- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Green Manure Crops on Tomato Growth and Soil Improvement for Reduction of Continuous Cropping Injury through Crop Rotation in Greenhouse
토마토 시설재배지 토양에서 단기 녹비작물 재배가 연작장해 토양 개량 및 토마토 생육에 미치는 영향
Jung, Yu Jin;Nou, III Sup;Kang, Kwon Kyoo
- Received : 2014.07.21
- Accepted : 2015.02.21
- Published : 2015.04.30
To reduce the injury by continuous cropping system of tomato cultivation, green manure crops (GMCs) such as hairy vetch and rye were applied, Nutrient contributions of N, P2O5, K2O, CaO, and MgO in hairy vetch were 26.2, 5.8, 10.2, 6.6, and 1.5 ㎏/10a, respectively. Nutrient contributions of N, P2O5, K2O, CaO, and MgO in rye were 9.1, 4.2, 11.8, 3.8, and 3.1 ㎏/10a, respectively. After incorporation of GMCs into soil, bulk density in soil with GMCs was lower than that in soil without GMCs (control). In soil after incorporation of GMCs, pH was not different in all treatment conditions, and ranged from 6.37~6.52. EC in soil after incorporation of GMCs was lower than that in soil without GMCs. The OM, T-N, and avail. P2O5 contents in soil with GMCs were higher than those in soil without GMCs. The tomato growths were increased in the rotational cropping system (RCS) as compared to continuous cropping system (control and without NPK). Also the density of Pseudomonas corrugata in soil with GMCs was lower than that in soil without GMCs (control). This study suggest that the RCS using GMCs showed lower disease outbreak density in soil for tomato cultivation as compared to RCS without GMCs. Especially, the GMCs was good effect for reduction of continuous cropping injury of tomato.
Green manure crops;Soil improvement;Reduction of continuous cropping injury;Tomato greenhouse
- Allotey, D.F.K., T. Horiuchi and S. Miyagwa. 1997. Growth and nutrient dynamics of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) as influeced by different applications of green soybean manure and bio-decomposer. Japanese J. Crop Sci. 66(3):407-417. https://doi.org/10.1626/jcs.66.407
- Bernstein, L. 1975. Effects of salinity and sodicity on plant growth. Ann. Rev. of Phytopathology 13:295-312. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.py.13.090175.001455
- Chang, C.W. and H.E. Drenge. 1955. The effect of exchangeable sodium on soil properties on growth and cation content of alfalfa and cotton. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 19: 29-35. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1955.03615995001900010007x
- Jeon, W.T., K.Y. Seong, M.T. Kim, G.J. Oh, I.S. Oh and U.G. Kang. 2010. Change of soil physical properties by glomalin concentration and rice yield using difference green manure crop in paddy. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(2):119-123.
- Cho, H.S., W.Y. Park, K.Y. Seong, C.G. Kim, T.S. Park and J.D. Kim. 2011. Effect of green manure barley and hairy vetch on soil characteristics and rice yield in paddy. CNU J. Agricul. Sci. 38(4):703-709.
- Cho, H.S., K.Y. Seong, T.S. Park, M.C. Seo, W.T. Jeon, W.H. Yang, H.W. Kang and H.J. Lee. 2012. Change in carbon amount of soil and rice plant as influenced by the cultivation of different green manure crop. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(6):1058-1064. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.6.1058
- Cho, K.R., C.S. Kang, T.J. Won and K.Y. Park. 2006. Effects of compressed expansion rice hull application and drip irrigation on the alleviation of salt accumulation in the plastic film house soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 39(6):327-379.
- Jeon, W.T., K.Y. Seong, M.T. Kim, I.S. Oh, B.S. Choi and U.G. Kang. 2011. Effect of biomass and N production by cultivation methods of Leguminous and Gramineae green mamure on rice growth in central regions of Korea. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5): 853-858. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.853
- Jeon, W.T., K.Y. Seong, G.J. Oh, M.T. Kim, Y.H. Lee, U.G. Kang, H.B. Lee and H.W. Kang. 2012. Changes of biomass of green manure and rice growth and yield using leguminous crops and barley mixtures by cutting height at paddy. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(2):192-197. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.192
- Jun, H.S. and W.C. Park. 2001. Soil chemical characteristics and comparison with infested status of nematode (Meloidogyne, spp.) in plastic house continuously cultivated oriental melon in Sonju. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 20:127-132.
