- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Development of 3D Modeling-based Survivability Analysis System for Armored Fighting Vehicle using Importance of Components
부품의 중요도를 활용한 3차원 전차 모델 기반 생존성 분석 시스템 개발
- Received : 2015.01.16
- Accepted : 2015.02.12
- Published : 2015.05.31
The mission capability of tank depends on its survivability. The survivability is ability for protection and tolerance by damage from threats. To improve the survivability of tank, we need an effectiveness analysis for loss of components, and accomplish performance enhancement using the result of analysis. In this paper, we develop a survivability analysis system for tank based on the importance. The importance numerically represents weight of each component which consisting of whole tank, also the importance is basic method of quantitative survivability analysis. To do this, we assign weight values to each component of tank, compose a weight tree, apply the importance calculation equation, and analyze the survivability of tank. Also we develop the system that consists of component structuralization and weight value setting program and survivability analysis and visualization program, and evaluate the system using implemented 3D CAD models of components of tank. The developed system apply to arrangement components.
Importance;Survivability analysis;Vulnerability analysis;Tank;Combat system
- H. G. Hwang, D. W. Park, J. I. Park, J. S. Lee and K. S. Rhyu, “A development of facility management system providing alarm function for fault effect and replacement of each component,” Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 456-462, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.4.456
- Michael V. Carras Jr, “BDA Enhancement Methodology using Situational Parameter Adjustments”, Air Force Institute of Technology, 2006.
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim, J. W. Lee and J. S. Lee, "A study on importance estimation of critical components for combat system survivability analysis," in Proceeding of The 1st Annual Conference of Next Defense, Seoul, Korea, pp. 145-146, 2014.
- W. E. Baker, J. H. Smith and W. A. Winner, "Vulnerability/Lethality Modeling of Armored Combat Vehicles - Status and Recommendations," Army Research Laboratory, U. S. 1993.
- Michael O. Said, "Theory and practice of total ship survivability for ship design," Naval Engineers Journal, vol. 107, issue 4, pp. 191-203, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-3584.1995.tb03085.x
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim and J. S. Lee, "An agent based modeling and simulation for survivability analysis of combat system," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 2581-2588, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.12.2581
- M. D. Burdeshaw, J. M. Abell, S. K. Price, and L. K. Roach, "Degraded States Vulnerability Analysis of a Foreign Armored Fighting Vehicle," Army Research Laboratory, U. S. 1993.
- D. F. Haskell, "AVVAM-1 (Armored Vehicle Vulnerability Analysis Model) and Tank Vulnerability Sensitivity Studies," Army Ballistic Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, U. S. 1973.
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim, J. S. Lee, H. J. Lee and J. S. Park, "A development of penetration analysis program for analyzing survivability of combat system," in Proceeding of The 2013 Annual Conference of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Jeju, Korea, pp. 1997-1998, 2013.
- A Development of Component Vulnerability Analysis Program for Armored Fighting Vehicle using Criticality based on FMECA vol.19, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.8.1973
- A Method and Application of Vulnerability Analysis for Combat Systems Considering Threats and Defense Ability : Focused on PKM Model vol.20, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.8.1623