frequent laundering, made of breathable material and use a sewing technique that minimizes air resistance and increases fit the body. Functional pads ergonomically designed with high tactile materials should be developed to prevent 'saddle sore' and groin soreness region that happens because of a lower body bending posture when cycling. A follow-up study is recommended to further develop excellence in cyclewear functionality and dimension suitability for male high school cyclists through the size system.
cyclist;male highschool;cycle wear;dissatisfaction
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Choi, H. S., Park, J. H., Lee, K. M., Do, W. H., & Kim, E. K. (2001). Active sportswear design. Seoul: Suhaksa.
- Jung, H. K., & Lee, J. R. (2013). Actual wearing conditions of bicycle wear. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(2), 268-276. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.2.268 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.2.268
- Kim, E. K. (2010). A study of the current state of cyclist wear. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(5), 88-105.
- Lee, Y. J. (2005). A study on wearing satisfaction and sensation of cycle wear -Focused on cycle wear of male-. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. J., & Suh, M. A. (2008). A research on the actual state of manufacturers of cycle wears and condition in wearing -Focusing on cycle wear of male(20-35 age)-. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 16(1), 58-69.
- Park, Y. M., & Kim, H. J. (2010). Cycle wear of material and development trends of clothing. Dyeing and Finishig, 5, 42-49.