- Volume 19 Issue 6
In this paper, we studied several aspects that affect the quality of VoIP using WiFi network. It's clear that the background data traffic within an AP, the end-to-end delay and the traffic loss of TCP/IP network gives serious effects on the voice quality. A kind of access control for the VoIP connection within an AP should be done for the acceptable voice quality.
VoIP;WiFi;MOS;Voice quality;Voice codec
- Dae-Woo Choi, "Evaluation of VoIP Service Quality under the Roaming of Mobile Terminals," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 747-752, Aug. 2012.
- TTA Std. TTAK.KO-01.0148, Voice Quality Criteria of Mobile Internet Telephony, 2009.12.22.
- Young-dong Kim, "End-to-End Performance of VoIP Traffics over Large Scale MANETs," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 49-54, Feb. 2011.
- Young-Dong Kim, "Performance of VoIP Traffics over MANETs under DDoS Intrusions," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 6, no.4, pp. 243-248, Aug. 2011.
- Dong-Yun Shin, Young-Kil Kim, "Dynamic QoS Mechanism for supporting VoIP Service in Tactical Communication Environment," Journal of Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 2078-2083, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.9.2078
- Dae-Woo Choi, "Evaluation of VoIP Capacity for IEEE802.11b WiFi Environment under Voice Coding Methods," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 243-248, April 2012.
- ANSI/IEEE Std 802.11, Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications 1999 Edition (R2003).
- ITU-T Recommendation G.107, The E-Model, A Computational Model for Use in Transmission Planning, ITU-T Recommendation, Dec. 1998.
- Jong Ki Lee, "Smart Phone and mVoIP," Magazine of the Korean Society for Internet Information, vol. 12, no. 2, pp.34-39, June 2011.