- Volume 4 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Mitigating Hidden Nodes Collision and Performance Enhancement in IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Sensor Networks
IEEE 802.15.4 기반의 무선 센서네트워크에서 숨은노드 충돌 방지와 성능향상 기법
- Received : 2015.02.25
- Accepted : 2015.05.07
- Published : 2015.07.31
IEEE 802.15.4 is the well-established standard enabling wireless connectivities among wireless sensor nodes. However, the wireless sensor networks based on IEEE 802.15.4 are inherently vulnerable to hidden nodes collision because the wireless sensor nodes have very limited communication range and battery life time. In this paper, we propose the advanced method of mitigating hidden nodes collision in IEEE 802.15.4 base wireless sensor networks by clustering sensor nodes according to channel quality information. Moreover, we deal with the problem of resource allocation for each cluster.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- ns-2: The network simulator [Internet], http://www.isi.edu/nsnam.
- IEEE Std. 802.15.4-2011, Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE, Piscataway, N.J., 2011.
- I. Ho, S. Liew, "Impact of power control on performance of IEEE 802.11 wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, Vol.6, No.11, pp.1245-1258, Nov., 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2007.1045
- A. Koubaa, R. Severino, M. Alves, et al., "Improving quality-of-service in wireless sensor networks by mitigating hidden-node collisions," IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat, Vol.5, No.3, pp.299-313, Aug., 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2009.2026643
- H. W. Tseng, S. C. Yang, P. C. Yeh, et al., "A cross-layer scheme for solving hidden device problem in IEEE 802.15.4 wireless sensor networks," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol.11, No.2, pp.493-504, Feb., 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2010.2068287
- L. J. Hwang, S. T. Sheu, Y. Y. Shih, et al., "Grouping strategy for solving hidden-node problem in IEEE 802.15.4 LRWPAN," Proc. IEEE WICON', pp.26, 2005.
- K. Nishide, H. Kubo, R. Shinkuma, and T. Takahashi, "Detecting hidden and exposed terminal problems in densely deployed wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol.11, No.11, pp.3841-3849, Nov., 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.092712.100868
- J.-Y. Um, J.-S. Ahn, and K.-W. Lee, "Evaluation of the effects of a grouping Algorithm on IEEE 802.15.4 networks with hidden nodes," Journal of Commun. and Networks, Vol.16, No. 1, pp.81-91, Feb., 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JCN.2014.000011