- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Clinical Research on Albumin-Bound Paclitaxel-Based Chemotherapy for Advanced Esophageal Cancer
- Yuan, Yuan (Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute) ;
- Zhang, Yan (Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute) ;
- Shi, Lin (Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute) ;
- Mei, Jing-Feng (Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute) ;
- Feng, Jif-Eng (Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute) ;
- Shen, Bo (Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute)
- Published : 2015.07.13
Background: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of albumin-bound paclitaxel-based chemotherapy in treatment for patients with advanced esophageal cancer who failed in first-line chemotherapy. Materials and Methods: We collected29 advanced esophageal cancer patients who received albumin-bound paclitaxel-based chemotherapy fromJune 2009 to September 2013, and the efficacy and safety of the compound were evaluated. These patients were treated with
Albumin-bound paclitaxel;advanced esophageal cancer;chemotherapy
Supported by : Wu jieping Fundof China
- Cao W, Xu C, Lou G, et al (2009). A phase II study of paclitaxel and nedaplatin as first-line chemotherapy in patients with advanced esophageal cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol, 39, 582-7. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyp058
- Cunningham D, Starling N, Rao S, et al (2008). Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancer. N Engl J Med, 358, 36-46. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa073149
- Desai N, Trieu V, Yao Z, et al (2006). Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor-free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxel. Clin Cancer Res, 12, 1317-24. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-05-1634
- Gong Y, Ren L, Zhou L, et al (2009). Phase II evaluation of nedaplatin and paclitaxel in patients with metastatic esophageal carcinoma. Cancer Chem Pharmacol, 64, 327-33. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00280-008-0874-8
- Gradishar WJ, Tjulandin S, Davidson N, et al (2005). Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oilbased paclitaxel in women with breast cancer. J Clin Oncol, 23, 7794-803. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.04.937
- Gradishar WJ, Tjulandin S, Davidson N, et al (2005). Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancer III trial. J ClinOncol, 23, 7794-803. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.04.937
- Karaosmanoglu AD, Blake MA (2012). Applications of PET-CT in patients with esophageal cancer. DiagnInterv Radiol, 18, 171-82.
- Kim JY, Do YR, Park KU, et al (2010). A multi-center phase II study of docetaxel plus cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with metastatic squamous cell esophageal cancer.Cancer Chem Pharmacol, 66, 31-36. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00280-009-1130-6
- Koshy M, Esiashvilli N, Landry JC, et al (2004). Multiple management modalities in esophageal cancer: epidemiology, presentation and progression, work-up, and surgical approaches. Oncolog, 9, 137-46. https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.9-2-137
- Montana M, Ducros C, Verhaeghe P, et al (2011). Albumin-bound paclitaxel: the benefit of this new formulation in the treatment of various cancers. J Chemother, 23, 59-66. https://doi.org/10.1179/joc.2011.23.2.59
- National Cancer Institute: Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events version 3.0. (CTCAE). http://ctep.cancer.gov/reporting/ctc_v30.html.
- Overman MJ, Kazmi SM, Jhamb J, et al (2010). Weekly docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil as initial therapy for patients with advanced gastric and esophageal cancer. Cancer, 116, 1446-53. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.24925
- Shi Y, Qin R, Wang ZK, et al (2013). Nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel combined with cisplatin as the first-line treatment for metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Onco Targets Ther, 27, 585-91.
- Takahashi H, Arimura Y, Yamashita K, et al (2010). Phase I/II study of docetaxel/cisplatin/fluorouracil combination chemotherapy against metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J ThoracOncol, 5, 122-8.
- Therasse P, Arbuck SG, Eisenhauer EA, et al (2000). New guidelines to evalu-ate the response to treatment in solid tumors. J Natl Cancer Inst, 92, 205-16. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/92.3.205
- Von Hoff DD, Ramanathan RK, Borad MJ, et al (2011). Gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel is an active regimen in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a phase I/II trial. J Clin Oncol, 29, 4548-54. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2011.36.5742
- Yun T, Han JY, Lee JS, et al (2011). Phase II study of weekly paclitaxel and capecitabine in patients with metastatic or recurrent esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer, 11, 385. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-11-385
- Zhang X, Shen L, Li J, et al (2008). A phase II trial of paclitaxel and cisplatin in patients with advanced squamous-cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Am J ClinOncol, 31, 29-33.
- Clinical experience with drug delivery systems as tools to decrease the toxicity of anticancer chemotherapeutic agents vol.14, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/17425247.2017.1276560
- Comprehensive review on how platinum- and taxane-based chemotherapy of ovarian cancer affects biology of normal cells pp.1420-9071, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00018-018-2954-1