- Volume 41 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Concentrations of SPM and Ambient Hazardous Heavy Metals in an Industrial Complex Area in Daegu City
대구시 산단지역 대기 중 SPM과 유해중금속성분의 농도
- Song, Hee-Bong ;
- Kwon, Jong-Dae ;
- Park, Su-Kyoung ;
- Kim, Eun-Kyung ;
- Yoon, Hyun-Suk ;
- Ju, Myeong-Hui ;
- Bae, Gi-Soo
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.08.13
- Published : 2015.08.28
Objectives: This study evaluated the regional and seasonal concentrations of ambient hazardous heavy metals in an industrial complex area in Daegu City. Methods: A total of 64 SPM (Suspended Particulate Matter) samples were collected in non-industrial and industrial areas during 2014 and were analyzed for hazardous heavy metals elements (As, Cd, Mn, Ni, Pb) with ICP after acid extraction. Results: SPM and hazardous heavy metals concentrations showed regional (industrial complex area>non-industrial complex area) and seasonal (spring, winter>fall, summer) variations. All of the hazardous heavy metals were influenced by anthropogenic sources. The pollution index of hazardous heavy metals was very low, showing roughly one-quarter of the level of the air quality guidelines of WHO. The correlation analysis among SPM and hazardous heavy metals indicated that components of non-industrial complex areas were more related to each other than those of industrial complex areas, and the correlation in the winter was higher than in other seasons. Conclusion: It is necessary to control air pollution sources and establish related policy because hazardous heavy metals from industrial areas can influence residential areas.
Correlation analysis;Heavy metals;Industrial complex;Pollution index;SPM
- International Agency for Research on Cancer Home page. Available: http://monographs.iarc.fr/ENG/Classification/index.php. [accessed 2013].
- WHO. Air Quality Guidelines for Europe, 2nd ed; 2000.
- Song HB, Lee EY, Do HS, Jung CS, Shin DC, Lee MS, Paek YK, Jeon SS, Shin WS. Trace elements and source assessment of street dust in daegu, korea. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2007; 29(7): 793-800.
- Song HB, Do HS, Lee MS, Shin DC, Yoon HS, Kwak JH, Jung CS, Kang JH. Trace elements analysis and source assessment of school dust in Daegu, Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2007; 29(12): 1390-1399.
- Do HS, Song HB, Jung YW, Yoon HS, Kwak JH, Han JU, Kang HJ, Phee YG. Trace element analysis and source assessment of household dust in Daegu, Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2010; 32(1): 69-78.
- Song HB, Do HS, Kwak JH, Kim JW, Kang JH, Phee YG. Characteristics of trace element concentrations in dust by facilities and areas in Daegu, Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2010; 32(3): 287-295.
- Bae GH, Jung CS, Park KT, Lee MS, Shin DC, Kim YH, Yoon MH, Han YJ, Choi H, Baek SO. Trace element analysis and source assessment of apartment parking lot dust in Daegu, Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2011; 33(10): 756-766. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.10.756
- Song HB, Ahn JE, Jung YW, Yoon HS, Keum JL, Do HS, Kim SS, Kim JW. Trace element analysis and source assessment of parking lot dust in large shopping mall. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2012; 34(3): 168-176. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2012.34.3.168
- Lee CH. Trace metals of ambient TSP in Daegu Area. Korean Journal of Environmental Health. 2003; 29(1): 67-73.
- Choi SW, Song HD. Source characteristics of particulate trace metals in Daegu area. Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment. 2000; 16(5): 469-476.
- Do HS, Song HB, Shin DC, Kwak JH, Lee MS, Yoon HS, Kang HJ, Phee YG. Characteristic assessment of heavy metals in dusts collected by the air filtration system at subway stations in Daegu, Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2009; 31(1): 42-50.
- Kim EK, Song HB, Park MS, Lim JK, Kwon JD, Choi SJ, Park SK, Han GH. The concentrations of ambient VOCS at industrial complex area in Daegu city. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2014; 36(7): 498-505. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.7.498
- Maeil Newspaper. Available: http://www.imaeil.com/sub_news/sub_news_view.php?news_id=56474&yy=2013. [accessed 15 July 2015].
- DAEGU 3RD INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX. Available: http://www.dg3rd.or.kr/html/sub.html?sub=s02_3. [accessed 15 July 2015].
- DAEGU DYEING INDUSTRIAL CENTER. Available: http://www.dyecen.or.kr/sub02/list.asp?p_page=10&p_search=&p_keyword=&v_cate=. [accessed 15 July 2015].
- WEST DAEGU INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX ASSOCIATION. Available: http://www.seodaegu.or.kr/. [accessed 15 July 2015].
- Ministry of Environment Republic of Korea : Methods of air pollution, 2008.
- Taylor SR, McLennan SM. The Continental Crust : Its Composition and Evolution. Blackwell Sci., Cambridge, Mass, 1985. p.46-47.
- Korea Meterological Administration. Available: http://www.kma.go.kr/weather/climate/past_table.jsp?stn=108&yy=2015&obs=06&x=9&y=10. [accessed 15 July 2015].
- Rahn KA. Sources of trace elements in aerosols-an approach to clean air. Ph. D. Thesis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1971. p.325.
- Watson JG. Transections receptor models in air resources management. An international specialty conference, San Francisco, California, 1988. p.491.
- Han Y, Du P, Cao J, Eric SP. Multivariate analysis of heavy metal concentration in urban dusts of Xi'an, Central China. Science of the Total Environment. 2006; 355: 176-186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2005.02.026
Grant : 환경분야 시험검사의 국제적 적합성 기반구축
Supported by : 환경부