- Kim, S.H., D.C. Seo, J.H. Park, S.T. Lee, S.W. Lee, H.C. Kim, J.S. Cho and J.S. Heo. 2013. Effects of green manure crops on growth and yield of carrot for reduction of continuous cropping injury of carrot through crop rotation. Korea J. Environ. Agric. 32(4):279-286. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2013.32.4.279
- Jun, H.S., W.C. Park and J.S. Jung. 2002. Effects of soil addition and subsoil plowing on the changes of soil chemical properties and the reduction of root-knot nematode in continuous cropping field of oriental melon (Cucumis melo L.). Korean J. Environ. Agric. 21:1-6. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2002.21.1.001
- Kim, B.S. 2011. Selection of desirable cultivar for organic cultivation of carrot. Res. Plant Dir. 17(1):95-98. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2011.17.1.095
- Kim, C.G., J.H. Seo, H.S. Cho, S.H. Choi and S.J. Kim. 2002. Effect of hairy vetch as green manure on rice cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 35(3):169-174.
- Lee, B.H., J.W. Ahn, D.Y. Hwang, S.H. Oh, J.H. Kim, S.Y. Kim, Y.C. Ku and Z.R. Choi. 2006. Growth characteristics of six rice cultivars under rice-chinese milk vetch (Astragulus sinicus L.) cropping system. Korean J. Crop Sci. 51:84-91.
- Lee, B.J., T.H. Yoon, W.T. Cho, H.S. Jun and Y.S. Cho. 2013. Effect of green manure cropping on soil biomass-C and soil fertility in green house soil. Korea J. Organic Agrei. 21(4):647-657. https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2013.21.4.647
- Lee, I.B., S.B. Kang and J.M. Park. 2008. Effect of soil incorporation of granminaceous and leguminous manures on tomato (Lycoperiscon esculentum Mill) growth and soil nutirient balances. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 27(4):343-348. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.4.343
- Nam, S.Y., I.J. Kim, M.J. Kim, H.J. Kang, T. Yun, C.W. Rho, K.B. Min and C.H. Lee. 2007. Effects of green manure crops and rotational cropping system on growth and yield of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Korean J. Plant Res. 20(5):404-408.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil and plant analysis, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Shon, B.K., J.S. Cho, J.G. Kang, J.Y. Cho, K.Y. Kim, H.W. Kim and H.L. Kim. 1999. Physico-chemical properties of soils at red pepper, galic and onion cultivation areas in Korea. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 32(2):123-131.
- Son, C.Y., Y.J. Jung, I.H. Lee, U.G. Kang, W.T. Jeon, I.S. Nou and K.K. Kang. 2011. Defference in soil improvement effects of four green manure crops in greenhouse cultivation. Korea J. Plant Res. 24(5):636-641. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.5.636
- Sung, J.K., S.M. Lee, J.A. Jung, J.M. Kim, Y.H. Lee, D.H. Choi, T.W. Kim and B.H. Song. 2008. Effects of green manure crops. hairy vetch and rye, on N supply, red pepper growth and yields. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41(4):247-253.
- Wright, S.F. and A. Upadhyaya. 1996. Extraction of an abundant and unusual protein from soil and comparison with hyphal protein of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal. Soil Sci. 161:575-586. https://doi.org/10.1097/00010694-199609000-00003
- Yang, C.H., J.H. Lee, N.H. Baek, J.H. Jeong, K.M. Cho, S.B. Lee and G.B. Lee. 2012. Incorporation effect of green manure crop on improvement of soil environment on saemangeum reclaimed land during sorghum x sudangrass hydrid cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(5):744-748. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.744
- 농림수산식품부. 2010. 농림수산식품 주요통계. pp. 1-592.
- Selection of Native Ground Cover Plants for Sod Culture in an Organic Apple Orchard vol.28, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.5.641
- Establishment of Pre-Harvest Residue Limits (PHRL) of Flubendiamide and Pyriofenone on Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa Duch.) vol.21, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.1.62