- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Dolsan Leaf Mustard Kimchi Added with Seasoning of Sea tangle and Lentinus edodes
다시마와 표고버섯 혼합조미농축액 첨가에 따른 돌산갓김치의 품질특성
- Received : 2015.02.26
- Accepted : 2015.05.19
- Published : 2015.05.30
To increase the marketability of Dolsan leaf mustard Kimchi, seasonings were prepared by sea tangle and Lentinus edodes. Gat Kimchi A (GK-A) and Gat Kimchi B (GK-B) were prepared by addition of complex seasoning with Sea tangle (CSS), complex seasoning with Lentinus edodes (CSL), respectively and evaluated the quality characteristics. GK-A contained high minerals and dietary fiber and showed the effect of delaying pH-lowering and acidity-rising. There were no significant differences in salinity test after 70 days. Reducing sugar of test groups was higher than control. During the fermentation, Leuconostoc sp. was grown in GK-A and GK-B than control. Growth of control's Lactobacillus sp. increased 20 days after. Up to 30 days, lightness of control was high. Yellowness were increased browning potential in GK-B, 20 days after. From the initial to 10 days, Hardness of GK-A showed higher than the others. glutamic acid and aspartic acid content of GK-A was higher significantly than the others in the entire fermentation period (p<0.05). At 0, 10, 30 days, sweet-tasty amino acids of GK-A showed a significantly higher level than the others (p<0.05). From 10 days to 40 days of fermentation, the sensory evaluation of GK-A is better than the other groups. Comprehensively reviewed the above results, the conclusion is as follows: CSS made with sea tangle as a main ingredient. GK-A by seasoning the CSS to 90 g GK-A is expected as a new Dolsan leaf mustard products that can provide flavor and nutrition to the consumer at the same time.
Brassica juncea;Dolsan leaf mustard;Kimchi;Lentinus edodes;sea tangle
- Yoo, E. J., Lim, H. S., Park, K. O. and Choi, M. R. 2004. The relationship between ACE inhibitory activity and de gradation of sulfur containing materials in Dolsan leaf mus tard juice, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 9, 400-404. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02933065
- Penman, A. and Sanderson, G. R. 1972. A method for the determination of uronic acid sequence in alginates. Carbohydr. Res. 25, 273-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6215(00)81637-7
- Song, E. S. 1997. Antioxidative characteristics of chlorophylls and carotenoids in mustard leaf Kimchi. pH D. Dissertation, Pusan National university.
- Song, J. Y., Yoon, K. J., Yoon, H. K. and Koo, S. J. 2001. Effects of β-glucan from Lentinus edodes and hordeum vulgare on blood glucose and lipid composition in alloxan-induced diabetic mice. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 33, 802-807.
- Yoo, E. J., Lim, H. S. Park, K. O. and Choi, M. R. 200.5 Cytotoxic, antioxidative, and ACE inhibiting activities of Dolsan leaf mustard juice (DLMJ) treated with lactic acid bacteria, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 10, 60-66. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02931184
- Miller, G. L. 1959. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid regent for determination of reducing sugar. Anal. Chem. 31, 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Lim, H. S. 2002. The study for contents of sinigrin in Dolsan leaf mustard Kimchi during fermentation periods. J. Life Sci. 12, 523-527. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2002.12.5.523
- Lim, H. S., Park, K. O., Nishizawa, N., Bae, S. O. and Choi, M. R. 2008. Cytotoxicity of extracts from Dolsan leaf mustard Kimchi treated with lactic acid bacteria on lung and gastric cancer cells. Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 13, 174-181. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12257-007-0127-4
- Lim, J. H., Park, S. S., Jeong, J. W., Park, K. J., Seo, K. H. and Sung, J. M. 2013. Quality characteristics of Kimchi fermented with abalone or sea tangle extracts. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 42, 450-456. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.3.450
- Park, M. H., Oh, K. Y. and Lee, B. W. 1998. Anti-Cancer activity of Lentinus edodes and Pleurotus ostreatus. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 140, 702-708.
- Park, M. J., Jeon, Y. S. and Han, J. S. 2001. Fermentation characteristics of mustard leaf Kimchi added green tea and pumpkin powder. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 30, 215-221.
- Park, S. K., Cho, Y. S., Park, J. R., Moon, J. S. and Lee, Y. S. 1995. Changes in the contents of sugar, organic acid, free amino acid and nucleic acid-related compounds during fermentation of leaf mustard-Kimchi. J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. 24, 48-53.
- Park, W. P., Park, K. D., Kim, J. H., Cho, Y .B. and Lee, M. J. 2000. Effect of washing conditions in salted Chinese cabbage on the quality of Kimchi. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 27, 30-34.
- Park, Y. H., Park, B. H. and Jung, L. H. 2002. Sensory evaluations of characteristics in Toha-Jeot added mustard leaf Kimchi during the fermentation. Kor. J. Community Living Sci. 13, 25-36.
