- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Structural Relationships Among Predictors of Creative Problem Solving in Engineering
공학분야 대학생의 창의적 문제해결에 영향을 미치는 지식융합 변인의 구조적 관계 분석
- Received : 2015.04.14
- Accepted : 2015.06.08
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study examined the impact of variables(collaboration, convergence motive, convergence thinking) on the creativity problem solving of engineering college students. 522 students among engineering colleges in Pusan and Ulsan were sampled. For the statistical analysis, analysis of covariance structure by AMOS 18.0 was applied. Results from structural equation modeling analyses indicated that a hypothesized model produced a better fit to the data than a comparative structural model. The hypothesized model shows the following results. On the basis of the hypothesized model, collaboration effected to directly convergence motive and creative problem solving, and convergence motive effected to directly convergence thinking, convergence motive effected to directly creative problem solving, convergence thinking effected to directly creative problem solving, and collaboration effected to indirectly convergence thinking by convergence motive. Therefore this study suggested the collaboration, convergence motive and convergence thinking are significantly variables to facilitate the creative problem solving for knowledge fusion in engineering.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Lee, Jung-Yeol.Rhi, Joo-Myung(2010). Meaning of design thinking. Proceedings of Korean Society of Design Science, 10, 62-63.
- Ocker, R. J. & Fjermestad, J.(2008). Communication differences in virtual design teams: findings from a multi-method analysis of high and low performing experimental teams. ACM SIGMIS Database, 39(1), 51-67. https://doi.org/10.1145/1341971.1341977
- Oh, Hun-Seok.Kim Hee-Jung.Bae, Hyong-Jun.Seo, Dong-In, and Kim, Han-Sol(2012). What drives convergence? Journal of research in education, 43, 51-82.
- Oh, Jung-Suk(2010). A Dephi Study of Developing Communication Competencies for Undergraduate Students. Journal of Educational Technology, 26(2), 241-266.
- Besselaar, P. & Heimeriks, G.(2001). Disciplinary, multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary: Concepts and indicators. Paper for the 8th conference on Scien to metircs and Informetrics, Sydney. Austrailia.
- Bhavnani, S. H. & Aldridge, M. D.(2000). Team work across disciplinary Borders: A bridge between college and the work place, Journal of Engineering Education, 13-16.
- Browne, M. W. & Cudeck, R.(1993). Alternative ways of assessing model fit. In K. A. Bollen, & J. S. Long (Eds.), Testing structural equation models (pp. 136-161). Newbury Park: Sage.
- Frodeman, R.(2010). The Oxford Handbook of Interdisciplinarity. NY: Oxford University Press.
- Gorman, M.(2010). Trading zones and interactional expertise: creating new kinds of collaboration, Cambridge, London. MIT Press.
- Hu, L. Z. & Bentler, P. M.(1999). Cutoff criterial for indexes in covariance structural analysis: Conventional criterial versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Modeling, 6, 1-55. https://doi.org/10.1080/10705519909540118
- Isaksen, S. G. & Lauer, K. J.(2002). The Climate for creativity and change in teams. Creativity and Innovation Management, 11(1), 74-86. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8691.00238
- Johansson, F.(2004). The Medici effect: Breakthrough insight at the intersection of ideas, concepts, and cultures. Harvard Business School publishing corporation.
- Kang, Jung-Ha.Choe, In-Soo(2006). Effects of Creative Problem Solving Program through Generating Product. Journal of Educational Psychology, 20(3), 379-701.
- Korres, K. & Tsami, E.(2010). Supporting the development of critical thinking skills in secondary education through the use of interdisciplinary statistics' and mathematics' problems. Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, 13(5), 491-507. https://doi.org/10.1080/09720502.2010.10700716
- Yun, Ho-Chang(2004). Concerning the Subjective and Objective Math. Proceedings of the Korea Institute of Psychiatry, 20, 47-57.
- Park, Sung-Mi(2014a). Analysis of Design Thinking and Creativity through Multidisciplinary Education in Engineering. National Research Foundation, Research Reports.
- Park, Sung-Mi(2014b). A Delphi Study on the Collaboration Motive for Knowledge Fusion in Engineering. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 4(11-1), 160-166.
- Ro, Sang-woo & An, Dong-sun(2012). A study on the theoretical-practical changes of present education in view of the academic convergence. The Journal of Educational Research, 10(1), 67-88.
- Rotberg, R. I.(2010). Biography and Historiography: Mutual Evidentiary and Interdisciplinary Considerations. The Journal of Interdisciplinary History, 40(3), 305-324. https://doi.org/10.1162/jinh.2010.40.3.305
- Salas, E. & Gelfand, M. J.(2013). Introduction to the Special Issue: Collaboration in multicultural environments. Journal of organization behavior, 34(6), 735-738. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.1880
- Schiebinger, L. & Schraudner, M.(2011). Interdisciplinary Approaches to Achieving Gendered Innovations in Science, Medicine, and Engineering. Interdisciplinary science reviews, 36(2), 154-167. https://doi.org/10.1179/030801811X13013181961518
- Shalley, C. E. & Gilson, L. L.(2004). What leaders need to know: A review of social and contextual factors that can foster or hinder creativity. The Leadership Quarterly, 15(1), 33-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2003.12.004
- Sharon, H. P. & Keiichi, S.(2009). Design Integrations, Research and collaboration. Translated in Korean by Jung, Yun-sook & Kim, Hyun-Kyeong(2011). Design Integrations: Research and Collaboration. Paju. Angrapix.
- Shin, Dong-Hee(2011). Smart Convergence and Consilience 3.0. Seoul : Sungkyunkwan Publishing Department.
- Siau, K. L.(1995). Group creativity and technology. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 29(3), 201-216. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2162-6057.1995.tb00749.x
- Thomson, A. M. & Perry, J. L.(2006). Collaboration Processes: Inside the Black Box. Public Administration Review, 66(s1), 20-32.
- Lee, Dae-Hyun(2008). A study on the history of intuition research and its mathematics educational implication. Journal of the Korean school mathematics, 11(3), 363-376.
- Kwon, Da-Eun.Jang, Sun-Hee,(2013). The Effect of Multidisciplinary Design Education for a Creative Climate in the Collaborative Design Process. Archives of design research, 26(3), 241-261.