- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Simulation of Curved Surface Forming of Steel Plate by Induction Heating
유도 가열을 이용한 강판의 곡면 성형 시뮬레이션
- Ryu, Hyun-Su (Central Research Institute, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering) ;
- Kim, Ho-Kyeong (Sungdong Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering) ;
- Ko, Dae-Eun (Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dong-Eui University)
- Received : 2015.03.25
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.07.31
Ship hull is a compound curved shape and most of shipyards have been using gas heating method for the surface forming of steel plate. This traditional forming process have problems such as difficulties in heat input control and poor working conditions due to loud noise and air contamination. Recently, researches on automatic hull forming system have been conducted using high frequency induction heating method which have good control ability and favorable working environment. In this study, the induction heating simulation system for curved surface forming of steel plate was developed and induction heating experiments were performed. Based on the results of this study, efficient induction heating coil design and optimal heating conditions for the automatic hull forming system can be obtained.
Supported by : 동의대학교
- Tekriwal, Prabhat Kumar, "Three-dimensional transient thermo-elasto-plastic modeling of gas metal arc welding using the finite element method", Ph.D. Thesis, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, USA, 1989.
- D. E. Ko, C. D. Jang, S. I. Seo and H. W. Lee, "Realtime Simulation of Deformation due to Line Heating for Automatic Hull Forming System", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 34(4), pp.116-127, 1999.
- Y. Ueda, H. Murakawa, A. M. Rashwan, I. Neki, R. Kamichika, M. Ishiyama and J. Ogawa, "Development of Computer Aided Process Planning System for Plate Bending by Line- Heating (Report III): Relation between Heating Condition and Deformation", Transaction of JWRI, 22(1), pp.145-156, 1993.
- J. G. Kang, J. H. Lee and J. G. Shin, "Numerical analysis of induction heating for the application of line heating", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 37(3), pp.110-121, 2000.
- C. D. Jang, H. K. Kim and Y. S. Ha, "Prediction of Plate Bending by High Frequency Induction Heating", Journal of Ship Production, 18(4), pp.226-236, 2002.
- Y. H. Lee and C. D. Jang, "A Study of Bending Using Long Type Coil by Discrete Method", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 45(3), pp.303-308, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2008.45.3.303 https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2008.45.3.303
- Balvant Patel, "Thermo-Elasto-Plastic Finite Element Formulation for Deformation and Residual Stresses Due to Welds", Ph.D. Thesis, Carleton Univ., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1985.