- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Development of House Caddie Uniforms Design to Enhance a Golf Course Image
골프장 이미지 제고를 위한 하우스 캐디유니폼 디자인 개발
- Park, Woomee (Dept. Fashion Design, Gwangju University)
- 박우미 (광주대학교 의상디자인학과)
- Received : 2015.01.12
- Accepted : 2015.06.20
- Published : 2015.08.31
The purpose of this study is to develop house caddie uniforms design which reflects the CI and image of 'Golfzon County Sunwoon', a representative golf course in the Honam circle, to enhance a positive image of a golf course and improve house caddies' service quality and their working efficiency. Study methods were as follows. In literature review, the domestic golf industry, golf culture, and house caddie uniforms as one of golf course CI elements were investigated. In empirical study, the formativeness of domestic golf course CI and house caddie uniforms was analyzed. Then, house caddie uniforms were developed using CI which is the symbolic element of a golf course. A concept for uniforms design development was 'Golf & Culture Communication' to symbolically represent an image of IT-based total golf culture club. It was limited to female uniforms design for spring or autumn that is high in application. A symbol and a logo which are symbolic elements of a golf course were freely worn in the form of a brooch. Symbolism and practicality were reinforced using PB(v), R(v), YR(v), and Y(vp) colors only for a golf course. Functionality was improved by using UV protection materials and aesthetics was expressed by reflecting 2014-15 F/W trends.
house caddie;corporate identity;golf;golf course image;caddie uniforms design
- Choi, B. A. (2009). The analysis of caddy service preference on demographic characteristics of golf customers. Korean Journal of Sport Management, 14(1), 83-95.
- Choi, Y. M., & Kim, K. (2013). A study on the development of golf course caddies' duty complaint scales. The Korean Journal of Sport Science, 22(1), 199-215.
- 'CI of Golfzone County'. (2012, March 1). Golfzone County. Retrieved June 21, 2014, from http://www.golfzoncounty.com/main?T=1
- Kim, D. J. (2014a, October). The crisis of golf courses and its solutions. Golf Guide, 103.
- Kim, N. E. (2014b, July 28). Promising business in korea is golf, not K-pop. Etoday. Retrieved April 11, 2014, from http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=957819
- Kim, S. Y. (2007). The study on caddies' satisfaction and preference on their uniforms: Bounded by Jeonnam area in South Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 57(8), 24-36.
- Kim, S. Y., & Kim, M. H. (2011). A study on a proposal for smart uniforms for caddies at golf courses, including a study of prototypes. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 61(3), 111-121.
- Kim, Y. J. (2003). A study of the participation factors and satisfaction degrees of indoor golf range members. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- Kwon, M. W., & Oh, M. W. (2007). The effects of service quality on the Customer satisfaction and repurchase intention in the Jeju golf clubs. Journal of the Exercise and Sport Science, 13(1), 1-11.
- Han, Y. H., & Park, M. H. (2005). The Plasticity od uniform design (Part I). Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(5), 649-661.
- Hong, S. A. (2012). A study on the relation with customer satisfaction. customer loyalty, and revisit by the qualities of caddy services in golf courses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- Hwang, I. S. (2014). Luxury golf course leading a new leisure culture. Newsmaker. Retrieved May 21, 2014, from http://www.newsmaker.or.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=4802
- Lee, M. S., & Lim, S. M. (2014). A comparative study on the color features and images of professional football uniforms in Korea and foreign leagues. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 64(3), 108-125. doi:10.7233.2014.64.3.108
- Lee, S. H., Yu, B. I., Jin, Y. W., & Kwak, I. S. (2005). Analysis on leisure satisfaction according to lifestyle of golf participants. Korea Sport Research, 16(4), 75-84.
- Ministry of Culture & Tourism. (2004). Predicting demand of domestic golf course. Korea: Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
- Ministry of Culture & Tourism. (2006). Predicting demand of domestic golf course. Korea: Ministry of Culture & Tourism.
- Mun, B. I., Kim, J. P., & Park, I. R. (2013). Analysis of the relationship between perceived choosing commercial and customer commitment satisfaction, and royalty in franchise screen golf club users. Korean Society of Golf Studies, 7(1), 65-74.
- Park, S. C. (2011). The effect of golf club users' perceived Images towards a caddie on the level of service satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Yong-in University, Yongin.
- Roh, D. Y., Park, C. S., & Kim, T. I. (2011). The relationship among caddies service quality, customer value and customer satisfaction. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 20(3), 683-694.
- Son, C. W. (2012). A study on relationships among the career management of caddies and organizational commitment: An examination of the mediating role of perceived organizational support. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan.
- Song, S. W. (2012). Influence of service level and service quality of caddy in golf course on customer's golf satisfaction and purchase behavior. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Daegu University, Daegu.