- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Shear Strength of Perfobond Rib in Ultra High Performance Concrete
초고성능 콘크리트에 대한 Perfobond Rib 전단연결재 거동 평가
- Kang, Jae-Yoon (Structural Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Jung, Woo-Tai (Structural Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2015.06.05
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.07.31
Push-out test is performed on perfobond shear connectors applying ultra high performance concretes with compressive strength higher than 80 MPa to evaluate their shear resistance. The test variables are chosen to be the diameter and number of dowel holes and, the change in the shear strength of the perfobond rib connector is examined with respect to the strength of two types of UHPC: steel fiber-reinforced concrete with compressive strength of 180 MPa and concrete without steel fiber with compressive strength of 80 MPa. The test results reveal that higher concrete strength and larger number of holes increased the shear strength, and that higher increase rate in the shear strength was achieved by the dowel action.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- AASHTO, AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 6th Edition, p.1635, Washington DC, US, 2012.
- BSI, BS EN 1994-1-1:2004: Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structure, p.122, BSI, London UK, 2004.
- E. C. Oguejiofor, & M. U. Hosain, "A parametric study of perfobond rib shear connectors," Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol.21, No.4, pp.614-625, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/l94-063 https://doi.org/10.1139/l94-063
- G. S. Verissimo, M. I. B. Valente, J. L. R. Paes, P. J. S. Cruz, R. H. Fakury, "Design and experimental analysis of a new shear connector for steel and concrete composite structures," Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management, pp.68-72, 2006.
- J.-H. Ahn, C.-G. Lee, J.-H. Won, S.-H. Kim, "Shear resistance of the perfobond-rib shear connector depending on concrete strength and rib arrangement". J. Constr. Steel Res., Vol.66, No.10, pp.1295-1307, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2010.04.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2010.04.008
- J.-R. Cho, S. Y. Park, K. Cho, S. T. Kim, & B.-S. Kim, "Pull-out test and discrete spring model of fibre-reinforced polymer perfobond rib shear connector," Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol.39, No.12, pp.1311-1320, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/cjce-2011-0573 https://doi.org/10.1139/cjce-2011-0573
- S. B. Medberry, B. M. Shahrooz, "Perfobond shear connector for composite construction," AISC Chicago, No.1, pp.2-12, 2002.
- S. Y. K. Al-Darzi, A. R. Chen and Y. Q. Liu, "Finite Element Simulation and Parametric Studies of Perfobond Rib Connector," American Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol.4, pp.122-127, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3844/ajassp.2007.122.127 https://doi.org/10.3844/ajassp.2007.122.127
- Y. Ushijima, T. Hosaka, K. Mitsuki, H. Watanabe, Y. Tachibana, H. Hiragi, "An experimental study on shear characteristics of perfobond strip and its rational strength equations," Proceedings of the International Symposium on Connections between Steel and Concrete, pp.1066-1075, 2001.