- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Occupational Stress, Depression, Drinking of Heavy Industrial Male Workers
중공업 남성근로자의 직무스트레스, 우울, 음주
- Kim, Eun-Jung (Department of Nursing, Honam University)
- 김은정 (호남대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2015.03.12
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.07.31
This study investigates the relationship between occupational stress, depression, drinking among heavy industrial male workers. The participants of this study were 312 workers in a local heavy industry. The data were collected by self-report using questionnaires from May to June, 2014. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics. t-test, ANOVA, and pearson correlation coefficient, scheffe test, stepwise multiple linear regression with the SPSS/WIN 20.0 program. The total mean scores of occupational stress on the subjects were
- M. Jang "Relationship between job stress, social support, self-efficacy and depression of flight attendants", Unpublished master's thesis, Ehwa women's University, Seoul, 2009.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. Kang, et al., "Developing an occupational stress scale for Korean employees", Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 17, pp.297-317, 2005.
- K. C. Park, K. J. Lee, J. B. Park, et al., "Association between Occupational Stress and Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Symptoms among White-collar Male Workers in an Automotive Company", Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 20, pp.215-224, 2008.
- J. Wang, N. Schmitz, C. dewa, S. Stansfeld. "Changes in perceived job strain and the risk of major depression: Results from a population-based longitudinal study" American Journal of Epidemiology, 169(9), pp.1085-1091, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwp037
- R. C. Kessler, W. T. Chiu, A. Demler, et al., "Prevalence, Severity, and Comorbidity of Twelve-month DSM-IV Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R)", Archives of General Psychiatry, 62, pp. 617-627. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.62.6.617
- W. F. Stewart, J. A. Ricci, E. Chee, et al., "Cost of Lost Productive Work Time Among US Workers With Depression", The Journal of the American Medical Association, 289, pp.3135-3144, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.23.3135 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.23.3135
- S. H. Yoon, J. Y. Bae, S. W. Lee, et al., "The Effects of Job Stress on Depression, Drinking and Smoking among Korean Men", Korean Association of Health and Medical Sociology, 19, pp.31-50, 2006.
- M. R. Lee. "Relationship between Occupational Stress and Depression of Construction Workers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 20, pp.279-288, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.3.279
- B. R. Choi, S. J. Park, S. C. Choi. "The Impact of Married Worker's Work - Family Conflict and Problem Drinking on Depression", The Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 23, pp.53-74, 2010. https://doi.org/10.24230/ksiop.23.1.201003.53
- S. Y. Choi. "Relationship between Job Stress and Drinking Behavior and Practice Level of Dietary Guidelines in Male Workers", Unpublished master's thesis, Wonkwang University, Jeonju, 2011.
- D. R. Jo. "Workers' Job Stress Status and Related Factors -Using Korean Occupational stress Questionnaire Short Form-", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 15, pp.58-71. 2006.
- K. S. Jung. "The Cancer Incidence of Male Workers in A Shipyard", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ulsan university, Ulsan, 2009.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor. "2012 Industrial accident analysis", Ministry of Employment and Labor, pp.1- 441, 2013.
- J. H. Yoo. "Risk Assessment Program in the Shipbuiding Industry", Journal of the KSME, 48(6), pp.66-69, 2008.
- W. H. Kim. "The Development of a Checklist for Quantitative Assessment of Risk Factors of Musculoskeletal Complaints in Shipbuilding Workers", Physical Therapy Korea, 16, pp.42-51, 2009.
- E. Y. Park, W. H. Kim. "A Path Analysis of Musculoskeletal Diseases and Related Factors in Shipbuilding Workers", Physical Therapy Korea. 15, pp.53-61, 2008.
- Y. H. Kim, R. J. Park, W. J. Park, et al., "Predictors of Metabolic Syndrome Among Shipyard Workers and its Prevalence", Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 21, pp.209-217, 2009.
