- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Nonlinear Analysis Programs for Small-size Reinforced Concrete Buildings I
소규모 철근콘크리트 건축물을 위한 비선형해석 프로그램 비교 I
- Received : 2015.03.31
- Accepted : 2015.07.09
- Published : 2015.09.07
For small-size reinforce-concrete buildings, Midas Gen, OpenSees, and Perform-3D, which are structural analysis programs that are most popularly used at present, were applied for nonlinear static pushover analysis, and then difference between those programs was analyzed. Example buildings were limited to 2-story frames only and frames with one or more rectangular walls. Analysis results showed that there was not much difference for frames only based on capacity curves. There were some differences for frames with rectangular walls, but it was not so significant. The global behaviors represented by the capacity curve were not so different, but the feature of each analysis program appeared when the results were analyzed in more detail. Therefore, the program users should understand the feature of the program well, and then conduct performance assessment. The result of this study is limited to low-story frames only and frames with rectangular walls so that it should be noted that it is possible to get different results for frames with non-rectangular walls or mid- to high-rise buildings.
Small-size building;Reinforced concrete;Nonlinear static pushover analysis;MIDAS Gen;OpenSees;Perform-3D;Moment-frame;Shear wall
- MIDAS GEN User's Manual. ver 785. MIDAS IT; c2010.
- Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center. Open simulation for earthquake engineering. Available from : http://opensees.berkeley.edu.
- CSI. Perform-3D, Nonlinear analysis and performance assessment for 3D structures, user guide version 4. Berkeley, CA: Computers and Structures Inc.; c2006. 336p.
- FEMA356. Prestandard and commentary for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings. Washington D. C.: Federal Emergency Management Agency; c2000. p.518.
- CSI. Perform components & elements version 4. Berkeley, CA: Computers and Structures Inc.; c2006. 270p.
- AIK. KBC 2009, Korean building code-structural. Seoul, Korea: Architectural Institute of Korea; c2009. 772p.
- Kim TW, Min CG. Analytical Study of the Effect of Full and Partial Masonry Infills on the Seismic Performance of School Buildings. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea. 2013 Sep;17(5):197-207. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2013.17.5.197
- KISC. Guidelines for seismic performance evaluation and rehabilitation of existing buildings. Kyeonggi-do, Korea: Korea Infrastructure Safety Corporation; c2013. 120p.
Supported by : 강원대학교