- Kim, J. O., Kim, M. N., Park, K. Y., Moon, S. H. and Ha, Y. L. 1993. Antimutagenic effects of 4-decanol identified from mustard leaf. J. Kor. Agric. Chem. Soc. 36, 424-427.
- Jung, B. M., Jung, S. J. and Kim, E. S. 2010. Quality characteristicsand storage properties of gat Kimchi added withoyster shell powder and Salicornia herbacea powder. Kor. J.Food Cook. Sci. 26. 188-197.
- Kim, H. R., Cho, K. J., Kim, J. S. and Lee, I. S. 2006. Quality changes of mustard leaf (Dolsangat) Kimchi during low temperature storage. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 38, 609-614.
- Kim, I. K., Shin, S. R., Lee, J. B. and Kim, K. S. 1997. Changes on the physical and sensory characteristics of dongchimi added with ginseng and pineneeedle. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 26, 575-58.
- Kim, S. K., Byun, H. G., Jeon, Y. J., Joo, D. S. and Kim, J. B. 1999. Development of natural seasoning using desalinatedtuna boiled extract. J. Kor. Fish Soc. 32, 75-82.
- Korean Food Standards Codex 2012. General test method. Korea Food and Drug Administration. Cheongwon, Korea, p. 10-1-1, 10-1-6, 10-1-7, 10-1-42
- Ku, H. S., Noh, J. S., Yun, Y. R., Kim, H. J., Kwon, M. J., Cheigh, H. S. and Song, O. K. 2007. Weight reduction and lipid lowering effect of sea tangle added Korean cabbage Kimchi. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 36, 1140-1147. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.9.1140
- Lee, G. D., Chang, H. G. and Kim, H. K. 1997. Antioxidative and nitrite-scavenging activities of edible mushroom. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 134, 432-436.
- Lee, Y. K., Lee, M. Y. and Kim, S. D. 2004. Effect of monosodium glutamate and temperature change on the content of free amino acids in Kimchi. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 33, 399-404. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.399
- Choi, M. R., Yoo, E. J., Song, S. H., Kang, D. S., Park, J. C. and Lim, H. S. 2001. Comparison of physiological activity in different parts of Dolsan leaf mustard. J. Kor. Soc Food Nutr. 30, 721-725.
- Cho, Y. S., Park, S. K., Chun, S. S., Moon, J. S. and Ha, B. S. 1993. Proximate, sugar and amino acid composition of Dolsan leaf mustard (Brassica juncea). J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. 22, 48-52.
- Cho, Y. S., Park, S. K., Chun, S. S. and Park, J. S. 1993. Analysis of isothiocyanates in Dolsan leaf mustard (Brassica juncea). Kor. J. Dietary Culture 8, 147-151.
- Choi, M. R., Yoo, E. J. and Lim, H. S. 2003. Effect of lactic bacterium on antioxidative and ACE inhibitory activity in Dolsan leaf mustard Kimchi. J. Life Sci. 13, 59-66. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2003.13.1.059
- Choi, Y. S., Hwang, J. H., Kim, J. I., Jeon, Y. S. and Cheigh, H. S. 2000. Antioxidative activity of mustard leaf Kimchi with optional ingredients. J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 29, 1003-1008.
- Diplock, T. A. 1991. Antioxidants nutrients and disease prevention. J. Clin. Nutr. 53, 189-193.
- Haroun-Bouhedja, F., Ellouali, M., Sinquin, C. and Boisson-vidal, C. 2000. Relationship between sulfate groups and biological activities of fucans. Thromb. Res. 100, 453-459. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0049-3848(00)00338-8
- Hong, J. S. and Kim, T. H. 1989. Contents of free amino acids and total amino acids in Agricus bisporus, Pleurotus ostreatus and Lentinus edodes. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 21, 58-62.
- Hwang, K. H., Kim, H. K. and Han, Y. N. 1997. Inhibitory activity of edible mushrooms on the tissue thromboplastin. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 132, 161-166.
- James, G. C. and Sherman, N. 1987. Microbiology A Laboratory Manual. 2nd ed., the Benjamin/Cummings Pub, NewYork, p.76.
- Cho, Y. S., Ha, B. S., Park, S. K. and Chun, S. S. 1993. Contents of carotenoids and chlorophylls in Dolsan leaf mustard (Brassica juncea). Kor. J. Dietary Culture 8, 153-157.
- Cho, Y. S. and Park, S. G. 1994. Changes in major taste components and microflora in mustard leaf Kimchi during fermentation. Korea Food Culture Research Seoul, p.183-208.
- Changes in Nutritional Composition and Physicochemical Properties of Mustard Leaf (Brassica juncea) Kimchi during Fermentation vol.29, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2016.29.5.706