- S. D. Kim. "Relationships of Job Stress, Fatigue & Depression among one ship-building Supply Workers", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15, pp.2789-2796. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.2789 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.2789
- L. S. Radloff. "The CES-D Scale: A Self-report Depression Scale for Research in the General Population", Applied Psychological Measurement, 1, pp.385-401, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1177/014662167700100306
- M. J. Cho, K. H. Kim. "Diagnostic Validity of the CES-D(Korean Version) in the Assessment of DSM-III -R Major Depression", Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 32, p.381-399. 1993.
- J. B. Saunders, O. G. Aasland, T. F. Babor, et al., "Development of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test(AUDIT) : WHO collaborative project on early consumption-II", Addiction, 88, p.791-804. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.1993.tb02093.x
- B. O. Lee, C. H. Lee, M. J. Choi, et al., "Development of Korean Version of Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test(AUDIT-K): Its Reliability and Validity", Journal of Korean Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, 4, pp.83-92, 2000.
- M. K. OH, B. K. Park, et al., "Screening Criteria of Alcoholism by Alcohol use disorders Identification Test(AUDIT) in Korea.", Koran Journal of Family Medicine, 20, pp.1152-1159, 1999.
- H. R. Kim, Y. J. Yi, K. J. Lee, et al., "The Effect of Emotional Labor for Job Stress in Bus Drivers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 23, pp.20-27. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.1.20
- H. Y. Lim. "Job stress and Depression of Male Industry Workers", Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon, 2007.
- S. D. Jo, J. B. Park. "The Relationship between Job Stress and Alcohol-use Disorders among Firemen", Journal of the Korean Society Hazard Mitigation, 12, pp.133-140. 2012.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. "Korea Health Statistics 2012: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey(KNHANES V-3)", Ministry of Heath & Welfare, 2013.
- H. S. Kim, E. Y. Choi, S. M. Kim. "The Relationship between Occupational Stress and Stress Coping Method of Office Workers in Honam Area", Korean Journal of Stress Research, 19, pp.147-154, 2011.
- I. S. Jang. "A Study on the Correlation among Occupational Stress, Depression, Health - Related Behavior and Type A Behavior Patterns of Male Workers at a Steel Factory", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 18, pp.153-164, 2009.
- M. R. Kabir, M. Al-Amin, M. A. Siddique. "Andropause: The male climacterium", Journal of Teachers Association, 21, pp.87-92. 2008.
- Y. J. Son, E. Y. Choi, Y. A. Song. "The Relationship between Stress and Depression in Nursing College Students", Korean Journal of Stress Research, 18, pp.345-351. 2010.
- Y. Kaneita, T. Ohida, M. Uchiyama, et al., "The relationship between depression and sleep disturbances: A Japanese nationwide general population survey", Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 67, pp.196-203. 2006. https://doi.org/10.4088/JCP.v67n0204
- J. Y. Song. "Perception of and pattern of alcohol consumption and their effects on health-related behavior among college students", Unpublished master's thesis, Sangji University, Wonju, 2008.
- T. Hwang, J. Lee, K. Lee, et al., "Drinking and its relationship with smoking among university students", Journal of Agricultural Medicine Community Health, 32, pp.97-105. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2007.32.2.097
- M. S. Heo. "Examining the Association of Poverty Status Transition with the Causal Relationship between Drinking Problem and Depression", Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 65, pp.203-230. 2013. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2013.65.2.009
- E. J. Kim, J. Y. Lim. "A Correlational Study of Job Stress, Drinking and Smoking of Local Government Staffs", Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 16, pp.61-69. 2010.
- B. A. Kim, S. I. Lee, S. K. Kim, et al., "The Role of Job Stress and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Gene Polymorphism on the Severity of Alcohol Drinking in Korean Office Workers in Their Twenties", Korean Journal of Biological Psychiatry, 19, pp.91-98. 2012.
- The Effects of a Father's Occupational Stress and Rearing Attitude on Rearing Participation vol.22, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.4.419