- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of the Basic Technology for Solitary Senior Citizen's Lonely Death Monitor ing System using PLC
- Huh, Jun-Ho ;
- Seo, Kyungryong
- Received : 2014.12.26
- Accepted : 2015.05.02
- Published : 2015.06.30
The communications through the power lines are called as the PLC and this is a common name for the communication modes for the information delivery. This technology transmits the data through the power lines on which the information is stored with the form of high frequency signal. The characteristic of the frequency signal is that the signal can be separated from the power line through exclusive power line modem and transmitted to the terminal devices. In this paper, 'In-home Headcount' checking algorithm using Wi-Fi and taking above mentioned advantages is proposed, and the basic Technology for such Solitary Senior Citizen's Lonely Death monitoring system has been designed and implemented. The comparative analysis has been conducted in this paper with the test-operated and test bed-completed 'Hyosimi 119 Safety-Welfare System' which is still being tested since 2008. With the 'In-home Headcount Checking Algorithm', Wi-Fi connection/disconnection status and SSIDs of relevant Wi-Fis will be checked. We expect that our proposed method will become as the basic Technology which can prevent lonely deaths of elderly people living alone. Since the PLC technology can be normally implement all the functions used on internet anticipate that the technology could be applied to many areas to construct a new form of communication network.
PLC;Power Line Communications;In-home Headcount;Monitoring System;IoT;Solitary Senior Citizen's Lonely Death Monitoring System
- C.Z. Ou, B.S. Lin, C.J. Chang, and C.T. Lin, "Brain Computer Interface-based Smart Environmental Control System," Proceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing IEEE Computer Society, pp. 281-284, 2012.
- H.R. Kwon and D.S. Park. “Development of Care Skills And the Roles of Emergency Medical Technicians,” Korean Journal of Research in Gerontology, Vol. 21, pp. 27-45, 2012.
- Ryo ONISHI, Shigeyuki HIRAI, "Improvement of Measurement System of Human Activities in A Bathroom Using RFID," Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), pp. 17-22, 2007. (In Japanese)
- J. H. Huh, M. H. Hong, J. Lee, K. Seo, Implementation of DDoS Botnet Detection System On Local Area Network, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 678-688, 2013. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2013.16.6.678
- S. Panchadcharam, G.A. Taylor, I. Pisica, and M. R. Irving, "Modeling and Analysis of Noise in Power Line Communication for Smart Metering," Proceeding of Power and Energy Society General Meeting, pp. 1-8, 2012.
- S. Helal, W. Mann, H.E. Zabadani, J. King, Y. Kaddoura, and E. Jansen, “The Gator Tech Smart House: A Programmable Pervasive Space,” IEEE Computer Society, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 50-59, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2005.107
- W.H. Liau, C.L. Wu, and L.C. Fu, “Inhabitants Tracking System in a Cluttered Home Environment Via Floor Load Sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 10-20, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASE.2007.911671
- T.I. Hwang, H.J. Park, E.H. Paik, "Locationaware UPnP AV Session Manager for Smart Home," IEEE First International Conference on Networked Digital Technologies, pp. 106-109, 2009.
- C.S. Li, Y.M. Huang, and H.C. Chao, “UPnP IPv4/IPv6 Bridge for Home Networking Environment,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 1651-1655, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2008.4711216
- C. Rus, K. Kontola, I.D.D. Curcio, and I. Defee, “Mobile TV Content to Home WLAN,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 1038-1041, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2008.4637584
- P.M. Corcoran, J. Desbonnet, P. Bigioi, and L. Lupu, “Home Network Infrastructure for Handheld/Wearable Appliances,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 490-495, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2002.1037033
- A Design of Foundation Technology for PLC-based Smart-grave(Tumulus) System vol.18, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2015.18.11.1319
- A Study of Power Line Communication-based Smart Outlet System Expandable at Home vol.19, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.5.901
- Advanced metering infrastructure design and test bed experiment using intelligent agents: focusing on the PLC network base technology for Smart Grid system vol.72, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-016-1672-4
- Modelling of a Base Big Data Analysis Using R Method for Selection of Suitable Vertical Farm Sites: Focusing on the Analysis of Pollutants vol.19, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.12.1970
- An Approach to Improve the Penetration of Sustainable Energy Using Optimal Transformer Tap Control vol.9, pp.9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/su9091536