- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Research Study on the Wearing Conditions and Preferences of Slim Fit Tailored Jacket Consumers - Focused on the comparison by body shape among the women in their 30s -
슬림 핏 테일러드 재킷의 소비자 착용실태 및 선호 조사연구 - 30대 여성 체형별 비교 중심으로 -
- Jeong, JaeChul (Graduate School Techno Design, Kookmin University) ;
- Park, SunKyung (Dept. of Fashion Design, Kookmin University)
- Received : 2015.07.07
- Accepted : 2015.08.30
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study aims to provide the basic reference necessary in improving the fitness of a ready-to-wear brand jacket through a research on the wearing conditions and preferences regarding a tailored jacket by body shape of the women in their 30s. The following results were drawn by implementing the research method of the self-administered type survey targeting 201 women in their 30s from August 14~28, 2014. First, the female consumers in their 30s preferred one button slim fit jacket when purchasing a tailored jacket and chose a close-fitting size. Second, the slim fit tailored jacket consumers preferred a jacket with some extra portion in the bust and hip areas but tightly fit in the waist area. Third, when purchasing a jacket under the ready-to-wear size system, the women with a triangle shape similar to a standard body silhouette had less instances of mending a jacket while the women with a big or small rectangle shape different from a standard body silhouette had more experiences of mending a jacket. Accordingly, it is expected of the manufacturers to increase the fitness satisfaction of the consumers by identifying the problems concerning the fitness and suggesting the improvement plans to produce a jacket of a good fitness reflecting the properties of different body shapes through such research on the wearing conditions and preferences regarding a tailored jacket by body shape of the women in their 30s.
tailored jacket;slim fit;wearing condition;women in their 30s
- Cho, S. H. (2006). Brassiere pattern development based on 3d measurements of upper body and breast shape: focused on women in their 30's. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung-Hee University, Seoul, Korea.
- Choi, J. W. (2000). Development of a grading increments chart for women's wear focusing on dimensional variations among groups of different ages, heights and drop values. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Im, S. Y. (2012). Leonardo davichi way split pattern. Gyeonggi-do: Hana.
- Jeon, E. J. (2004). A study on values of grading rules to improve the fitted jacket for middle-aged women. Unpublished master's thesis, Sung Kyun Kwan University, Seoul, Korea.
- Jeong, M. S. (1994). Classification of somatotype and its characteristic according to age group of adult female. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kang, Y. K. (2008). A study for the development of a tailored suit pattern for the chinese adult women : focused on the women in their early 20s in Shanghai. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Sook Myung Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, E. J. (2012). Creative characteristic study of the jacket design appeared in l'officiel magazine : Focusing on the Period from 1930 to 1970. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung-Hee University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, M. J. (2004). A study on the basic pattern of men's casual jacket - Focused on men between 25 and 34 Years Old.. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kondo, R. K. (1982). 近藤れん子の立體裁斷と基礎知識(Kondo, Rrnko's Drapping and Basic Knowledge) Tokyo: Mode-e-Mode.
- Lee, K. H., Kim, Y. H., Shim, E. Y., Lee, J. S., & Jeong, M. H. (2006). Costume & item. Seoul: Gyeongchunsa
- Park, J. H., & Lyu, S. H. (2004). A study on the middle age women's the body type and the degree of satisfaction with their body. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 12(1), 122.
- Sohn, H. S. (1989). Study on body types and the establishment of standard sizes middle aged women's ready-to-wear clothes. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sook Myung Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- A study on the Survey of the Production Conditions and Improvement in the Fit of a Slim Fit Tailored Jacket - Focused on the Korean women in Their 30s - vol.18, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.2.216